PET expert sees circular economy and recycling trends steering packaging sector
- China Food Manufacturing Journal 2019-8
- China Food Manufacturing Journal (CFMJ) has been the leading media for the China food & beverage industry for 15 years. The magazine, in a strategic editorial partnership with Food Processing and Food Quality and Safety of the US, has served decision makers involved in processing, packaging and development of foods and beverages. The monthly print and digital magazines and magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play are source of up-to-date reports on food and beverage processing, packaging and safety technologies, industry trends and market developments. For suppliers, CFMJ is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services for industry players to increase productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Through a dedicated Food and Beverage vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events including live updates from trade shows as they happen to keep the industry stay informed
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal -July 2019 2019-07
- You have heard it, and you will hear it over and over – the call for sustainable production, use, and disposal of plastics, and the importance of working together to achieve the goal of reduced plastic waste. We are knee-deep in plastic waste. Consider the statistics from the UN Environment: o 8.3 billion tonnes of plastic have been produced, using 17 million barrels of oil each year o 1 million plastic bottles, 10 million plastic bags are bought every minute o 50% of consumer plastics are single use, and 10% of all human-generated waste is plastic o 80% remains in landfills or the environment See more statistics in the article, Cohesive approach to solving the plastics waste problem on page 18. Meanwhile, the development of better materials such as 100% recyclable food-grade plastics are long-awaited. Recent products include Propafilm™ Strata SL from Innovia, and from Mondi a fully-recyclable polypropylene film for MAP and vacuum packaging. The technology to recycle PET into food-grade plastics is vital in the drive to reduce waste. In this issue we feature Ch
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-06
- IT IS EASIER to find new machines and solutions these days and to create new business relationships. The growing number of F&B-related trade events and conferences taking place in Asia make it convenient for manufacturers to stay updated with industry issues, to evaluate products, and to meet with company representatives face-to-face. Through its series of conferences, Ringier aims to offer the same to companies with interest in the ASEAN F&B sector. From May 7-8, it successfully launched the first Asia Manufacturing: Food, Beverages & Packaging Summit in Ho Chi Minh City attended by 180 participants. I had the privilege of hosting this conference, the highlights of which are shared on pages 44-46. Then Ringier returns to Jakarta on August 27-28 for its 5th Asia Food and Beverage Manufacturing Summit, and to Manila on Sept 9-10 for the 2nd Asia Plastics Applications in Packaging Summit. You will find more information on these and other conferences on: http://www.ringierevents.com/conferences. This month, Ringier/FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal also looks forwa
- Restaurateur 2019-5
- Since 2007, Restaurateur has been providing an interactive platform for our readers: the decision makers in HORECA industry. As the leading media for the China HORECA industry, Restaurateur is not only able to provide in-depth coverage ranging from latest information to emerging market trends, updates on recipe, equipment, technology, as well as design and management, but also presents its comprehensive content through multimedia. These include e-magazines, a HORECA industry web site with daily updates and online exclusives, weekly e-newsletters and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. In 2015, more content will be delivered via mobile and social media to meet the media consuming needs of the industry - in art via a weekly e-newsletter "the Weekly Special". In 2014, the cooking show section - "Magic Recipe" was launched to feature celebrity chefs to demonstrate how to cook their "hot" dishes. By utilizing excellent photography, selective features and creative culinary themes and with such current, informative and attract
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - March 2019 2019-03
- THREE companies interviewed for this issue were formed out of the owners’ desire for better food and beverage. In Java, Indonesia, Mazaraat Artisan Cheese was established by owners who wanted to consume natural, organic cheese. Dissatisfied with the processed cheese sold in groceries and the high prices of imported artisan cheese, Muhammad Najmi learned to produce his own. After the successful takeoff of Mazaraat Artisan Cheese, he is setting up this company to become an R&D partner for other cheese producers as well. Caught in a similar dilemma, the owners of Pure Sports Nutrition felt the quality of commercial sports drinks could still be improved. After all, these contained artificial ingredients, and some cannot be taken by consumers with sensitive stomachs. Sports enthusiasts themselves, Simon Kraak and Marewa Sutherland, formulated different beverages suitable for hydration, endurance, and recovery, and took into account the importance of natural ingredients, additional nutrients, and balanced formulation. In Malaysia, Five & Two Foods wanted to do more with
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-01
- WELCOME, 2019! Emerging from the revelry of Christmas and New Year celebrations, we can be exhausted or excited when January arrives. Having prepared for the next 12 months though, almost certainly we are enthused to see our plans unfold and to reap the fruits of our labour. This month, we will be at the very first ProPak Philippines (incorporating PlasPak Philippines and Ingredients Philippines), from January 24-26 at the World Trade Center Metro Manila, Pasay City. Please drop by stand H7 to know how we can help grow your business through our magazines, newsletters, and international conferences. At the trade show, we’re also happy to share this issue with you since it contains outlook reports for F&B ingredients and several reports on packaging. Many forecasts and consumer trends are still announced around this time. The interesting 2019 predictions of FrieslandCampina Kievit and Scentium are found in this magazine’s outlook section. And as you may already know, health & wellness remains the most important of the megatrends. This means you should be formulating
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-11
- THE FORECASTS and projections are coming in. Mintel recently released a report on what it sees will be the top three trends for the next year and beyond – an assessment of how sustainability, health and wellness, and convenience continue to influence movements in the F&B industry. For those interested in U.S. retail, Whole Foods Market also came up with its top 10 F&B predictions. While you may already have your own expectations and plans, you would still be interested in consumer surveys and figures, and how the predictions will play out especially in Southeast Asia – and even how Asian foods are also influencing global cuisine. Whole Foods singles out longanisa, a pork sausage from the Philippines, as a product gaining more shelf space, along with products with tropical fruits like jackfruit and guava. Ingredients play a crucial part in upcoming trends as health becomes even more important to consumers. In this issue, read our features on the U.S. Export Dairy Council, Kerry, KH Roberts, and Wacker as they tackle ASEAN's needs. In the packaging sector, among th
- Food Manufacturing Journal – Middle East 2018-10
- COMPANIES are getting ready for Gulfood Manufacturing, which takes place from 6-8 November 2018. We have some of the products featured in this issue. On stand S3-E24, Hydrosol GmbH & Co. KG from Germany will be showcasing a diverse range of its ingredients including texturing agents. Palsgaard will be presenting the ability of its emulsifier and stabiliser solutions to enhance bakery, confectionery, and other food products. See them at S2-E5. Ingredion says its "Tour of Tasty Trends" on booth S2-D22 aims to teach companies how to overcome certain food processing challenges. Ishida’s equipment are ubiquitous at most events across the globe including Gulfood Manufacturing. The star of its exhibit this year is the Inspira, the fastest VFFS snacks bagmaker in the world. So you don’t want to miss it. GEA also showcases its wide range of advanced food processing equipment. This year, the company released a hygienic pressure pump for dairies. In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, GEA and Almarai Company built the largest and most modern dairy processing facility with produc
GD Propack Co., Ltd., has decades of experience in injection molding services, as well as labeling and IML, according to Teerasate Charoenpoonsiri, General Manager.
At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.