Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- Int'l Plastics News - Middle East 2012-3
- I was invited by LANXESS to attend the opening ceremonies of their newest production plant in Jhagadia, India. The facility marks the company’s commitment to produce high-tech plastics to meet the surging needs of fast-growing industries, one of them being automotive manufacturing. High-tech plastics have gone a long way - with the path moving towards green mobility. The goal of reducing carbon emission and alleviating the overall negative impact on the environment will guide more companies in the plastics and rubber industry to innovate in their production processes in the years to come. The thriving infrastructure sector in the Middle East has turned to geosynthetics as material of choice in major projects. In this aspect, engineers will play a key role in educating those in the sector on the advantages of using geosynthetics. The world’s No. 3 biggest trade exhibition and currently Asia’s leading show, CHINAPLAS, is scheduled to take place in April. This issue carries a Special Supplement with highlights of the show and a showcase on the products that will be e
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2012-2
- This issue contains a Special Supplement on NPE2012, North America’s leading exhibition for the plastics and rubber industry. In the previous edition in 2009, I had the chance to visit this event and witnessed the many innovations introduced by companies engaged in plastics and rubber manufacturing, as well as related industries. I saw how the companies took advantage of recent developments in new resins and machinery to come up with breakthrough products and processes.This year the event will be bigger - in a new venue in Florida - with more services aimed at making the visitors and exhibitors make the most from their participation. Live demonstrations will be better and more diverse. In all these, companies from Asia are expected to be amongst the optimistic participants.Recycling has become a major concern in the plastics and rubber industry today. Advanced recycling systems that promise low energy consumption and minimal maintenance are in high demand. We expect to see more of these new recycling solutions and their benefits to processors.I was invited to join
- Africa Industrial Reporter 2012-2
- Hello Africa! I am happy and honored to bring you a new media platform that enables the leaders that shape the future of industry in Africa to communicate with their markets. Africa Industrial Reporter trade magazine is designed to support the development of African industry and trade between Africa and the world. The magazine is created to help industry, distributors, dealers, traders, and wholesalers in Africa locate suitable industrial products and suppliers from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Europe, and North America. Africa has developed an established, diversified manufacturing base and rapidly developing infrastructure that has shown its resilience and potential to compete in the global economy. As a market, the continent provides rich rewards to those manufacturers who invest early and develop the market, establish distribution channels and trading partners. Your industrial machinery, materials and equipment is in demand in Africa. The African continent is a major importer of construction and industrial equipment including valves pumps, water filtration and tr
- Int'l Plastics News - Middle East 2012-1
- Last month, Ringier Trade Media introduced the first mobile app for sourcing industrial machinery, tools and materials across 20 key industries from the world's leading sources of such products. Envisioned to be the mobile tool box for every industrial trader, Ringier's "Industry Sourcing" App serves as a portable, daily updated source of industrial product and company information and news extracted directly from www.industrysourcing.com - the leading online industry trade marketplace of manufacturers doing business with the Middle East, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South East Asia, and Africa. This followed a successful introduction of the Ringier Apps on iPhone and iPad - IndustryMags. With the availability of such information on today's gadgets, buyers are assured of getting the information they need faster and easier, and in a format that is in step with current trends. This issue also brings into focus the latest recycling equipment. With the thrust towards environment protection, the Middle East region has been keeping up with global efforts to recycle. In this
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2011-12
- The year is about to close and so we gathered the insights of industry experts on what they perceive are the factors that would affect the plastics and related industries in the Asia Pacific region, as well as the emerging trends that should be noted in planning a business operation in the region. Recent developments point towards achieving sustainability as companies in the consumer electronics sector recognise the need to replace conventional plastic with bioplastics. Such preference to use biodegradable material will intensify in the coming years and we plan to feature more of them in future issues. For the second time, we covered the JEC Asia Composites Show and Conferences held annually i n Singapore. This year, we saw increased participation with exhibitors offering a larger range of composites materials and their applications.
- Int'l Plastics News - Middle East 2011-11
- This issue carries the Outlook 2012, a special report that aims to provide readers with insights on industry developments and how they will impact plastics and rubber production in 2012. In the report, we looked at the forecasts presented by various organisations and we also interviewed industry players. The interviewees were asked on the factors that would affect the industry in 2012 and how these factors would influence the products they will release and plans for 2012. For many of our readers, Outlook 2012 has served as guide to how they will plan for the coming year. It also provides them with an idea on how big players react to various factors that affect doing business, and the strategies they implement to survive a highly competitive environment. Another feature is the Special Supplement for Saudi Plastics & Petrochem 2011. With Saudi Arabia playing an all-important role in the region's economic growth, this event is worth checking out. The tradeshow will see the launch of brand-new products, services and concepts as the event complements the robust growt
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2011-10
- This issue carries a Special Supplement on Malaysia's biggest exhibition for the plastics and rubber industry, M-Plas 2011. The show serves as an ideal venue to gain entry into Malaysia's various industries that depend on plastics and rubber. With Malaysia retaining its competitiveness as manufacturing location for many businesses, the show will definitely be a well-attended event in the region. Another show, TIPREX 2011, was also featured in this issue with interviews from some exhibitors. These companies brought their products to Thailand and they remain optimistic on the country's special place as industrial haven. According to a report released by Rexam, the global market for consumer packaging in 2010 was valued at just over $395 billion and long term growth is expected to reach 3% annually to hit $456 billion in 2015. Energy management has become a global concern and companies are now taking energy conservation seriously into their operations. Recently, ISO 50001 was launched to provide organisations and companies with technical and manageme
- Int'l Plastics News - Middle East 2011-9
- The packaging industry in the Middle East is a major contributor to industrial production and being such, it has been the target of innovations. In this issue, we look at how in-mould labelling technique has improved through new machines provided by leading companies. Another area that has received much attention is the production of consumer electronics. With the availability of biodegradable materials, electronics companies are now coming out with eco-friendly products. A substantial proportion of global LDPE supply is expected to come from the Middle East region in the short to medium term. Big players in the petrochemical industry are pouring huge investments into improving production capacity and efficiency and this will ensure stable supply of raw materials to support production of plastic products. This issue also carries a report on the new ISO 50001 which is being promoted for effective energy management. This standard aims to institute substantial improvements in energy efficiency with positive financial impacts.
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.