ise-view-Article Detail Bottom List
Nestlé packaging recyclable by 2025
Date Published：4/11/2018 01:04:53 PM
Nestlé said it would ensure its packaging will be recyclable or re-usable by 2025, as it targets zero packaging waste.
CEO Mark Schneider said, "Plastic waste is one of the biggest sustainability issues the world is facing today. Tackling it requires a collective approach. We are committed to finding improved solutions to reduce, re-use and recycle. Our ambition is to achieve 100% recyclable or reusable packaging by 2025."
The company focuses on three core areas: eliminate non-recyclable plastics; encourage the use of plastics that allow better recycling rates; and eliminate or change complex combinations of packaging materials.
Nestlé aiming at 100% recyclable or reusable packaging by 2025 (PRNewsfoto/Nestle S.A.)
Recognizing the need for developing a circular economy, Nestlé is committed to:
- Playing an active role in the development of well-functioning collection, sorting and recycling schemes across the countries where we operate;
- Working with value chain partners and industry associations to explore different packaging solutions to reduce plastic usage, facilitate recycling and develop new approaches to eliminate plastic waste;
- Labeling our plastic product packaging with recycling information to help consumers dispose of it in the right way;
- Promoting a market for recycled plastics by continuing to increase the proportion of recycled plastics in our packaging
- Preventing packaging material ending up as waste, including in seas, oceans and waterways is one of the key reasons behind Nestlé’s pledge.