Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Plastics News for Asia - February 2019-2
- The first issue is always an optimistic opening – and in this issue, we made some changes that are geared to offer our readers with more technical information and insights into a dynamic industry. There are new sections, some old ones are gone. But in general, these changes will continue to focus more on how we can fully maximise the multimedia channels to disseminate industry trends. We have two interviews in this issue, one with leading manufacturer of plastic film for the pharmaceutical films in India; and another one with subsidiary of a global company offering production systems for packaging based in the Philippines. Both interviews reflect how the packaging industry will continue to embrace the latest technologies despite the regulations and standards being more stringent.
- International Metalworking News for Asia February 2019 2019-02
- The growing big data analytics market and increasing demand for inspection services from precision manufacturing drive the growth of industrial metrology market. Moreover, the use of 2D metrology products for dimensioning and inspection applications also contributes to the growth of the market for hardware. In the February 2019 issue of International Metalworking News for Asia, you will find several articles that tackle industrial metrology. Coming in with his own expertise of over 35 years, Taveesak Srisuntisuk has brought Hexagon Metrology (Thailand) Ltd on to the next level. With his role as General Manager of the AEC & Pacific region for Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Taveesak is poised to bring much bigger focus on solutions and everything that requires delivering market intelligence to customers in this region. Optical Gaging Products’ response to Industry 4.0 is to offer model based enterprise software that really treats the CAD model - the original design of the part - as the central repository of all data about that part. Its dimensions, tolerance
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-01
- WELCOME, 2019! Emerging from the revelry of Christmas and New Year celebrations, we can be exhausted or excited when January arrives. Having prepared for the next 12 months though, almost certainly we are enthused to see our plans unfold and to reap the fruits of our labour. This month, we will be at the very first ProPak Philippines (incorporating PlasPak Philippines and Ingredients Philippines), from January 24-26 at the World Trade Center Metro Manila, Pasay City. Please drop by stand H7 to know how we can help grow your business through our magazines, newsletters, and international conferences. At the trade show, we’re also happy to share this issue with you since it contains outlook reports for F&B ingredients and several reports on packaging. Many forecasts and consumer trends are still announced around this time. The interesting 2019 predictions of FrieslandCampina Kievit and Scentium are found in this magazine’s outlook section. And as you may already know, health & wellness remains the most important of the megatrends. This means you should be formulating
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-11
- THE FORECASTS and projections are coming in. Mintel recently released a report on what it sees will be the top three trends for the next year and beyond – an assessment of how sustainability, health and wellness, and convenience continue to influence movements in the F&B industry. For those interested in U.S. retail, Whole Foods Market also came up with its top 10 F&B predictions. While you may already have your own expectations and plans, you would still be interested in consumer surveys and figures, and how the predictions will play out especially in Southeast Asia – and even how Asian foods are also influencing global cuisine. Whole Foods singles out longanisa, a pork sausage from the Philippines, as a product gaining more shelf space, along with products with tropical fruits like jackfruit and guava. Ingredients play a crucial part in upcoming trends as health becomes even more important to consumers. In this issue, read our features on the U.S. Export Dairy Council, Kerry, KH Roberts, and Wacker as they tackle ASEAN's needs. In the packaging sector, among th
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2018-12
- Outlook 2019 is a Special Report that is included in the last issue of the year,and in this issue,we had the opportunity to select and interview representatives from the plastics industry’s leading players that provide advanced technologies, high-performance materials, and consumer products.Their insights on the direction the industry is taking,plus upcoming plans are worth noting given the many challenges that the industry faces. Also in this issue, a Feature on the A Global Commitment to eliminate plastic waste and pollution at source has been included. This Global Commitment has been signed by 290+ organisations, representing 20% of all plastic packaging produced globally - a clear indication that stakeholders are realising that actions are needed to minimise pollution caused by plastic waste. I attended the Plastics and Rubber Indonesia 2018 and noticed how the exhibition is getting bigger each year. There are many companies who are already actively engaged in the Indonesian market, while others are in the process of exploring a market that offers new opport
- Int'l Metalworking News for Asia 2018-12
- The internet of things finding its way into factories has started a fourth industrial revolution. Future scenarios in practice often referred to under the heading“Industry 4.0” are characterised by highly individualised products in veryflexible manufacturing conditions.Schaeffler offers comprehensive solutions that are tailored to customer and market requirements that include intelligent solutions and optimised lifecycle costs. Find out more in Software & Control section. The recently concluded EuroBLECH 2018 has systematically drove forward the vision of “World Class Manufacturing,” and Bystronic has accompanied its customers step by step on the path to the smart factory.This issue's Enterprise Close-up features Hurco (S.E. Asia) Pte Ltd’s open house in Singapore. This open house comes on the heels of the company’s 50th anniversary celebration. General Manager Wai Yip Lee shares the company's resilience, innovation, and commitment to customer service, which remained at the forefront of the company’s goals. Additive manufacturing or 3D printing process is changi
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-10
- The quest for sustainable solutions in plastics production goes beyond finding the right materials that are environment-friendly. This has been the message of the Innovation Takes Root 2018, a conference on advanced biomaterials that I attended Many issues were raised during the conference - from the physical properties of biomaterials to processing techniques, and lastly, on recycling and composting options. As we talk about recycling, recent developments paved the way for new recycling machines that are able to process and re-process waste composed of various materials. One example is a machine capable of processing mixed textile waste of multi-material composition. New medical-grade compounds that are flexible over a wide range of temperatures and with weldable and heat-sealable properties are becoming ideal option for tubings. Meanwhile, cost effective pigment solutions that fulfils US and Europe compliance regulations are giving more attractive colours to latex gloves.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-10
- Is it possible to innovate without boundaries? October cover story welcomes the age of ubiquitous innovation. Siemens President and CEO Tony Hemmelgarn explained the transformative business value of the digital enterprise that can only be realised by dissolving the boundaries between people, processes and applications. The company is integrating software applications into new solutions that reflect and support customers’ pursuit of more ubiquitous innovation. The recently concluded International Metalworking Philippines 2018 received an overwhelming responses from the international exhibitors. More than 85% of exhibitors are foreign companies, and 24% of these exhibitors are exhibiting in the Philippines for the very first time. Also in this issue, automation systems for tube processing have repeatedly been a subject in many discussions. At present it is fair to expect that the mechanical engineering sector will have to consolidate after a period of strong demand. The trend towards adopting automation techniques will continue and more strongly so. Metal Cuttin
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.