At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- International Metalworking News for Asia April 2019 2019-04
- One of the great joys of being a journalist is to see how engineers are transforming today’s machine tools and software solutions into user-friendly technologies that can provide new services and new business models. Let’s take for instance, KASTO. We all know that digitalisation and networking are rapidly gaining ground in metalworking – and the same trend is also taking place in storage & sawing technologies. At KASTO, this topic has long since ceased to be simply a dream of the future, because the sawing and storage technology manufacturer already has numerous solutions in its portfolio that make metalworking more efficient, more flexible and more cost-efficient in today’s Industry 4.0 era. SolidWorks World has long been known as the premier annual event dedicated to the 3D design and engineering community, hosted by the parent company, Dassault Systèmes. INTERNATIONAL METALWORKING NEWS FOR ASIA is fortunate to witness the announcement that in 2020 SolidWorks World will be renamed 3DEXPERIENCE World to reflect a growing community of users from across Dassault S
- International Metalworking News for Asia February 2019 2019-02
- The growing big data analytics market and increasing demand for inspection services from precision manufacturing drive the growth of industrial metrology market. Moreover, the use of 2D metrology products for dimensioning and inspection applications also contributes to the growth of the market for hardware. In the February 2019 issue of International Metalworking News for Asia, you will find several articles that tackle industrial metrology. Coming in with his own expertise of over 35 years, Taveesak Srisuntisuk has brought Hexagon Metrology (Thailand) Ltd on to the next level. With his role as General Manager of the AEC & Pacific region for Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Taveesak is poised to bring much bigger focus on solutions and everything that requires delivering market intelligence to customers in this region. Optical Gaging Products’ response to Industry 4.0 is to offer model based enterprise software that really treats the CAD model - the original design of the part - as the central repository of all data about that part. Its dimensions, tolerance
- Int'l Metalworking News for Asia 2018-12
- The internet of things finding its way into factories has started a fourth industrial revolution. Future scenarios in practice often referred to under the heading“Industry 4.0” are characterised by highly individualised products in veryflexible manufacturing conditions.Schaeffler offers comprehensive solutions that are tailored to customer and market requirements that include intelligent solutions and optimised lifecycle costs. Find out more in Software & Control section. The recently concluded EuroBLECH 2018 has systematically drove forward the vision of “World Class Manufacturing,” and Bystronic has accompanied its customers step by step on the path to the smart factory.This issue's Enterprise Close-up features Hurco (S.E. Asia) Pte Ltd’s open house in Singapore. This open house comes on the heels of the company’s 50th anniversary celebration. General Manager Wai Yip Lee shares the company's resilience, innovation, and commitment to customer service, which remained at the forefront of the company’s goals. Additive manufacturing or 3D printing process is changi
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-10
- Is it possible to innovate without boundaries? October cover story welcomes the age of ubiquitous innovation. Siemens President and CEO Tony Hemmelgarn explained the transformative business value of the digital enterprise that can only be realised by dissolving the boundaries between people, processes and applications. The company is integrating software applications into new solutions that reflect and support customers’ pursuit of more ubiquitous innovation. The recently concluded International Metalworking Philippines 2018 received an overwhelming responses from the international exhibitors. More than 85% of exhibitors are foreign companies, and 24% of these exhibitors are exhibiting in the Philippines for the very first time. Also in this issue, automation systems for tube processing have repeatedly been a subject in many discussions. At present it is fair to expect that the mechanical engineering sector will have to consolidate after a period of strong demand. The trend towards adopting automation techniques will continue and more strongly so. Metal Cuttin
- International Metalworking News for Asia August 2018 2018-08
- One of the benefits that we at International Metalworking News for Asia are proud to be able to offer readers is access to different platforms. You can read the magazine not only in print, but online through our website, industrysourcing.com. In this issue, Sandvik Coromant new president Nadine Crauwels sees the need to move quickly, be creative and to think outside the box in order to be successful. She says that new technology continually opens up new ways of providing value to customers. Meanwhile, Jesús de la Maza, president of Innovalia Group shared its vision about the current situation of industrial metrology. Many of the techniques that were made in the laboratories are being incorporated into the manufacturing process and this makes the industry begin to be more competitive. New cutting tools are continuously being added into the market, but what is the process to get a product from concept through to the spindle? Global manufacturer Dormer Pramet tasks its product management and development department with creating new tools every year. Another inter
- International Metalworking News for Asia June 2018 2018-06
- The June issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insight on some of the most important announcements and initiatives to come out of Vietnam's automotive industry. One of the most interesting Features is the Boardroom Connection interview of Toyota Motor Vietnam Co., Ltd’s General Manager, which talks about the company’s efforts in in expanding localisation by seeking investments from domestic auto parts companies, including Vietnam Motorisation in 2025. The ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit (AMM), organised by Ringier Trade Media, held its first conference in Vietnam and hosted over 200 participants and 26 speakers from 13 different countries. As a partner of the conference, TRUMPF participated with a presentation speech and an exhibition booth, providing expertise and innovative solutions for manufacturers and suppliers. Also don’t miss Tony Vintura, founder and CEO of Datapixel’s view on intelligent metrology. We are now at the beginning of a radical change in the way of capturing, analysing and integrating the inf
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-04
- Leading things off in the features section of International Metalworking News for Asia April issue is an article on Y-axis parting in multi-task machines and turning centres. One of the manufacturing megatrends of the recent decades is to and minimise the number of machining set-ups required to produce a specific component. A unique aspect of the single set-up trend is adding ‘live tooling’, in other word rotating tools, to turning centres. Find out more in this issue’s Metal Cutting. Kennametal solves the age-long problem of tool stability when drilling in deep cavities, alongside tall shoulders, and past bulky fixtures. The company’s hydraulic chuck extensions provide integral through-the-tool coolant channels, promoting tool life and increasing penetration rates in all drilling and reaming applications. There are a few independent features in April, including designing an efficient process for checking dimensional accuracy of turbine and aero-engine blades. The MODUS metrology software allows off-line development of advanced programs directly from CAD, with s
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-02
- Every year the business world is overloaded with buzz words, and the metalworking supply chain sector is no different. In 2017, there was a lot of talk about innovation, digitalisation, and automation. Technology is at the centre of many of these changes, as organisations consider how big data, artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning, and more can transform their businesses. The manufacturing supply chain is a reasonable place to start leveraging new technology for good business value. Five industry experts weighed in on which trends we’ll be looking for in the 2018 manufacturing supply chain in Asia. Find out more in this month's Outlook section. If you’re looking for a cutting machine that can widen your boundaries, a laser cutting machine has a universe of possibilities. Buying your first laser cutting machine can be a daunting challenge, especially if you’re budget-minded. TRUMPF is introducing a new laser cutting machine, the TruLaser 2030 fiber. Equipped with up to four kilowatts of laser power, which is remarkably productive. Machine shops
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.