Companies are tossing in all ingredients to serve more plant-based alternative dishes in Asia.
- Int'l Metalworking News for Asia 2018-12
- The internet of things finding its way into factories has started a fourth industrial revolution. Future scenarios in practice often referred to under the heading“Industry 4.0” are characterised by highly individualised products in veryflexible manufacturing conditions.Schaeffler offers comprehensive solutions that are tailored to customer and market requirements that include intelligent solutions and optimised lifecycle costs. Find out more in Software & Control section. The recently concluded EuroBLECH 2018 has systematically drove forward the vision of “World Class Manufacturing,” and Bystronic has accompanied its customers step by step on the path to the smart factory.This issue's Enterprise Close-up features Hurco (S.E. Asia) Pte Ltd’s open house in Singapore. This open house comes on the heels of the company’s 50th anniversary celebration. General Manager Wai Yip Lee shares the company's resilience, innovation, and commitment to customer service, which remained at the forefront of the company’s goals. Additive manufacturing or 3D printing process is changi
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-10
- The quest for sustainable solutions in plastics production goes beyond finding the right materials that are environment-friendly. This has been the message of the Innovation Takes Root 2018, a conference on advanced biomaterials that I attended Many issues were raised during the conference - from the physical properties of biomaterials to processing techniques, and lastly, on recycling and composting options. As we talk about recycling, recent developments paved the way for new recycling machines that are able to process and re-process waste composed of various materials. One example is a machine capable of processing mixed textile waste of multi-material composition. New medical-grade compounds that are flexible over a wide range of temperatures and with weldable and heat-sealable properties are becoming ideal option for tubings. Meanwhile, cost effective pigment solutions that fulfils US and Europe compliance regulations are giving more attractive colours to latex gloves.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-10
- Is it possible to innovate without boundaries? October cover story welcomes the age of ubiquitous innovation. Siemens President and CEO Tony Hemmelgarn explained the transformative business value of the digital enterprise that can only be realised by dissolving the boundaries between people, processes and applications. The company is integrating software applications into new solutions that reflect and support customers’ pursuit of more ubiquitous innovation. The recently concluded International Metalworking Philippines 2018 received an overwhelming responses from the international exhibitors. More than 85% of exhibitors are foreign companies, and 24% of these exhibitors are exhibiting in the Philippines for the very first time. Also in this issue, automation systems for tube processing have repeatedly been a subject in many discussions. At present it is fair to expect that the mechanical engineering sector will have to consolidate after a period of strong demand. The trend towards adopting automation techniques will continue and more strongly so. Metal Cuttin
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-09
- RINGIER starts the month with the Asia Food and Beverage Summit scheduled from 4-5 September 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Every year for the past four years, our company has been holding the event for members of the food and beverage industry in Southeast Asia. We have welcomed up to 200 delegates each time, so it is definitely an excellent networking opportunity as it is an excellent two days to sit back and listen to resource speakers refresh your knowledge of food safety, sustainability, innovation management, blockchain, processing technologies, and ingredient applications. A speaker at this event is Massimo Reverberi who founded Bugsolutely, one of several companies now incorporating edible insect powder in convenience foods such as pasta and snack foods. Crickets and silkworms, yes, they are the future of food, sustainable and high in nutritive value. Know more about these on page 6. This issue also brings interesting inputs from Kerry and Döhler on what’s trending in flavours and aromas. AAK shares an article on confectionery filling fats as well. The brewin
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2018-8
- Taiwan has gained an enviable position as one of the world’s leading suppliers of plastics machinery with many of the local manufacturers now aggressively moving forward in the global market. This is not surprising as many Taiwanese companies have spent years of painstaking work and huge investments poured into R&D to develop products meeting international standards. This issue focuses on TaipeiPLAS 2018, which serves as a showcase of the best in Taiwan industrial sector. The supplement on this major exhibition provides an overview on the highlights and products on exhibit. With IML now becoming more advanced, complex packaging designs can be achieved to ensure that food and other sensitive products are guaranteed fresh without sacrificing on the quality and aesthetic appeal. At the ENGEL Forum in Linz, Austria, the ENGEL Group has shown how the digital transformation is guiding its inject 4.0 into a new dimension and how this can ultimately optimise customer’s competitiveness and manage complex requirements by offering assistance systems.
- International Metalworking News for Asia August 2018 2018-08
- One of the benefits that we at International Metalworking News for Asia are proud to be able to offer readers is access to different platforms. You can read the magazine not only in print, but online through our website, industrysourcing.com. In this issue, Sandvik Coromant new president Nadine Crauwels sees the need to move quickly, be creative and to think outside the box in order to be successful. She says that new technology continually opens up new ways of providing value to customers. Meanwhile, Jesús de la Maza, president of Innovalia Group shared its vision about the current situation of industrial metrology. Many of the techniques that were made in the laboratories are being incorporated into the manufacturing process and this makes the industry begin to be more competitive. New cutting tools are continuously being added into the market, but what is the process to get a product from concept through to the spindle? Global manufacturer Dormer Pramet tasks its product management and development department with creating new tools every year. Another inter
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-07
- Health & nutrition: We're born with unique physical traits, mental abilities, even susceptibility to particular diseases and conditions based on our genetic makeup. The quality of nutrition that was afforded us from the moment of our conception right into later years of childhood has also partly shaped what we have become. In her article Keeping infants healthy, our correspondent Pearly Neo gathers scientific references examining the significance of early life nutrition on growth and development. She mentions how crucial it is to ensure that early life nutrition is given not only sufficient, but also educated and competent attention. Innovation: In the March 2018 issue, we published Innovation Management, an article written by Dr. Miflora Gatchalian of Quality Partners Inc. in the Philippines. This month, we give you the second installment to that report which focuses on how to stay competitive. Sustainability: Forum for the Future, a non-profit group helping organisations across the globe create a more sustainable future, published the The Feed Behind Our Food r
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2018-6
- Asia now serves as an ideal location to a growing number of research centres that are engaged in developing applications for specific products, in particular, raw materials and compounds. One company that has joined the flock is Evonik, with the opening of its research hub in Singapore for functional coatings, 3D printing and tissue engineering. Another major trade event is featured in this issue – InterPlas Thailand 2018. As part of Thailand’s Manufacturing Expo, InterPlas Thailand has become a one-stop exhibition for ASEAN manufacturers as it caters not only to plastics, but also other fast-rising industries. Colour management is not as simple as it seems as today’s consumers are more demanding when it comes to buying products with aesthetic appeal. In this case, the contributions of colour measurement tools have become more significant in the bid to cut costs and achieve production efficiency.
Singapore’s vertical farmers address multiple issues in the city-state: food security, food waste, sustainable production, and availability of out-of-season produce.
What started out in the 1990s as an application for the pharmaceutical industry is now an established coating technology for PET bottles.
B.L. Agro Industries Ltd, a major producer of edible oils in India relies on Sidel for its PET packaging requirements.