Companies are tossing in all ingredients to serve more plant-based alternative dishes in Asia.
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-2
- PLASTINDIA is geared as a world-class event with its transfer to a state-of-the-art exhibition venue. For the first time, we carry a Special Supplement on this fast-growing trade event where we present the show’s highlights, the products on exhibit and exhibitors’ contact details. A mini-section on PLASTINDIA is also up on www.industrysourcing.com/plastics so you can get the latest news and coverage exhibition before, during and after the event. High-pressure resin transfer molding has become a suitable option in the production of lightweight components and complex parts. New developments will see this process getting more sophisticated and more responsive to market requirements. Many innovative materials and processing technologies are being developed in the automotive industry and these are worth being recognized in the light of the leading trends in transportation. This issue presents the winners of the recent award-giving body and their valuable contributions to the automotive sector.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-12
- THIS is the first December issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal and comes out only online. We hope you find inspiration in the story of Mr La Ty, whose love for gelato stirred him into building his own brand, La Pops, in Cambodia. While in the section on health and nutrition, we put together updates on products and scientific research, including updates on antioxidants. Also in this issue, we share three case studies – Bosch Packaging Technology on the biscuit industry in Germany; Renishaw on its vacuum casting technology; and Veolia on its waste water treatment technologies installed in the Ovaltine facility in Thailand. The Asia Food and Beverage Summit Last month, Ringier was in Indonesia for the 3rd Asia Food and Beverage Summit (October 31-November 1) at the JS Luwansa Hotel in Jakarta. As support to Ringier Events, a small team of hard-working colleagues, I am pulled in from day one to help see the project through well until the post-show reports are out. There’s a very long to-do list, and on the day of the event itself one can only hope that the
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-12
- It is clear; the market for connected equipment and devices will continue to grow. But, as product designers and engineers face the challenges of building smart products, they are realising they need faster, better, smarter tools with which to create them. Part of that solution is to use tools capable of bringing all the disparate processes onto a single, unified platform. Global high-tech companies are melding Industry 4.0, automation and big data to create metalworking equipment, tools and solutions that will build empires in the industrial manufacturing. They are developing healthy ecosystems that can carry their strategies and values far. Whatever the situation, Industry 4.0 is here, and manufacturers all over the world are doing their best to prepare. At this issue’s 2018 Outlook Report, industry leaders and senior executives share their views and initiatives on Industry 4.0, and the current and future of metalworking industry, as part of their overall efforts toward automation and big data in manufacturing. The adoption of Industry 4.0 is indeed a major d
- International Plastics News for Asia 2017-12
- This is the last issue for the year, and again, we are happy to present the special report – Outlook 2018 – a compilation of valuable insights from industry experts on what they perceive will be the trends and developments in the plastics and rubber industry in 2018. We also asked them what products they will highlight in 2018 and majority of them presented their product portfolio, all geared for plastics manufacturers wanting to achieve smart manufacturing. Recycling technologies have become more sophisticated, providing one-stop solutions to processors aiming for enhanced efficiency, energy saving and high product quality. And in this issue, we look at the latest additions to the range of recycling systems and how these value-added functions can benefit processors. Three trade exhibitions in Asia were covered by the Ringier Trade Media Editorial team – T-PLAS in Thailand, VietnamPlas in Vietnam, and ALLPACK in Indonesia. Read our post-show reports to learn the interesting insights from these shows’ exhibitors. As the year 2017 ends, there is much optimism i
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-11
- IF YOU’RE watching the trends over the past few years, you’re likely to see how the food and beverage industry has transformed because consumers are learning to be more vocal about their preferences. They’re expressing their opinion about anything from flavors to concern for environment to illegal practices, and issues that raise questions about the ways of the industry. It’s also easy to track what they’re purchasing and eating. What does it all mean for you as a food/beverage manufacturer? You certainly invest in R&D to address the issues that affect your brand. You innovate to make your product food-safe, nature-friendly, sustainable, and healthy for consumers. You acquire another company to increase your capability. Whatever the strategy is, you depend on processing and packaging equipment or products to help you create the ideal product using the most cost-efficient means. The good news is there’s always a processing or packaging solution that will fit your needs even as your needs quickly change. In this issue, let’s explore some of the newer solutions.
- International Plastics News for Asia 2017-10
- The successful conclusion of the Asia Plastics Processing Technology and Innovative Materials Summit 2017, organized by Ringier Events in cooperation with various organizations and private sector representatives, reflects the growing importance of breakthrough technologies and high-performance materials in Asia's dynamic plastics industry. Held in Jakarta, this event highlighted the Asian market's demand for advanced technologies and also presented the materials of the future. Today's fast-moving markets give importance to connectivity and many companies will do well to adapt their products and manage information in both practical and cost-effective ways. And central to the operations of the smart environment and cloud-connected machinery and equipment that leverage collected data to monitor processes and keep production running optimally. Our Special Report in this issue brings into focus the impact of new materials in the highly dynamic automotive industry, which are setting new trends and standards in the way vehicles are built.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-10
- This month's special issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insight on some of the most important announcements and initiatives to come out of this year's top industry trends. One of the most intriguing highlights at the recent EMO Hannover is Hoffmann Group's analogy with nature's powers of innovation in its technology – emphasising the company's ongoing commitment to bringing new, high-quality tools to the market as part of its GARANT premium brand. Using the slogan "Innovative by nature", its innovations include a new conical barrel milling cutter, which makes it possible to achieve an improved surface quality and make considerable time savings through the use of state-of-the-art milling strategies. Håkan Ericksson, Global Product Specialist at Sandvik Coromant, authored this month’s Tooling & Workholding section titled “Fast automotive turning gets stamp of approval.” He explains a different method of turning that challenges conventions to deliver productivity increases typically no less than double what can be achieved presently. In
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-09
- THIS issue is full of new information on products and services for the food and beverage processing industry. We spoke at length with executives from Henkel, Alfa Laval, Videojet, and Veolia on their solutions for medium and large companies, and we feature equipment from Bühler, Matcon, and other trusted names in the manufacturing industry. And where would the food and beverage industry be without innovative ingredients? This September 5-6, Vitafoods Asia is thrilled to showcase nutraceuticals and health ingredients from its new home in Singapore. In Bangkok, Fi Asia will again gather thousands from September 13-15. To celebrate ingredients, we chose a delightful cover shot that depicts plant-based dairy, courtesy of AAK. We also interviewed Samhae, a manufacturer of seaweed products in Korea. Also this month, most packaging and processing companies we know will be at PACK EXPO Las Vegas, another spectacular event to be held from September 25-27. For those who will miss it, check out the new products on page 40.
Singapore’s vertical farmers address multiple issues in the city-state: food security, food waste, sustainable production, and availability of out-of-season produce.
What started out in the 1990s as an application for the pharmaceutical industry is now an established coating technology for PET bottles.
B.L. Agro Industries Ltd, a major producer of edible oils in India relies on Sidel for its PET packaging requirements.