PET expert sees circular economy and recycling trends steering packaging sector
- International Plastics News, Middle East & Africa 2015-1
- This year opens with a major trade show in Dubai – Arabplast 2015. The show has gained tremendous following, both from exhibitors and visitors, who flock to the show every edition to check out the products on exhibit and obtain valuable information on processing technologies, new materials and other products and service. In this issue, we have a Special Supplement on Arabplast which includes the show’s highlights and products on exhibit. With the UAE becoming an important plastics hub in the Middle East, this year is expected to see a lot of active participation and business deals at the show. Many thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) available today offer processors the perfect combination of properties of plastics and elastomers, which significantly improves product design and development. With a lot of companies now looking for special properties to enhance their finished products, we expect to see further improvement in new TPEs that will be launched in the future.
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2014-12
- Every last issue of the year, we provide our readers with the Outlook Report, a special article where we gather the insights of industry experts on the trends and developments in the plastics and rubber industry in the Asia Pacific region. In this issue’s Outlook 2015, we selected and invited companies that have made their mark in the industry through their innovative products and how these products would respond to the specific market demands in the coming year and beyond. I always look forward to getting the responses because they make some very interesting assessment of the industry, on emerging applications and overall global trends. The TaipeiPLAS 2014 post-show review is also included in this issue. Technology-driven, the show is always a well-attended event and reflects the growing strength of Taiwan’s plastics machinery industry. The latest high performance materials are finding their way in the sporting goods sector as material researchers and sports shoe developers work closely together to transform latest scientific findings into products that can ai
- International Plastics News, Middle East & Africa 2014-11
- This is a very important issue as we bring you the Outlook 2015, a special report that provides the trends and forecast on the plastics and rubber industry in the Middle East and African regions. In this special report, we selected and invited companies that have made their mark in the industry through their innovative products and how these products would respond to the trends and developments in the coming year and beyond. I always look forward to getting the responses from companies and learning from the insights of industry experts. The TaipeiPLAS 2014 post-show review is also included in this issue. The show had a successful edition and reflected the growing strength of Taiwan's plastics machinery industry. Thermoforming machines today provide special packaging products with the necessary features that make them functional and attractive at the same time. The integration of IML in the line to decorate packaging in the thermoforming process has created multiple benefits to packaging manufacturers.
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2014-10
- In this issue, we featured the winners of the 2014 Ringier Technology Innovation Awards for the Plastics Industry. This annual award has gathered many entries from both local and international companies operating in China. This year, Ringier Trade Media Ltd. recognised the innovations of 35 companies in various segments of the plastics industry. Automation has become a common goal amongst companies who aim to carry on fast-paced and high volume production. The special report focuses on robotic solutions, and how newly launched robots are helping create a truly efficient and highly productive operation. This issue also carries two local supplements – the Vietnam Supplement and Indonesia (Bahasa) Supplement. These local supplements are part of our commitment to provide valuable information to local companies in the ASEAN region and create a strong network of information exchange to spur growth in the plastics and rubber industry.October 2014 - Indonesian SupplementOctober 2014 - Vietnamese Supplement
- International Plastics News, Middle East & Africa 2014-9
- In this issue, we had the chance to interview a leading company in South Africa. Like many major players in the industry, this company has launched numerous products with sustainability in mind. Its commitment to reduce plastics in landfills has become a priority influencing the development of new packaging for consumer products. The TaipeiPLAS 2014 Special Supplement is Ringier Trade Media's way of letting our readers be aware of the products that will be on exhibit before they attend the trade show. In this issue, we present the highlights of the exhibition, plus the latest products that will surely capture the interest of visitors. X-ray technology for composites pipes production can go a long way to improve the quality of the final product. In this issue, we stressed the many advantages of an effective X-ray technology in ensuring smooth production process to turn excellent product quality.
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2014-8
- In this issue, we recognised the accomplishments of many Taiwan companies engaged in the plastics and rubber manufacturing. They have contributed much through their continuous commitment to innovate and bring about improvements in their products. The Special Supplement on TaipeiPLS has been a tradition for Ringier Trade Media Ltd as we aim to give our readers a glimpse of the products that will be exhibited, the market trends and highlights of major exhibitions in the region. Many developments in IML have let to better looking packaging. In this issue, we see the value of new IML techniques and how these affect the overall appearance of product packaging.
- International Plastics News, Middle East & Africa 2014-7
- Three major exhibitions were featured in this issue – Plastivision Arabia, Chinaplas and interpack. The coverage of these important trade events forms part of Ringier Trade Media’s goal of providing our readers with relevant information on the new technologies and materials launched in different markets across the globe. Solar energy is one growing industry that requires high performance plastics. As more countries in the Middle East and African regions acknowledge solar energy as a viable alternative to fossil fuels, the demand for new materials will definitely continue in the years to come. Many developments in injection moulding have contributed to improved productivity, cost-efficiency and innovations. Multi-component systems are increasingly being preferred for complex applications.
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2014-6
- This year’s CHINAPLAS has exceeded previous records. It is not surprising as this year’s edition brought more advanced technologies, more high performance materials, and diverse products and services for Asia’s plastics and rubber industry. I had the chance to talk to many companies who gave very positive outlook for China’s growing industrial sector. They are also optimistic on other Asian economies – especially ASEAN – and look forward to the integration of the region into one single market next year. Another show to catch is InterPlas Thailand 2014 and in this issue, we have a special supplement on the show. Thailand may have been facing political challenges these days but the show will go on, as the country’s industries continue to move forward to take their special place in the global economy. There are many newly developed packaging products and film production has never been any better. We look at some recently launched films and how these comply with established standards in safety and protection.
GD Propack Co., Ltd., has decades of experience in injection molding services, as well as labeling and IML, according to Teerasate Charoenpoonsiri, General Manager.
At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.