Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- China Food Manufacturing Journal 2018-3
- China Food Manufacturing Journal (CFMJ) has been the leading media for the China food & beverage industry for 15 years. The magazine, in a strategic editorial partnership with Food Processing and Food Quality and Safety of the US, has served decision makers involved in processing, packaging and development of foods and beverages. The monthly print and digital magazines and magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play are source of up-to-date reports on food and beverage processing, packaging and safety technologies, industry trends and market developments. For suppliers, CFMJ is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services for industry players to increase productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Through a dedicated Food and Beverage vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events including live updates from trade shows as they happen to keep the industry stay informed
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2018-02
- THE World Health Organisation says “obesity nearly tripled between 1975 and 2016” worldwide, and we know this to be a result of unhealthy eating habits or poor choices in food, coupled with inadequate physical exercise. Much has changed since 1975, obviously, and now it’s easier to gain weight. Back then, home-cooking was the norm; today, its convenience. We’re practically surrounded by restaurants, markets, 24-hour convenience stores, and vending machines. But it doesn’t necessarily mean we are surrounded by healthy food. It takes effort to seek, purchase, prepare and then stick to a nutrient-dense, low-calorie diet. Isn’t it faster to grab a packaged product and go back to our computers? But then again with the growing health concerns associated with bad diets, surveys show consumers are realising the need to go back to the discipline of healthy eating. Innova Market Insights coined it “mindful choices.” In fact most trends in 2018 point to consumption of simpler and more natural foods and products. In its website, the UN agency also recommends the food indus
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-02
- In the February issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal, we bring you exclusive interviews with food ingredients manufacturers in our attempt to gather their outlook for the year and the R&D route they are taking to be able to provide you with ingredients for texture, colour, taste, shelf life, and health benefits. Year after year, more natural ingredients for everyday products like breads, chocolate, sauces, yogurts, and preserved meat, are meeting new requirements in terms of overall quality and of course, reduced cost. We talked to companies that invest heavily in R&D like Arjuna, Chr. Hansen, Epi Ingredients, Ingredion, and Tate & Lyle, all of whom expressed optimism in the diverse South East Asian market where products now call for better sugar substitutes, fibre enrichment, natural preservatives, and low-fat alternatives. Probiotics have become one of the sought-after health add-ons in food and beverage as well. So, we reached out to Ganeden which is currently marketing their probiotic products in SE Asia., New Editorial Board member We are pleased to int
- Restaurateur 2018-2
- Since 2007, Restaurateur has been providing an interactive platform for our readers: the decision makers in HORECA industry. As the leading media for the China HORECA industry, Restaurateur is not only able to provide in-depth coverage ranging from latest information to emerging market trends, updates on recipe, equipment, technology, as well as design and management, but also presents its comprehensive content through multimedia. These include e-magazines, a HORECA industry web site with daily updates and online exclusives, weekly e-newsletters and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. In 2015, more content will be delivered via mobile and social media to meet the media consuming needs of the industry - in art via a weekly e-newsletter "the Weekly Special". In 2014, the cooking show section - "Magic Recipe" was launched to feature celebrity chefs to demonstrate how to cook their "hot" dishes. By utilizing excellent photography, selective features and creative culinary themes and with such current, informative and attract
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-12
- THIS is the first December issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal and comes out only online. We hope you find inspiration in the story of Mr La Ty, whose love for gelato stirred him into building his own brand, La Pops, in Cambodia. While in the section on health and nutrition, we put together updates on products and scientific research, including updates on antioxidants. Also in this issue, we share three case studies – Bosch Packaging Technology on the biscuit industry in Germany; Renishaw on its vacuum casting technology; and Veolia on its waste water treatment technologies installed in the Ovaltine facility in Thailand. The Asia Food and Beverage Summit Last month, Ringier was in Indonesia for the 3rd Asia Food and Beverage Summit (October 31-November 1) at the JS Luwansa Hotel in Jakarta. As support to Ringier Events, a small team of hard-working colleagues, I am pulled in from day one to help see the project through well until the post-show reports are out. There’s a very long to-do list, and on the day of the event itself one can only hope that the
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-11
- IF YOU’RE watching the trends over the past few years, you’re likely to see how the food and beverage industry has transformed because consumers are learning to be more vocal about their preferences. They’re expressing their opinion about anything from flavors to concern for environment to illegal practices, and issues that raise questions about the ways of the industry. It’s also easy to track what they’re purchasing and eating. What does it all mean for you as a food/beverage manufacturer? You certainly invest in R&D to address the issues that affect your brand. You innovate to make your product food-safe, nature-friendly, sustainable, and healthy for consumers. You acquire another company to increase your capability. Whatever the strategy is, you depend on processing and packaging equipment or products to help you create the ideal product using the most cost-efficient means. The good news is there’s always a processing or packaging solution that will fit your needs even as your needs quickly change. In this issue, let’s explore some of the newer solutions.
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2017-09
- HAVE you ever told someone: If my production is running efficiently without IoT, why should I adopt it now? Fair question. But if you could make your production run more efficiently – would you think twice in adopting IoT? The food and beverage industry has yet to get used to the idea of the Internet of Things (IoT) being a part of everyday processes. There’s always some resistance to adopting new technology when there’s insufficient knowledge about it, or if cost is an issue. According to experts, IoT can help bring down cost, enhance product quality and safety, track and trace products in transit, and so on. Being able to prevent production issues before they occur is a giant leap in efficiency. That’s just one of the benefits. Cutting waste is another. To know more, read our report on how IoT is changing the food and beverage sector. Also in this issue, we give you a market overview of Iran and Turkey, two of the fastest developing food and beverage markets in the region. On the cover, we feature sweet confections to highlight the development of new ingredients
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-09
- THIS issue is full of new information on products and services for the food and beverage processing industry. We spoke at length with executives from Henkel, Alfa Laval, Videojet, and Veolia on their solutions for medium and large companies, and we feature equipment from Bühler, Matcon, and other trusted names in the manufacturing industry. And where would the food and beverage industry be without innovative ingredients? This September 5-6, Vitafoods Asia is thrilled to showcase nutraceuticals and health ingredients from its new home in Singapore. In Bangkok, Fi Asia will again gather thousands from September 13-15. To celebrate ingredients, we chose a delightful cover shot that depicts plant-based dairy, courtesy of AAK. We also interviewed Samhae, a manufacturer of seaweed products in Korea. Also this month, most packaging and processing companies we know will be at PACK EXPO Las Vegas, another spectacular event to be held from September 25-27. For those who will miss it, check out the new products on page 40.
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.