Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- China Food Manufacturing Journal 2020-1
- China Food Manufacturing Journal (CFMJ) has been the leading media for the China food & beverage industry for 15 years. The magazine, in a strategic editorial partnership with Food Processing and Food Quality and Safety of the US, has served decision makers involved in processing, packaging and development of foods and beverages. The monthly print and digital magazines and magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play are source of up-to-date reports on food and beverage processing, packaging and safety technologies, industry trends and market developments. For suppliers, CFMJ is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services for industry players to increase productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Through a dedicated Food and Beverage vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events including live updates from trade shows as they happen to keep the industry stay informed
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-12
- Our cover story on health and nutrition focuses on our responsibility -- individually, as a company, or community -- in solving global overnutrition and undernutrition. It's something that you in the food and beverage industry already know, and likely already engaged in. Based on statistics from the World Health Organization, about 1.9 billion adults are overweight or obese, while 462 million are underweight. There are now more obese than underweight people. It is not an easy task even on an personal level to watch one's weight, or to oversee a family's healthy well-being especially when stores are filled with snacks and convenience foods in very attractive packaging. The temptation is great - when choosing a snack, it's a mental wrestle between what's delicious and what's nutritious. Some brands claim their products are both. For others, we hope they keep working on reducing/eliminating ingredients that compromise the health over time. While product innovation/reformulation has its challenges, from cost to achieving the winning taste, it is simply a part of an o
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - November 2019 2019-11
- Ringier’s Asia Manufacturing Summit: Food and Beverages, Plastic Packaging and Plastic Recycling Technology held in August, proved to be another successful event from the company. It was followed a month later by the Plastic Applications in Food and Beverage Packaging Summit in Manila. In these conferences, there was a show of interest in sustainable packaging, recycling, and the circular economy, thanks to the presentations of keynote speakers Mr Crispian Lao who is Commissioner of the National Solid Waste Management Commission and founding president of the Philippine Alliance for Recycling and Materials Sustainability (PARMS), Mr Henky Wibawa of the Indonesia Packaging Federation, and other presentors at these events. They shared their passion to help effect change in the industry. Their sentiments in fact are echoed in how manufacturers are looking toward 2020 and beyond. In our outlook report for processing and packaging, equipment providers with their innovative and efficient machines can help manufacturers address waste reduction, better use of resources, an
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-09
- There’s keen interest in alternative proteins/plant-based proteins in Asia. A Mordor Intelligence report says the APAC market for plant proteins is growing at a CAGR of 6.1% (2018-2023) to reach USD 1,178 million by 2023. The region is getting ready for the meatless future even as we know that many consumers in the region are quite familiar with the taste of alternatives like insects, tofu, mycoproteins, and so many others. But how do you win in this budding market? Sam Gao of Top Guide Advisory Shanghai has his own thoughts to share about this on pages 14-16. Dairy is another booming sector in the region. The Southeast Asian market is looking good. Earlier this year, the US Dairy Export Council (USEC) announced record-highs for cheese, whey, and other ingredients, exported to the region in 2018. We talked to Ms. Dalilah Ghazalay, Regional Director, Southeast Asia, USDEC about it.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal -July 2019 2019-07
- You have heard it, and you will hear it over and over – the call for sustainable production, use, and disposal of plastics, and the importance of working together to achieve the goal of reduced plastic waste. We are knee-deep in plastic waste. Consider the statistics from the UN Environment: o 8.3 billion tonnes of plastic have been produced, using 17 million barrels of oil each year o 1 million plastic bottles, 10 million plastic bags are bought every minute o 50% of consumer plastics are single use, and 10% of all human-generated waste is plastic o 80% remains in landfills or the environment See more statistics in the article, Cohesive approach to solving the plastics waste problem on page 18. Meanwhile, the development of better materials such as 100% recyclable food-grade plastics are long-awaited. Recent products include Propafilm™ Strata SL from Innovia, and from Mondi a fully-recyclable polypropylene film for MAP and vacuum packaging. The technology to recycle PET into food-grade plastics is vital in the drive to reduce waste. In this issue we feature Ch
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-06
- IT IS EASIER to find new machines and solutions these days and to create new business relationships. The growing number of F&B-related trade events and conferences taking place in Asia make it convenient for manufacturers to stay updated with industry issues, to evaluate products, and to meet with company representatives face-to-face. Through its series of conferences, Ringier aims to offer the same to companies with interest in the ASEAN F&B sector. From May 7-8, it successfully launched the first Asia Manufacturing: Food, Beverages & Packaging Summit in Ho Chi Minh City attended by 180 participants. I had the privilege of hosting this conference, the highlights of which are shared on pages 44-46. Then Ringier returns to Jakarta on August 27-28 for its 5th Asia Food and Beverage Manufacturing Summit, and to Manila on Sept 9-10 for the 2nd Asia Plastics Applications in Packaging Summit. You will find more information on these and other conferences on: http://www.ringierevents.com/conferences. This month, Ringier/FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal also looks forwa
- Restaurateur 2019-5
- Since 2007, Restaurateur has been providing an interactive platform for our readers: the decision makers in HORECA industry. As the leading media for the China HORECA industry, Restaurateur is not only able to provide in-depth coverage ranging from latest information to emerging market trends, updates on recipe, equipment, technology, as well as design and management, but also presents its comprehensive content through multimedia. These include e-magazines, a HORECA industry web site with daily updates and online exclusives, weekly e-newsletters and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. In 2015, more content will be delivered via mobile and social media to meet the media consuming needs of the industry - in art via a weekly e-newsletter "the Weekly Special". In 2014, the cooking show section - "Magic Recipe" was launched to feature celebrity chefs to demonstrate how to cook their "hot" dishes. By utilizing excellent photography, selective features and creative culinary themes and with such current, informative and attract
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - March 2019 2019-03
- THREE companies interviewed for this issue were formed out of the owners’ desire for better food and beverage. In Java, Indonesia, Mazaraat Artisan Cheese was established by owners who wanted to consume natural, organic cheese. Dissatisfied with the processed cheese sold in groceries and the high prices of imported artisan cheese, Muhammad Najmi learned to produce his own. After the successful takeoff of Mazaraat Artisan Cheese, he is setting up this company to become an R&D partner for other cheese producers as well. Caught in a similar dilemma, the owners of Pure Sports Nutrition felt the quality of commercial sports drinks could still be improved. After all, these contained artificial ingredients, and some cannot be taken by consumers with sensitive stomachs. Sports enthusiasts themselves, Simon Kraak and Marewa Sutherland, formulated different beverages suitable for hydration, endurance, and recovery, and took into account the importance of natural ingredients, additional nutrients, and balanced formulation. In Malaysia, Five & Two Foods wanted to do more with
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.