Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2019-4
- CHINAPLAS remains Asia’s top exhibition for the plastics and rubber industry. The exhibition has grown tremendously over the years – in both size and scope. Many international players join this exhibition, which has become the gateway to Asia’s highly dynamic industrial sector. And this year, Ringier Trade Media continues its tradition of releasing a special supplement where we provide the highlights of the exhibition plus information on the exhibitors and their products. There is no doubt that an innovator in this industry needs to have a clear vision on the direction it will take. In this issue, we feature Yann Bang Electrical Machinery Co., Ltd., whose vision and operations are beyond present time. The company has not only become a leading brand of auxiliary equipment, but also a benchmark of successful legacy to the next-generation industrial sector. This issue also looks at how the automotive industry has partnered with well-known technology companies and high-performance materials manufacturers in order to deliver the most advanced and sustainable vehicle
- International Plastics News for Asia - February 2019-2
- The first issue is always an optimistic opening – and in this issue, we made some changes that are geared to offer our readers with more technical information and insights into a dynamic industry. There are new sections, some old ones are gone. But in general, these changes will continue to focus more on how we can fully maximise the multimedia channels to disseminate industry trends. We have two interviews in this issue, one with leading manufacturer of plastic film for the pharmaceutical films in India; and another one with subsidiary of a global company offering production systems for packaging based in the Philippines. Both interviews reflect how the packaging industry will continue to embrace the latest technologies despite the regulations and standards being more stringent.
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2018-12
- Outlook 2019 is a Special Report that is included in the last issue of the year,and in this issue,we had the opportunity to select and interview representatives from the plastics industry’s leading players that provide advanced technologies, high-performance materials, and consumer products.Their insights on the direction the industry is taking,plus upcoming plans are worth noting given the many challenges that the industry faces. Also in this issue, a Feature on the A Global Commitment to eliminate plastic waste and pollution at source has been included. This Global Commitment has been signed by 290+ organisations, representing 20% of all plastic packaging produced globally - a clear indication that stakeholders are realising that actions are needed to minimise pollution caused by plastic waste. I attended the Plastics and Rubber Indonesia 2018 and noticed how the exhibition is getting bigger each year. There are many companies who are already actively engaged in the Indonesian market, while others are in the process of exploring a market that offers new opport
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-10
- The quest for sustainable solutions in plastics production goes beyond finding the right materials that are environment-friendly. This has been the message of the Innovation Takes Root 2018, a conference on advanced biomaterials that I attended Many issues were raised during the conference - from the physical properties of biomaterials to processing techniques, and lastly, on recycling and composting options. As we talk about recycling, recent developments paved the way for new recycling machines that are able to process and re-process waste composed of various materials. One example is a machine capable of processing mixed textile waste of multi-material composition. New medical-grade compounds that are flexible over a wide range of temperatures and with weldable and heat-sealable properties are becoming ideal option for tubings. Meanwhile, cost effective pigment solutions that fulfils US and Europe compliance regulations are giving more attractive colours to latex gloves.
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2018-8
- Taiwan has gained an enviable position as one of the world’s leading suppliers of plastics machinery with many of the local manufacturers now aggressively moving forward in the global market. This is not surprising as many Taiwanese companies have spent years of painstaking work and huge investments poured into R&D to develop products meeting international standards. This issue focuses on TaipeiPLAS 2018, which serves as a showcase of the best in Taiwan industrial sector. The supplement on this major exhibition provides an overview on the highlights and products on exhibit. With IML now becoming more advanced, complex packaging designs can be achieved to ensure that food and other sensitive products are guaranteed fresh without sacrificing on the quality and aesthetic appeal. At the ENGEL Forum in Linz, Austria, the ENGEL Group has shown how the digital transformation is guiding its inject 4.0 into a new dimension and how this can ultimately optimise customer’s competitiveness and manage complex requirements by offering assistance systems.
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2018-6
- Asia now serves as an ideal location to a growing number of research centres that are engaged in developing applications for specific products, in particular, raw materials and compounds. One company that has joined the flock is Evonik, with the opening of its research hub in Singapore for functional coatings, 3D printing and tissue engineering. Another major trade event is featured in this issue – InterPlas Thailand 2018. As part of Thailand’s Manufacturing Expo, InterPlas Thailand has become a one-stop exhibition for ASEAN manufacturers as it caters not only to plastics, but also other fast-rising industries. Colour management is not as simple as it seems as today’s consumers are more demanding when it comes to buying products with aesthetic appeal. In this case, the contributions of colour measurement tools have become more significant in the bid to cut costs and achieve production efficiency.
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2018-4
- Two major exhibitions – NPE 2018 and CHINAPLAS 2018 – are covered in this issue. The back-to-back Special Supplements on these trade shows are aimed at promoting the products on exhibit and giving visitors a glimpse on the highlights as well as relevant industry trends. Aside from the print version, these key exhibitions are also online and can be found at www.industrysourcing.com/plastics where important developments and coverage are posted before, during and after the shows. Powerful machines are the vital to the move towards smart manufacturing. This issue looks into recently launched injection moulding machines that promise high efficiency and many other possibilities. When it comes to raw materials, the developments in the use of antimicrobials have taken a big leap in terms of ensuring safety and compliance to stringent standards. Many new compounds are being launched, which will definitely offer greater benefits to the medical sector.
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-2
- PLASTINDIA is geared as a world-class event with its transfer to a state-of-the-art exhibition venue. For the first time, we carry a Special Supplement on this fast-growing trade event where we present the show’s highlights, the products on exhibit and exhibitors’ contact details. A mini-section on PLASTINDIA is also up on www.industrysourcing.com/plastics so you can get the latest news and coverage exhibition before, during and after the event. High-pressure resin transfer molding has become a suitable option in the production of lightweight components and complex parts. New developments will see this process getting more sophisticated and more responsive to market requirements. Many innovative materials and processing technologies are being developed in the automotive industry and these are worth being recognized in the light of the leading trends in transportation. This issue presents the winners of the recent award-giving body and their valuable contributions to the automotive sector.
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.