Companies are tossing in all ingredients to serve more plant-based alternative dishes in Asia.
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2019-4
- CHINAPLAS remains Asia’s top exhibition for the plastics and rubber industry. The exhibition has grown tremendously over the years – in both size and scope. Many international players join this exhibition, which has become the gateway to Asia’s highly dynamic industrial sector. And this year, Ringier Trade Media continues its tradition of releasing a special supplement where we provide the highlights of the exhibition plus information on the exhibitors and their products. There is no doubt that an innovator in this industry needs to have a clear vision on the direction it will take. In this issue, we feature Yann Bang Electrical Machinery Co., Ltd., whose vision and operations are beyond present time. The company has not only become a leading brand of auxiliary equipment, but also a benchmark of successful legacy to the next-generation industrial sector. This issue also looks at how the automotive industry has partnered with well-known technology companies and high-performance materials manufacturers in order to deliver the most advanced and sustainable vehicle
- International Metalworking News for Asia April 2019 2019-04
- One of the great joys of being a journalist is to see how engineers are transforming today’s machine tools and software solutions into user-friendly technologies that can provide new services and new business models. Let’s take for instance, KASTO. We all know that digitalisation and networking are rapidly gaining ground in metalworking – and the same trend is also taking place in storage & sawing technologies. At KASTO, this topic has long since ceased to be simply a dream of the future, because the sawing and storage technology manufacturer already has numerous solutions in its portfolio that make metalworking more efficient, more flexible and more cost-efficient in today’s Industry 4.0 era. SolidWorks World has long been known as the premier annual event dedicated to the 3D design and engineering community, hosted by the parent company, Dassault Systèmes. INTERNATIONAL METALWORKING NEWS FOR ASIA is fortunate to witness the announcement that in 2020 SolidWorks World will be renamed 3DEXPERIENCE World to reflect a growing community of users from across Dassault S
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - March 2019 2019-03
- THREE companies interviewed for this issue were formed out of the owners’ desire for better food and beverage. In Java, Indonesia, Mazaraat Artisan Cheese was established by owners who wanted to consume natural, organic cheese. Dissatisfied with the processed cheese sold in groceries and the high prices of imported artisan cheese, Muhammad Najmi learned to produce his own. After the successful takeoff of Mazaraat Artisan Cheese, he is setting up this company to become an R&D partner for other cheese producers as well. Caught in a similar dilemma, the owners of Pure Sports Nutrition felt the quality of commercial sports drinks could still be improved. After all, these contained artificial ingredients, and some cannot be taken by consumers with sensitive stomachs. Sports enthusiasts themselves, Simon Kraak and Marewa Sutherland, formulated different beverages suitable for hydration, endurance, and recovery, and took into account the importance of natural ingredients, additional nutrients, and balanced formulation. In Malaysia, Five & Two Foods wanted to do more with
- International Plastics News for Asia - February 2019-2
- The first issue is always an optimistic opening – and in this issue, we made some changes that are geared to offer our readers with more technical information and insights into a dynamic industry. There are new sections, some old ones are gone. But in general, these changes will continue to focus more on how we can fully maximise the multimedia channels to disseminate industry trends. We have two interviews in this issue, one with leading manufacturer of plastic film for the pharmaceutical films in India; and another one with subsidiary of a global company offering production systems for packaging based in the Philippines. Both interviews reflect how the packaging industry will continue to embrace the latest technologies despite the regulations and standards being more stringent.
- International Metalworking News for Asia February 2019 2019-02
- The growing big data analytics market and increasing demand for inspection services from precision manufacturing drive the growth of industrial metrology market. Moreover, the use of 2D metrology products for dimensioning and inspection applications also contributes to the growth of the market for hardware. In the February 2019 issue of International Metalworking News for Asia, you will find several articles that tackle industrial metrology. Coming in with his own expertise of over 35 years, Taveesak Srisuntisuk has brought Hexagon Metrology (Thailand) Ltd on to the next level. With his role as General Manager of the AEC & Pacific region for Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Taveesak is poised to bring much bigger focus on solutions and everything that requires delivering market intelligence to customers in this region. Optical Gaging Products’ response to Industry 4.0 is to offer model based enterprise software that really treats the CAD model - the original design of the part - as the central repository of all data about that part. Its dimensions, tolerance
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-01
- WELCOME, 2019! Emerging from the revelry of Christmas and New Year celebrations, we can be exhausted or excited when January arrives. Having prepared for the next 12 months though, almost certainly we are enthused to see our plans unfold and to reap the fruits of our labour. This month, we will be at the very first ProPak Philippines (incorporating PlasPak Philippines and Ingredients Philippines), from January 24-26 at the World Trade Center Metro Manila, Pasay City. Please drop by stand H7 to know how we can help grow your business through our magazines, newsletters, and international conferences. At the trade show, we’re also happy to share this issue with you since it contains outlook reports for F&B ingredients and several reports on packaging. Many forecasts and consumer trends are still announced around this time. The interesting 2019 predictions of FrieslandCampina Kievit and Scentium are found in this magazine’s outlook section. And as you may already know, health & wellness remains the most important of the megatrends. This means you should be formulating
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-11
- THE FORECASTS and projections are coming in. Mintel recently released a report on what it sees will be the top three trends for the next year and beyond – an assessment of how sustainability, health and wellness, and convenience continue to influence movements in the F&B industry. For those interested in U.S. retail, Whole Foods Market also came up with its top 10 F&B predictions. While you may already have your own expectations and plans, you would still be interested in consumer surveys and figures, and how the predictions will play out especially in Southeast Asia – and even how Asian foods are also influencing global cuisine. Whole Foods singles out longanisa, a pork sausage from the Philippines, as a product gaining more shelf space, along with products with tropical fruits like jackfruit and guava. Ingredients play a crucial part in upcoming trends as health becomes even more important to consumers. In this issue, read our features on the U.S. Export Dairy Council, Kerry, KH Roberts, and Wacker as they tackle ASEAN's needs. In the packaging sector, among th
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2018-12
- Outlook 2019 is a Special Report that is included in the last issue of the year,and in this issue,we had the opportunity to select and interview representatives from the plastics industry’s leading players that provide advanced technologies, high-performance materials, and consumer products.Their insights on the direction the industry is taking,plus upcoming plans are worth noting given the many challenges that the industry faces. Also in this issue, a Feature on the A Global Commitment to eliminate plastic waste and pollution at source has been included. This Global Commitment has been signed by 290+ organisations, representing 20% of all plastic packaging produced globally - a clear indication that stakeholders are realising that actions are needed to minimise pollution caused by plastic waste. I attended the Plastics and Rubber Indonesia 2018 and noticed how the exhibition is getting bigger each year. There are many companies who are already actively engaged in the Indonesian market, while others are in the process of exploring a market that offers new opport
Singapore’s vertical farmers address multiple issues in the city-state: food security, food waste, sustainable production, and availability of out-of-season produce.
What started out in the 1990s as an application for the pharmaceutical industry is now an established coating technology for PET bottles.
B.L. Agro Industries Ltd, a major producer of edible oils in India relies on Sidel for its PET packaging requirements.