Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-9
- Global warming has become an urgent concern forcing countries around the world to face the consequence of many years of neglect and disregard for the environment. Many initiatives have been undertaken to alleviate the grave impact of industrial production on the environment. Proper recycling is one of them, another is the use of alternative materials that are environment-friendly. A new ISO International Standard has been released to assist the emerging worldwide market for plastic recovery and recycling. ISO 15270:2008 has been developed to assist all plastics industry stakeholders in the development of a sustainable global infrastructure for plastics recovery and recycling, and a sustainable market for recovered plastics materials and their derived manufactured products. For alternative materials, EcoInnovAsia 2008 (Thailand) is one event that will surely provide an interesting and highly informative venue to introduce innovations on biofuel and bioplastics. This event incorporates a conference with over 20 presentations from well-known companies and industr
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-7
- Trade shows in Southeast Asia have been attracting tremendous interest as manifested by the growing number of exhibitors who are eager to show off their products, and by the increasing number of professionals who make sure to put these events in their travel calendar. I had the opportunity to attend the AseanPlas in Singapore this year and was witness to the most advanced technologies and solutions available to the plastics industry today. These technologies are undeniably a manufacturer抯 tool to achieve higher productivity, improved efficiency and enhanced product quality. At the InterPlas Thailand, I saw how exhibitors gave importance to the Southeast Asian market. Undeterred by the global economic slowdown that has somewhat affected the region, this bigger edition with around 800 exhibitors occupying a huge exhibition venue reflected the confidence of businesses from various parts of the world on Southeast Asia and its emerging industries. The Boardroom Connection in this issue traces the history of a pioneer. From tin can manufacturing, the company made t
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-5
- ASEANPLAS returns to Singapore this month. A major event for the S.E. Asian plastics industry, this international trade fair promises visitors a host of new technologies and solutions from 200 exhibitors. Touted as the region抯 largest and most dedicated platform for the plastics and rubber industries, the show is a must-see given the product range and additional attractions. Indeed, S.E.Asian trade shows are getting bigger and better, and this reflects the continued confidence on the region抯 fastgrowing industries. We take a look at Thailand in this issue. The country is the venue of another important trade show, the InterPlas Thailand 2008. Political issues failed to dampen business confidence as its industries continue to move ahead. The current focus on core industries, which include plastics manufacturing, underscores the Thai government抯 emphasis on pushing economic growth. This issue抯 Boardroom Connection features a company in Singapore. In such a highly competitive environment, the name of the game goes beyond production capacity. A winning formula combin
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-3
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-1
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.