Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-12
- THIS is the first December issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal and comes out only online. We hope you find inspiration in the story of Mr La Ty, whose love for gelato stirred him into building his own brand, La Pops, in Cambodia. While in the section on health and nutrition, we put together updates on products and scientific research, including updates on antioxidants. Also in this issue, we share three case studies – Bosch Packaging Technology on the biscuit industry in Germany; Renishaw on its vacuum casting technology; and Veolia on its waste water treatment technologies installed in the Ovaltine facility in Thailand. The Asia Food and Beverage Summit Last month, Ringier was in Indonesia for the 3rd Asia Food and Beverage Summit (October 31-November 1) at the JS Luwansa Hotel in Jakarta. As support to Ringier Events, a small team of hard-working colleagues, I am pulled in from day one to help see the project through well until the post-show reports are out. There’s a very long to-do list, and on the day of the event itself one can only hope that the
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-12
- It is clear; the market for connected equipment and devices will continue to grow. But, as product designers and engineers face the challenges of building smart products, they are realising they need faster, better, smarter tools with which to create them. Part of that solution is to use tools capable of bringing all the disparate processes onto a single, unified platform. Global high-tech companies are melding Industry 4.0, automation and big data to create metalworking equipment, tools and solutions that will build empires in the industrial manufacturing. They are developing healthy ecosystems that can carry their strategies and values far. Whatever the situation, Industry 4.0 is here, and manufacturers all over the world are doing their best to prepare. At this issue’s 2018 Outlook Report, industry leaders and senior executives share their views and initiatives on Industry 4.0, and the current and future of metalworking industry, as part of their overall efforts toward automation and big data in manufacturing. The adoption of Industry 4.0 is indeed a major d
- International Plastics News for Asia 2017-12
- This is the last issue for the year, and again, we are happy to present the special report – Outlook 2018 – a compilation of valuable insights from industry experts on what they perceive will be the trends and developments in the plastics and rubber industry in 2018. We also asked them what products they will highlight in 2018 and majority of them presented their product portfolio, all geared for plastics manufacturers wanting to achieve smart manufacturing. Recycling technologies have become more sophisticated, providing one-stop solutions to processors aiming for enhanced efficiency, energy saving and high product quality. And in this issue, we look at the latest additions to the range of recycling systems and how these value-added functions can benefit processors. Three trade exhibitions in Asia were covered by the Ringier Trade Media Editorial team – T-PLAS in Thailand, VietnamPlas in Vietnam, and ALLPACK in Indonesia. Read our post-show reports to learn the interesting insights from these shows’ exhibitors. As the year 2017 ends, there is much optimism i
- Reinforced Plastics China 2017-11
- International Composites News for China (RPC), in a strategic editorial partnership with a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been the leading media for the China composites industry for the past 12 years. The quarterly print and digital magazines, along with a dedicated vertical, bi-weekly e-newsletters, and magazine apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play, are source of up-to-date reports on machinery as well as process technologies, R&D, industry trends and market developments. For materials and machinery suppliers, International Composites News for China is an effective interactive platform which provides the latest information on their products and services to decision makers in commercial R&D, composite parts makers and end users in China. Through a dedicated Plastics vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events - including live updates from trade shows as they happen - to keep the industry informed. Bi-weekly E-newsletters featuring headli
- Automotive Manufacturing and Design for China 2017-11
- Ringier's Automotive Manufacturing & Design for China, in an editorial partnership with Germany's Automotive Electronics & Systems by Hanser, Auto Monitor in India, and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been serving China's automotive industry for more than seven years. As the leading media in China, the magazine is not only the definitive source for information on processing technologies, manufacturing solutions, material innovations, electronic systems and design concepts for both manufacturers and design houses in the automotive industry, but also provides comprehensive content through its multimedia products. These include a vertical site dedicated to the automotive industry, e-magazines, bi-weekly e-newsletters and mobile apps for both iPad/iPhone and Android devices. With such an interactive platform and high-quality content, Automotive Manufacturing & Design for China offers the most effective communication package for the machinery, materials, software and electronics suppliers to the OEMs and tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers in the auto
- Aerospace Manufacturing and Design China 2017-11
- Aerospace Manufacturing and Design China (AMDC), in a strategic editorial partnership with GIE Media's Aerospace Manufacturing and Design and a team of authoritative editorial advisers in China, is published four times a year. AMDC has been providing the latest information on industry developments and technology innovations for China's aviation parts and components manufacturers, designers, engineers, aircraft builders and decision makers. For suppliers, AMDC is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services in print and digital formats as well as interactive magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play. This interactive platform provides comprehensive content, including manufacturing & processing technologies, equipments, inspection & assembly, design & development of aircraft and aerospace components, materials, production processes as well as avionics. Through a dedicated Aerospace Manufacturing & Design vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features
- Nonwovens Industry China 2017-11
- Nonwovens Industry China, in a strategic editorial partnership with the world's leading information provider, Nonwovens Industry, and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been providing in depth coverage of latest technologies, industry trends, solutions and applications for the nonwovens industry for the past 12 years. Nonwovens Industry China not only provides timely essential content on industry activities and trends, raw materials, processing & converting machinery, market information and related regulations, but presents these through multimedia channels including include e-magazines, a Nonwovens web site with daily updates and online exclusives, bi-weekly e-newsletters as well as interactive apps on iTunes and Google Play with video links. With our digital and printed content, our readers can stay ahead of their competition. This multimedia platform also offers the most effective communication package for suppliers of raw materials, additives, roll goods, testing and measuring equipment, and processing equipment to the roll goods and nonw
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-11
- IF YOU’RE watching the trends over the past few years, you’re likely to see how the food and beverage industry has transformed because consumers are learning to be more vocal about their preferences. They’re expressing their opinion about anything from flavors to concern for environment to illegal practices, and issues that raise questions about the ways of the industry. It’s also easy to track what they’re purchasing and eating. What does it all mean for you as a food/beverage manufacturer? You certainly invest in R&D to address the issues that affect your brand. You innovate to make your product food-safe, nature-friendly, sustainable, and healthy for consumers. You acquire another company to increase your capability. Whatever the strategy is, you depend on processing and packaging equipment or products to help you create the ideal product using the most cost-efficient means. The good news is there’s always a processing or packaging solution that will fit your needs even as your needs quickly change. In this issue, let’s explore some of the newer solutions.
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.