At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- International Plastics News for Asia - June 2019-6
- There is no denying that CHINAPLAS has got what it takes to be the world’s biggest exhibition for the plastics industry. Each year, this exhibition grows in size and scale, not to mention in terms of identifying the trends – both present and future – in this dynamic industry. I’m sure many visitors were not disappointed with this visit as each year, many changes take place in this event. This issue carries a Special Supplement of another major exhibition in Asia – InterPlas Thailand. Part of the bigger Manufacturing Expo, this annual plastics trade show has been bringing Southeast Asian manufacturers closer to seeing the latest technologies and performance materials that could benefit their production operations. Vietnam has a fast-growing food and beverage industry, and opportunities are enormous for those providing packaging-related machinery, materials and products. Ringier Events launched its first summit on food and beverage packaging in Vietnam, which was a success.
- International Metalworking News for Asia- June 2019 2019-06
- Be sure to check out the June issue of International Metalworking News for Asia magazine, which spotlights some of the powerful new capabilities highlighted at the Grinding Symposium last month in which we were invited to participate and cover. Our lead feature, Malaysia step up to more advanced technologies, details the interview of Norbert Seo, Bystronic Senior Vice President Market Division Asia and Australia, in which he shared his thoughts regarding Malaysia’s potential especially in terms of high level technology. Norbert revealed the manufacturing sector in Malaysia continues to adopt new technologies to help increase visibility in both production and process. Having more quality in both areas through technology drives better value control, such as fewer defects and overall business efficiency. Also highlighted in this issue: Solution Sneak Peaks at HxGN LOCAL in Bangkok. Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division hosted the inaugural HxGN LOCAL MANUFACTURING ASIA event at the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel, Thailand. The premier cross-ind
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-06
- IT IS EASIER to find new machines and solutions these days and to create new business relationships. The growing number of F&B-related trade events and conferences taking place in Asia make it convenient for manufacturers to stay updated with industry issues, to evaluate products, and to meet with company representatives face-to-face. Through its series of conferences, Ringier aims to offer the same to companies with interest in the ASEAN F&B sector. From May 7-8, it successfully launched the first Asia Manufacturing: Food, Beverages & Packaging Summit in Ho Chi Minh City attended by 180 participants. I had the privilege of hosting this conference, the highlights of which are shared on pages 44-46. Then Ringier returns to Jakarta on August 27-28 for its 5th Asia Food and Beverage Manufacturing Summit, and to Manila on Sept 9-10 for the 2nd Asia Plastics Applications in Packaging Summit. You will find more information on these and other conferences on: http://www.ringierevents.com/conferences. This month, Ringier/FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal also looks forwa
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2019-4
- CHINAPLAS remains Asia’s top exhibition for the plastics and rubber industry. The exhibition has grown tremendously over the years – in both size and scope. Many international players join this exhibition, which has become the gateway to Asia’s highly dynamic industrial sector. And this year, Ringier Trade Media continues its tradition of releasing a special supplement where we provide the highlights of the exhibition plus information on the exhibitors and their products. There is no doubt that an innovator in this industry needs to have a clear vision on the direction it will take. In this issue, we feature Yann Bang Electrical Machinery Co., Ltd., whose vision and operations are beyond present time. The company has not only become a leading brand of auxiliary equipment, but also a benchmark of successful legacy to the next-generation industrial sector. This issue also looks at how the automotive industry has partnered with well-known technology companies and high-performance materials manufacturers in order to deliver the most advanced and sustainable vehicle
- International Metalworking News for Asia April 2019 2019-04
- One of the great joys of being a journalist is to see how engineers are transforming today’s machine tools and software solutions into user-friendly technologies that can provide new services and new business models. Let’s take for instance, KASTO. We all know that digitalisation and networking are rapidly gaining ground in metalworking – and the same trend is also taking place in storage & sawing technologies. At KASTO, this topic has long since ceased to be simply a dream of the future, because the sawing and storage technology manufacturer already has numerous solutions in its portfolio that make metalworking more efficient, more flexible and more cost-efficient in today’s Industry 4.0 era. SolidWorks World has long been known as the premier annual event dedicated to the 3D design and engineering community, hosted by the parent company, Dassault Systèmes. INTERNATIONAL METALWORKING NEWS FOR ASIA is fortunate to witness the announcement that in 2020 SolidWorks World will be renamed 3DEXPERIENCE World to reflect a growing community of users from across Dassault S
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - March 2019 2019-03
- THREE companies interviewed for this issue were formed out of the owners’ desire for better food and beverage. In Java, Indonesia, Mazaraat Artisan Cheese was established by owners who wanted to consume natural, organic cheese. Dissatisfied with the processed cheese sold in groceries and the high prices of imported artisan cheese, Muhammad Najmi learned to produce his own. After the successful takeoff of Mazaraat Artisan Cheese, he is setting up this company to become an R&D partner for other cheese producers as well. Caught in a similar dilemma, the owners of Pure Sports Nutrition felt the quality of commercial sports drinks could still be improved. After all, these contained artificial ingredients, and some cannot be taken by consumers with sensitive stomachs. Sports enthusiasts themselves, Simon Kraak and Marewa Sutherland, formulated different beverages suitable for hydration, endurance, and recovery, and took into account the importance of natural ingredients, additional nutrients, and balanced formulation. In Malaysia, Five & Two Foods wanted to do more with
- International Plastics News for Asia - February 2019-2
- The first issue is always an optimistic opening – and in this issue, we made some changes that are geared to offer our readers with more technical information and insights into a dynamic industry. There are new sections, some old ones are gone. But in general, these changes will continue to focus more on how we can fully maximise the multimedia channels to disseminate industry trends. We have two interviews in this issue, one with leading manufacturer of plastic film for the pharmaceutical films in India; and another one with subsidiary of a global company offering production systems for packaging based in the Philippines. Both interviews reflect how the packaging industry will continue to embrace the latest technologies despite the regulations and standards being more stringent.
- International Metalworking News for Asia February 2019 2019-02
- The growing big data analytics market and increasing demand for inspection services from precision manufacturing drive the growth of industrial metrology market. Moreover, the use of 2D metrology products for dimensioning and inspection applications also contributes to the growth of the market for hardware. In the February 2019 issue of International Metalworking News for Asia, you will find several articles that tackle industrial metrology. Coming in with his own expertise of over 35 years, Taveesak Srisuntisuk has brought Hexagon Metrology (Thailand) Ltd on to the next level. With his role as General Manager of the AEC & Pacific region for Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Taveesak is poised to bring much bigger focus on solutions and everything that requires delivering market intelligence to customers in this region. Optical Gaging Products’ response to Industry 4.0 is to offer model based enterprise software that really treats the CAD model - the original design of the part - as the central repository of all data about that part. Its dimensions, tolerance
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.