Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2018-6
- Asia now serves as an ideal location to a growing number of research centres that are engaged in developing applications for specific products, in particular, raw materials and compounds. One company that has joined the flock is Evonik, with the opening of its research hub in Singapore for functional coatings, 3D printing and tissue engineering. Another major trade event is featured in this issue – InterPlas Thailand 2018. As part of Thailand’s Manufacturing Expo, InterPlas Thailand has become a one-stop exhibition for ASEAN manufacturers as it caters not only to plastics, but also other fast-rising industries. Colour management is not as simple as it seems as today’s consumers are more demanding when it comes to buying products with aesthetic appeal. In this case, the contributions of colour measurement tools have become more significant in the bid to cut costs and achieve production efficiency.
- International Metalworking News for Asia June 2018 2018-06
- The June issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insight on some of the most important announcements and initiatives to come out of Vietnam's automotive industry. One of the most interesting Features is the Boardroom Connection interview of Toyota Motor Vietnam Co., Ltd’s General Manager, which talks about the company’s efforts in in expanding localisation by seeking investments from domestic auto parts companies, including Vietnam Motorisation in 2025. The ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit (AMM), organised by Ringier Trade Media, held its first conference in Vietnam and hosted over 200 participants and 26 speakers from 13 different countries. As a partner of the conference, TRUMPF participated with a presentation speech and an exhibition booth, providing expertise and innovative solutions for manufacturers and suppliers. Also don’t miss Tony Vintura, founder and CEO of Datapixel’s view on intelligent metrology. We are now at the beginning of a radical change in the way of capturing, analysing and integrating the inf
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - June 2018 2018-06
- MEAT in its various preparations, remains a staple part of many an Asian’s diet amid an increasing consumption of non-animal proteins becoming evident in the region. Our report on pages 10-13 with data from the USDA, Thai associations, and other sources, tracks the production and exports of pork, as well as those of poultry and seafood from Asia. Together with the continued growth in the meat industry is the rise in the consumption of plant-based/vegetarian foods or non-animal proteins. Mintel’s report in April 2018 mentions health awareness as one of the key factors for increased intake of non-animal proteins in 2017, while concern for environment is also a trigger to examine processed meat production and consumption. Meanwhile technological developments in lab-grown meat production is helping move the industry in this direction although we may see the results only many years from now. One company that recently announced innovations is Aleph Farms Ltd whose 3D technology allows production of clean meat that resembles the qualities of traditional cuts of beef. If
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-05
- EVEN as partially hydrogenated fats – the source of trans-fats – are making your product all the more flavourful, or adding to its shelf life, there is no escape from the fact that you will have to eliminate these at some point. In fact, DD is just a month away. The US Food and Drug Administration states: By June 18, 2018, human food must no longer contain partially hydrogenated oils for uses that have not been otherwise authorised by FDA. The FDA gave companies ample time to prepare, having announced their ruling in 2015 that PHOs are not ‘generally recognised as safe’ (GRAS). Knowing the dangers of PHOs to health – that is, increasing one’s bad cholesterol – taking it out of the formulation is but the only step to take for makers of bakery goods, savoury snacks, creamers, confectionery, and so on. While early options were to use sunflower, canola, or soybean, their oils are high in saturated fats, yet these do not appear to raise LDL cholesterol in blood. Now newer innovative fat substitutes can be tailored to any food company’s needs, so product re-formulati
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2018-4
- Two major exhibitions – NPE 2018 and CHINAPLAS 2018 – are covered in this issue. The back-to-back Special Supplements on these trade shows are aimed at promoting the products on exhibit and giving visitors a glimpse on the highlights as well as relevant industry trends. Aside from the print version, these key exhibitions are also online and can be found at www.industrysourcing.com/plastics where important developments and coverage are posted before, during and after the shows. Powerful machines are the vital to the move towards smart manufacturing. This issue looks into recently launched injection moulding machines that promise high efficiency and many other possibilities. When it comes to raw materials, the developments in the use of antimicrobials have taken a big leap in terms of ensuring safety and compliance to stringent standards. Many new compounds are being launched, which will definitely offer greater benefits to the medical sector.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-04
- Leading things off in the features section of International Metalworking News for Asia April issue is an article on Y-axis parting in multi-task machines and turning centres. One of the manufacturing megatrends of the recent decades is to and minimise the number of machining set-ups required to produce a specific component. A unique aspect of the single set-up trend is adding ‘live tooling’, in other word rotating tools, to turning centres. Find out more in this issue’s Metal Cutting. Kennametal solves the age-long problem of tool stability when drilling in deep cavities, alongside tall shoulders, and past bulky fixtures. The company’s hydraulic chuck extensions provide integral through-the-tool coolant channels, promoting tool life and increasing penetration rates in all drilling and reaming applications. There are a few independent features in April, including designing an efficient process for checking dimensional accuracy of turbine and aero-engine blades. The MODUS metrology software allows off-line development of advanced programs directly from CAD, with s
- Nonwovens Industry China 2018-3
- Nonwovens Industry China, in a strategic editorial partnership with the world's leading information provider, Nonwovens Industry, and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been providing in depth coverage of latest technologies, industry trends, solutions and applications for the nonwovens industry for the past 12 years. Nonwovens Industry China not only provides timely essential content on industry activities and trends, raw materials, processing & converting machinery, market information and related regulations, but presents these through multimedia channels including include e-magazines, a Nonwovens web site with daily updates and online exclusives, bi-weekly e-newsletters as well as interactive apps on iTunes and Google Play with video links. With our digital and printed content, our readers can stay ahead of their competition. This multimedia platform also offers the most effective communication package for suppliers of raw materials, additives, roll goods, testing and measuring equipment, and processing equipment to the roll goods and nonw
- International Composites News for China 2018-3
- International Composites News for China (RPC), in a strategic editorial partnership with a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been the leading media for the China composites industry for the past 12 years. The quarterly print and digital magazines, along with a dedicated vertical, bi-weekly e-newsletters, and magazine apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play, are source of up-to-date reports on machinery as well as process technologies, R&D, industry trends and market developments. For materials and machinery suppliers, International Composites News for China is an effective interactive platform which provides the latest information on their products and services to decision makers in commercial R&D, composite parts makers and end users in China. Through a dedicated Plastics vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events - including live updates from trade shows as they happen - to keep the industry informed. Bi-weekly E-newsletters featuring headli
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.