Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Metalworking News for Asia - December 2016 2016-12
- Be sure to check out International Metalworking News for Asia’s December issue, which spotlights some of the interesting keynote speakers during the recent Solid Edge University in late October. Excellence and innovation in automotive technology was on display in the keynote presentations. From a young engineer who earned a placement at the Red Bull Formula 1 team, to a garage start up that now designs and manufacturers race winning off-road vehicles, to a company disrupting the traditional way that cars are designed and manufactured. And all using Solid Edge as a key tool in their success. Notable in the December issue is the Outlook Report 2017. Manufacturing is no longer simply about making physical products. The economics of production, and the economics of the supply chain have led to a fundamental shift in the way companies do business. Today, equipment manufacturers are facing another form of advancement—the rise of new digital industrial technology, referred to as Industry 4.0. But how do industry experts view the development of Industry 4.0, how do they
- International Plastics News for Asia 2016-12
- In this issue, we gathered the insights of industry experts on what they think will be the upcoming trends in the plastics and rubber industry in 2017 and the factors that would affect product development and business operations. All these insights are part of the Outlook 2017 Special Report that we release every last issue of the year. K 2016 remains the biggest event in the industry and this year’s edition surpassed all expectations in terms of exhibitors and visitors attendance, as well as the quality of products on exhibit. The RIngier Editorial team covered this important event , with its highlights and valuable feedback from exhibitors. Welding plastic materials and components is a complex task and the process requires accuracy and speed to achieve the desired results. Several new techniques were recently introduced that can improve the welding process for various types of plastic materials.
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-11
- WE’RE all interested in what’s new, so this issue brings you the latest products for the food and beverage industry. Among packaging innovations are a metal can design that allows users to fill dry products through the base of the can and seam on a non-easy-open end without having to make changes to the filling line; vacuum skin films for enhanced on-shelf presentation; and a continuous ink jet printing system for those that require only up to two lines of printed text, graphics and barcodes as well as images from 2mm to 12mm on their products. Snack manufacturers may be interested in a continuous potato chip fryer with several features including patented technology to ensure evenly fried potato slices. It also limits the formation of acrylamides and reduces the amount of rejects. For companies that process powders, consider the new vertical dryer claimed to reduce cycle times. We also feature hoists and cranes that can be used in dust-laden atmospheres or other explosion-hazardous areas such as the chemical manufacture and processing environments. Last but not le
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal - November 2016 2016-11
- For the outlook section this year, we deviate from the usual interviews with the industry’s leading companies, and get right into their new products to show you what’s new. After all, as experts, you already know the trends! So the outlook, packaging and processing sections of this issue will show you what’s out there this month. But FPMJ won’t be the same without its Q&As. We just had to know how Frédéric Théry, the new CEO for Asia Pacific at Veolia Water Technologies, is doing. We also interviewed Mandy Chen, Senior Sales Manager of TCI Co. Ltd, a contract manufacturer of dietary supplements, functional drinks and skincare in Taiwan. And in Indonesia, we spoke with Mia Aristanti, owner of an up-and-coming producer of premium breakfast cereal, Muesli & Me.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-10
- THE TALK everywhere in the industry is how to make food and beverage healthy. This is one reason the interest in yoghurt is also rising among Asian consumers in recent years. Although for many, it’s still an acquired taste and not what you’d commonly see at the breakfast table or snack list. Nonetheless, this dairy with its health benefits has made inroads into the market. How to extend quality of this product has been the issue among makers in the region. But from new packaging to ingredients, much has been made to ensure yoghurt stays fresh as it is transported to far places. In keeping flavor, color and texture intact, developments in ingredients help keep the overall quality of products. Positioning products as clean label on the other hand takes reformulation with more natural ingredients and choosing the right partners who can help you manage costs as well.
- International Plastics News for Asia - October issue 2016-10
- K 2016 remains the world’s biggest trade exhibition for the plastics industry. A venue where products and machines demonstrations are highly informative, the event will never disappoint buyers and professionals who are on the look out for the latest technologies and materials. This issue features a Special Supplement on K 2016, its highlights and the products on exhibit. For those wanting to check out for more news and coverage on this event, visit: www.industrysourcing.com/plastics. A product’s color plays an important factor in its overall appearance, and more often, a consumer’s buying decision is based on the product’s color. Hence, accuracy brought about by a color management solution is an essential tool in the plastics industry. Research opportunities for developing graphene-enhanced composites are as interesting as their outcome. The applications will significantly advance the market for nanocomposites, and yield ultra-light yet immensely tough material.
- International Metalworking News for Asia- October 2016 2016-10
- The October issue of International Metalworking News for Asia’s Enterprise Close-up leads off with Israel Gonzalez, Regional Director of Hypertherm Asia-Pacific titled, “Hypetherm: Shaping Possibility in Vietnam’s manufacturing industry.” He talked about the promising opportunities in the region, the state of the metalworking industry, its business and plans. This edition also includes two features focused on Metal Cutting. Patrick de Vos’s feature, titled “Evolution of chip thickness models for milling,” explores multiple factors that determine the results of metal cutting processes. Another Metal Cutting article, entitled “Portal machines for new business,” tells about a family-run company that started out with a used machine. Today, the company has several production halls with more than 100 highly qualified specialists, providing an integrated range of services, from sheet metal working to mechanical manufacturing. The October issue shows “How to achieve quality tool life in the 21st century.” Production engineers faced with overcoming the challenges of partin
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-9
- COMPANIES are getting ready for the MEASA’s key trade show, Gulfood Manufacturing taking place from 7-9 November 2016. This show attracts around 35,000 visitors from the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia, looking to upgrade processes for better cost efficiency and sustainability, and to taste the latest ingredients and additives for product development. About 1,500 local and international exhibitors will introduce their region-appropriate raw materials and ingredients, packaging equipment, and processing solutions. So, I take this opportunity to wish all participants the best at this event. In the pages of this September issue, you will find tried-and-tested packaging and processing solutions that will be showcased at the Gulfood event. Read about how these solutions have boosted the efficiency of their customers. We also feature technologies that will one day soon be ready to improve snack processing, food preparation, as well as quality testing (see research on p12 and quality & safety on p26), and new products and services to make your own business even
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.