Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- China Food Manufacturing Journal 2016-12
- China Food Manufacturing Journal (CFMJ) has been the leading media for the China food & beverage industry for 15 years. The magazine, in a strategic editorial partnership with Food Processing and Food Quality and Safety of the US, has served decision makers involved in processing, packaging and development of foods and beverages. The monthly print and digital magazines and magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play are source of up-to-date reports on food and beverage processing, packaging and safety technologies, industry trends and market developments. For suppliers, CFMJ is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services for industry players to increase productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Through a dedicated Food and Beverage vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events including live updates from trade shows as they happen to keep the industry stay informed
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-11
- WE’RE all interested in what’s new, so this issue brings you the latest products for the food and beverage industry. Among packaging innovations are a metal can design that allows users to fill dry products through the base of the can and seam on a non-easy-open end without having to make changes to the filling line; vacuum skin films for enhanced on-shelf presentation; and a continuous ink jet printing system for those that require only up to two lines of printed text, graphics and barcodes as well as images from 2mm to 12mm on their products. Snack manufacturers may be interested in a continuous potato chip fryer with several features including patented technology to ensure evenly fried potato slices. It also limits the formation of acrylamides and reduces the amount of rejects. For companies that process powders, consider the new vertical dryer claimed to reduce cycle times. We also feature hoists and cranes that can be used in dust-laden atmospheres or other explosion-hazardous areas such as the chemical manufacture and processing environments. Last but not le
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - November 2016 2016-11
- For the outlook section this year, we deviate from the usual interviews with the industry’s leading companies, and get right into their new products to show you what’s new. After all, as experts, you already know the trends! So the outlook, packaging and processing sections of this issue will show you what’s out there this month. But FPMJ won’t be the same without its Q&As. We just had to know how Frédéric Théry, the new CEO for Asia Pacific at Veolia Water Technologies, is doing. We also interviewed Mandy Chen, Senior Sales Manager of TCI Co. Ltd, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements, functional drinks and skincare in Taiwan. And in Indonesia, we spoke with Mia Aristanti, owner of an up-and-coming producer of premium breakfast cereal, Muesli & Me.
- Restaurateur 2016-11
- Since 2007, Restaurateur has been providing an interactive platform for our readers: the decision makers in HORECA industry. As the leading media for the China HORECA industry, Restaurateur is not only able to provide in-depth coverage ranging from latest information to emerging market trends, updates on recipe, equipment, technology, as well as design and management, but also presents its comprehensive content through multimedia. These include e-magazines, a HORECA industry web site with daily updates and online exclusives, weekly e-newsletters and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. In 2015, more content will be delivered via mobile and social media to meet the media consuming needs of the industry - in art via a weekly e-newsletter "the Weekly Special". In 2014, the cooking show section - "Magic Recipe" was launched to feature celebrity chefs to demonstrate how to cook their "hot" dishes. By utilizing excellent photography, selective features and creative culinary themes and with such current, informative and attract
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-10
- THE TALK everywhere in the industry is how to make food and beverage healthy. This is one reason the interest in yoghurt is also rising among Asian consumers in recent years. Although for many, it’s still an acquired taste and not what you’d commonly see at the breakfast table or snack list. Nonetheless, this dairy with its health benefits has made inroads into the market. How to extend quality of this product has been the issue among makers in the region. But from new packaging to ingredients, much has been made to ensure yoghurt stays fresh as it is transported to far places. In keeping flavor, color and texture intact, developments in ingredients help keep the overall quality of products. Positioning products as clean label on the other hand takes reformulation with more natural ingredients and choosing the right partners who can help you manage costs as well.
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-9
- COMPANIES are getting ready for the MEASA’s key trade show, Gulfood Manufacturing taking place from 7-9 November 2016. This show attracts around 35,000 visitors from the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia, looking to upgrade processes for better cost efficiency and sustainability, and to taste the latest ingredients and additives for product development. About 1,500 local and international exhibitors will introduce their region-appropriate raw materials and ingredients, packaging equipment, and processing solutions. So, I take this opportunity to wish all participants the best at this event. In the pages of this September issue, you will find tried-and-tested packaging and processing solutions that will be showcased at the Gulfood event. Read about how these solutions have boosted the efficiency of their customers. We also feature technologies that will one day soon be ready to improve snack processing, food preparation, as well as quality testing (see research on p12 and quality & safety on p26), and new products and services to make your own business even
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-9
- Deep ocean water with its rich amounts of minerals and trace elements is increasingly being considered a nutritional ingredient in products like sports nutrition supplements and functional beverages. In Asia, Taiwan Yes Deep Ocean Water Company owns the largest deep ocean water project, allowing it to supply pristine water and minerals for use in food and non-food products. Taiwan Yes president Tina L.A. Huang encourages food and beverage manufacturers to incorporate deep ocean water/minerals as a way to augment the health benefits of their products. Read more about this company in boardroom connection. On the cover, we feature spirulina, another functional ingredient that continues to gain recognition as a superfood. It has been in the news as a likely solution to malnutrition. In Cambodia, one company’s venture into spirulina production is moving ahead, thanks to meticulous production and supervision. Get to know Global Superfoods in ingredients.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-7
- THIS issue looks at packaging trends, from design to labeling technologies, available to manufacturers. It contains innovations from several packaging companies, in addition to those coming from ProPak Asia. Our main report on seafood processing emphasizes the importance of food safety in every step of production, and of implementing food safety programs including the HACCP Plan development pre-requisite programs such as current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP). For the latest in ingredients, read an overview on natural colors and updates on acidulants . In the health and nutrition section, get to know Biogreen Science, a manufacturer of anti-aging supplements in Indonesia; for updates on Omega-3, FMC’s Sarah Christianslund talks about the growing literature supporting the benefits of healthy fish oil.
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.