Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-05
- THE MAY issue brings special attention to innovations in packaging and processing, from our six-page coverage of interpack in Düsseldorf to a quick preview of ProPak Asia (and Thaifex) in Bangkok. When reporting on trade shows of this enormity, I am blown away by what seems like countless solutions available to the food and beverage companies, from diverse materials to entry level machinery and cutting-edge lines being presented as designs to boost productivity. And this year, interpack highlights continuing developments in Industry 4.0. While Industry 4.0 is not a new concept, many aspects of investment, application, and even security are unclear to users. There are many reasons for this, so we aim to shed more light on the technology and applications as these are launched. Our feature on smart manufacturing on p32 is a good start. But for all the sophistication that technology brings, interpack also reminds us of some realities – to adopt food-saving concepts. So, don’t miss SAVE FOOD! Also in this issue, are the latest food ingredients, and an exclusive report
- China Food Manufacturing Journal 2017-4
- China Food Manufacturing Journal (CFMJ) has been the leading media for the China food & beverage industry for 15 years. The magazine, in a strategic editorial partnership with Food Processing and Food Quality and Safety of the US, has served decision makers involved in processing, packaging and development of foods and beverages. The monthly print and digital magazines and magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play are source of up-to-date reports on food and beverage processing, packaging and safety technologies, industry trends and market developments. For suppliers, CFMJ is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services for industry players to increase productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Through a dedicated Food and Beverage vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events including live updates from trade shows as they happen to keep the industry stay informed
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-03
- OUR boardroom connection interviewee is Cornelia Beau, managing director of Hainich, a Germany-based manufacturer of pickled products and sweet preserves. We met Ms Beau as she was sourcing machinery from Italy. From her we learn that Hainich products are very clean label, being produced traditionally. Manufacturers of baked goods and confectionery may already be aware of the product inspection technologies available to them, as well as why having the right conveying belt or system can help ensure the quality of breads, cookies, and chocolate. On page 22, Neil Giles of Mettler Toledo has something new on inspection systems; and on page 30, Flexco’s general manager, Southeast Asia, writes about keeping pace with this industry’s needs. Furthermore on food safety, and in particular ensuring halal authenticity, Vincent Lau of SCIEX explains the importance of using analytical tools to complement on-site inspection. Keeping you updated on dairy ingredients, Mervyn Gribben, general manager for Dairy & Nutrition, Asia Pacific, at Kerry and William Hui, Technical sales ma
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2017-2
- ANYWHERE in the world, there remain nutritional challenges to be addressed although much has been accomplished by the combined efforts of governments, organizations, and industry, to deal with malnutrition. Industry continues to play its role in stemming problems related to nutrition and health, but evidently much more must be done. In the Middle East, food fortification tackles inadequate intake of vitamin A and D, and iron. Read the report on page 9. In this issue, read an overview of the Saudi Arabia food and beverage market which continues to grow and attract new as well as popular brands, one of them, Barilla. According to this report by Zainab Mansoor, the country’s food service sales in 2016 was estimated to reach $8.88 billion, or close to half of the GCC’s. In boardroom connection, get to know more about Boncafe Middle East, a one-stop shop for coffee and equipment in Dubai.
- Restaurateur 2017-2
- Since 2007, Restaurateur has been providing an interactive platform for our readers: the decision makers in HORECA industry. As the leading media for the China HORECA industry, Restaurateur is not only able to provide in-depth coverage ranging from latest information to emerging market trends, updates on recipe, equipment, technology, as well as design and management, but also presents its comprehensive content through multimedia. These include e-magazines, a HORECA industry web site with daily updates and online exclusives, weekly e-newsletters and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. In 2015, more content will be delivered via mobile and social media to meet the media consuming needs of the industry - in art via a weekly e-newsletter "the Weekly Special". In 2014, the cooking show section - "Magic Recipe" was launched to feature celebrity chefs to demonstrate how to cook their "hot" dishes. By utilizing excellent photography, selective features and creative culinary themes and with such current, informative and attract
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-02
- CONSUMERS dictate the need for food and beverage products to contain ingredients that frankly shouldn’t compromise health when taken in moderation. It’s fair to demand that from the industry. Of course, market research suggest that the one direction manufacturers are taking is the route to simplify and clear their labels. Innova Market Insights calls it “Clean Supreme”. The clean and clear trend isn’t just for products, but for the whole supply chain. For many, it can be a long road to traverse. But I say, take the first step because there are no alternative routes if you want your products to be loved. Another important step to take is to increase the nutritional value of products where possible. This generation is choosy (to a fault?) and are likely to be more interested in functional products, and may I add, in attractive but sustainable packaging., be it with a new ingredient or a processing technology. That brings me to our report on infant nutrition. The industry continues to grow in Asia, despite the hurdles. This report also got me thinking. All these acti
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-11
- WE’RE all interested in what’s new, so this issue brings you the latest products for the food and beverage industry. Among packaging innovations are a metal can design that allows users to fill dry products through the base of the can and seam on a non-easy-open end without having to make changes to the filling line; vacuum skin films for enhanced on-shelf presentation; and a continuous ink jet printing system for those that require only up to two lines of printed text, graphics and barcodes as well as images from 2mm to 12mm on their products. Snack manufacturers may be interested in a continuous potato chip fryer with several features including patented technology to ensure evenly fried potato slices. It also limits the formation of acrylamides and reduces the amount of rejects. For companies that process powders, consider the new vertical dryer claimed to reduce cycle times. We also feature hoists and cranes that can be used in dust-laden atmospheres or other explosion-hazardous areas such as the chemical manufacture and processing environments. Last but not le
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - November 2016 2016-11
- For the outlook section this year, we deviate from the usual interviews with the industry’s leading companies, and get right into their new products to show you what’s new. After all, as experts, you already know the trends! So the outlook, packaging and processing sections of this issue will show you what’s out there this month. But FPMJ won’t be the same without its Q&As. We just had to know how Frédéric Théry, the new CEO for Asia Pacific at Veolia Water Technologies, is doing. We also interviewed Mandy Chen, Senior Sales Manager of TCI Co. Ltd, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements, functional drinks and skincare in Taiwan. And in Indonesia, we spoke with Mia Aristanti, owner of an up-and-coming producer of premium breakfast cereal, Muesli & Me.
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.