Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Plastics News for Asia - December 2019-12
- K 2019 is over and the overwhelming support it received from the plastics and rubber industries is manifested in its huge success – 3,300+ exhibitors and more than 220,000 visitors. Majority of those who came to exhibit are optimistic of the future given the strong commitment of the industry players in attaining a circular economy. Never before has those in the industries unite as they try to discover solutions towards sustainable production. This issue features many of the highlights of K 2019 – the technologies and materials launched, the outlook of the plastics and rubber industries and the insights of industry professionals who participated at this year’s edition. The upcoming trends and developments point towards a brighter future for plastics. Ringier Events held another successful edition of the 2019 Plastic Applications in Food & Beverage Packaging Summit in Manila, Philippines. The two-day event gathered leading industry and technology experts and over 150 delegates in one venue to explore the latest manufacturing technologies that will benefit food and
- International Plastics News for Asia - October 2019-10
- This issue is a special K 2019 edition, not only because of the Special Supplement on K 2019 that features the exhibition’s main highlights and products on exhibit, but also due to the presence of several articles that look into the most notable developments in plastics production. This year, the K show will focus on circular economy with many of the world’s well-known companies engaged in plastics manufacturing presenting their latest contributions to create awareness on environmental protection. As this exhibition remains the world’s most biggest industry event, many innovative technologies and materials are expected to see their world premiere. The successful 2019 Asia Manufacturing Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia reflects the growing interest in advanced technologies for food & beverage manufacturing where plastic packaging plays an important role. This year, waste management and recycling took centre stage in the technical presentations and discussions as ASEAN moves forward in achieving a circular economy in plastics.
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2019-8
- The use of recycled materials, in particular rPET, has gained popularity in the Asian region. In this issue, we talked to a leading manufacturer of PET recycling systems and his customer, to determine how their recycling is reshaping the food packaging sector. Preform moulding solutions are now capable of meeting the most challenging tasks through enhanced machine performance that can cut down production costs. In this issue, a next-generation preform moulding system has been introduced. The new system features significant technology improvements aimed at delivering better energy savings, system reliability, preform quality and user friendliness. With PVC as preferred material for many products, an innovative renewable plasticiser is now available to provide flexibility power to PVC. Based on a significantly lower carbon footprint compared with competing materials and technologies, the plasticiser is expected to produce a more appealing variant of PVC products. This issue’s Special Report looks at the ASEAN plastics industry and its strengths. There is no denying
- International Plastics News for Asia - June 2019-6
- There is no denying that CHINAPLAS has got what it takes to be the world’s biggest exhibition for the plastics industry. Each year, this exhibition grows in size and scale, not to mention in terms of identifying the trends – both present and future – in this dynamic industry. I’m sure many visitors were not disappointed with this visit as each year, many changes take place in this event. This issue carries a Special Supplement of another major exhibition in Asia – InterPlas Thailand. Part of the bigger Manufacturing Expo, this annual plastics trade show has been bringing Southeast Asian manufacturers closer to seeing the latest technologies and performance materials that could benefit their production operations. Vietnam has a fast-growing food and beverage industry, and opportunities are enormous for those providing packaging-related machinery, materials and products. Ringier Events launched its first summit on food and beverage packaging in Vietnam, which was a success.
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2019-4
- CHINAPLAS remains Asia’s top exhibition for the plastics and rubber industry. The exhibition has grown tremendously over the years – in both size and scope. Many international players join this exhibition, which has become the gateway to Asia’s highly dynamic industrial sector. And this year, Ringier Trade Media continues its tradition of releasing a special supplement where we provide the highlights of the exhibition plus information on the exhibitors and their products. There is no doubt that an innovator in this industry needs to have a clear vision on the direction it will take. In this issue, we feature Yann Bang Electrical Machinery Co., Ltd., whose vision and operations are beyond present time. The company has not only become a leading brand of auxiliary equipment, but also a benchmark of successful legacy to the next-generation industrial sector. This issue also looks at how the automotive industry has partnered with well-known technology companies and high-performance materials manufacturers in order to deliver the most advanced and sustainable vehicle
- International Plastics News for Asia - February 2019-2
- The first issue is always an optimistic opening – and in this issue, we made some changes that are geared to offer our readers with more technical information and insights into a dynamic industry. There are new sections, some old ones are gone. But in general, these changes will continue to focus more on how we can fully maximise the multimedia channels to disseminate industry trends. We have two interviews in this issue, one with leading manufacturer of plastic film for the pharmaceutical films in India; and another one with subsidiary of a global company offering production systems for packaging based in the Philippines. Both interviews reflect how the packaging industry will continue to embrace the latest technologies despite the regulations and standards being more stringent.
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2018-12
- Outlook 2019 is a Special Report that is included in the last issue of the year,and in this issue,we had the opportunity to select and interview representatives from the plastics industry’s leading players that provide advanced technologies, high-performance materials, and consumer products.Their insights on the direction the industry is taking,plus upcoming plans are worth noting given the many challenges that the industry faces. Also in this issue, a Feature on the A Global Commitment to eliminate plastic waste and pollution at source has been included. This Global Commitment has been signed by 290+ organisations, representing 20% of all plastic packaging produced globally - a clear indication that stakeholders are realising that actions are needed to minimise pollution caused by plastic waste. I attended the Plastics and Rubber Indonesia 2018 and noticed how the exhibition is getting bigger each year. There are many companies who are already actively engaged in the Indonesian market, while others are in the process of exploring a market that offers new opport
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-10
- The quest for sustainable solutions in plastics production goes beyond finding the right materials that are environment-friendly. This has been the message of the Innovation Takes Root 2018, a conference on advanced biomaterials that I attended Many issues were raised during the conference - from the physical properties of biomaterials to processing techniques, and lastly, on recycling and composting options. As we talk about recycling, recent developments paved the way for new recycling machines that are able to process and re-process waste composed of various materials. One example is a machine capable of processing mixed textile waste of multi-material composition. New medical-grade compounds that are flexible over a wide range of temperatures and with weldable and heat-sealable properties are becoming ideal option for tubings. Meanwhile, cost effective pigment solutions that fulfils US and Europe compliance regulations are giving more attractive colours to latex gloves.
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.