Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Composites News for China 2019-9
- International Composites News for China (RPC), in a strategic editorial partnership with a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been the leading media for the China composites industry for the past 12 years. The quarterly print and digital magazines, along with a dedicated vertical, bi-weekly e-newsletters, and magazine apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play, are source of up-to-date reports on machinery as well as process technologies, R&D, industry trends and market developments. For materials and machinery suppliers, International Composites News for China is an effective interactive platform which provides the latest information on their products and services to decision makers in commercial R&D, composite parts makers and end users in China. Through a dedicated Plastics vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features, videos and reports on major industry events - including live updates from trade shows as they happen - to keep the industry informed. Bi-weekly E-newsletters featuring headli
- International Metalworking News for Asia- August 2019 2019-08
- Over the years, technology has assisted with enhancing productivity across manufacturing supply chains to lower costs and improve profit margins and customer satisfaction. The increased usage of smart devices has granted organisations real-time, on-demand visibility of mission critical data for issue containment and to reduce cost risks and improve delivery to customers. While technology has improved the efficiency of manufacturing operations, companies are working to address the challenges of creating and implementing policies that support a safe and productive environment. Bystronic hosted Competence Days 2019 at the company’s headquarters in Niederönz, Switzerland. The event reflects Bystronic’s competitive advantage in the fields of laser cutting, bending, automation, and software. IMNA attended the event and witnessed exactly how the company not only presented machines but also vision and concepts for the future. Experts from the company discussed ways they could be the best partner, and how Bystronic sheet metal processing technologies support customers to b
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2019-8
- The use of recycled materials, in particular rPET, has gained popularity in the Asian region. In this issue, we talked to a leading manufacturer of PET recycling systems and his customer, to determine how their recycling is reshaping the food packaging sector. Preform moulding solutions are now capable of meeting the most challenging tasks through enhanced machine performance that can cut down production costs. In this issue, a next-generation preform moulding system has been introduced. The new system features significant technology improvements aimed at delivering better energy savings, system reliability, preform quality and user friendliness. With PVC as preferred material for many products, an innovative renewable plasticiser is now available to provide flexibility power to PVC. Based on a significantly lower carbon footprint compared with competing materials and technologies, the plasticiser is expected to produce a more appealing variant of PVC products. This issue’s Special Report looks at the ASEAN plastics industry and its strengths. There is no denying
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal -July 2019 2019-07
- You have heard it, and you will hear it over and over – the call for sustainable production, use, and disposal of plastics, and the importance of working together to achieve the goal of reduced plastic waste. We are knee-deep in plastic waste. Consider the statistics from the UN Environment: o 8.3 billion tonnes of plastic have been produced, using 17 million barrels of oil each year o 1 million plastic bottles, 10 million plastic bags are bought every minute o 50% of consumer plastics are single use, and 10% of all human-generated waste is plastic o 80% remains in landfills or the environment See more statistics in the article, Cohesive approach to solving the plastics waste problem on page 18. Meanwhile, the development of better materials such as 100% recyclable food-grade plastics are long-awaited. Recent products include Propafilm™ Strata SL from Innovia, and from Mondi a fully-recyclable polypropylene film for MAP and vacuum packaging. The technology to recycle PET into food-grade plastics is vital in the drive to reduce waste. In this issue we feature Ch
- International Plastics News for Asia - June 2019-6
- There is no denying that CHINAPLAS has got what it takes to be the world’s biggest exhibition for the plastics industry. Each year, this exhibition grows in size and scale, not to mention in terms of identifying the trends – both present and future – in this dynamic industry. I’m sure many visitors were not disappointed with this visit as each year, many changes take place in this event. This issue carries a Special Supplement of another major exhibition in Asia – InterPlas Thailand. Part of the bigger Manufacturing Expo, this annual plastics trade show has been bringing Southeast Asian manufacturers closer to seeing the latest technologies and performance materials that could benefit their production operations. Vietnam has a fast-growing food and beverage industry, and opportunities are enormous for those providing packaging-related machinery, materials and products. Ringier Events launched its first summit on food and beverage packaging in Vietnam, which was a success.
- International Metalworking News for Asia- June 2019 2019-06
- Be sure to check out the June issue of International Metalworking News for Asia magazine, which spotlights some of the powerful new capabilities highlighted at the Grinding Symposium last month in which we were invited to participate and cover. Our lead feature, Malaysia step up to more advanced technologies, details the interview of Norbert Seo, Bystronic Senior Vice President Market Division Asia and Australia, in which he shared his thoughts regarding Malaysia’s potential especially in terms of high level technology. Norbert revealed the manufacturing sector in Malaysia continues to adopt new technologies to help increase visibility in both production and process. Having more quality in both areas through technology drives better value control, such as fewer defects and overall business efficiency. Also highlighted in this issue: Solution Sneak Peaks at HxGN LOCAL in Bangkok. Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division hosted the inaugural HxGN LOCAL MANUFACTURING ASIA event at the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel, Thailand. The premier cross-ind
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2019-06
- IT IS EASIER to find new machines and solutions these days and to create new business relationships. The growing number of F&B-related trade events and conferences taking place in Asia make it convenient for manufacturers to stay updated with industry issues, to evaluate products, and to meet with company representatives face-to-face. Through its series of conferences, Ringier aims to offer the same to companies with interest in the ASEAN F&B sector. From May 7-8, it successfully launched the first Asia Manufacturing: Food, Beverages & Packaging Summit in Ho Chi Minh City attended by 180 participants. I had the privilege of hosting this conference, the highlights of which are shared on pages 44-46. Then Ringier returns to Jakarta on August 27-28 for its 5th Asia Food and Beverage Manufacturing Summit, and to Manila on Sept 9-10 for the 2nd Asia Plastics Applications in Packaging Summit. You will find more information on these and other conferences on: http://www.ringierevents.com/conferences. This month, Ringier/FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal also looks forwa
- Restaurateur 2019-5
- Since 2007, Restaurateur has been providing an interactive platform for our readers: the decision makers in HORECA industry. As the leading media for the China HORECA industry, Restaurateur is not only able to provide in-depth coverage ranging from latest information to emerging market trends, updates on recipe, equipment, technology, as well as design and management, but also presents its comprehensive content through multimedia. These include e-magazines, a HORECA industry web site with daily updates and online exclusives, weekly e-newsletters and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. In 2015, more content will be delivered via mobile and social media to meet the media consuming needs of the industry - in art via a weekly e-newsletter "the Weekly Special". In 2014, the cooking show section - "Magic Recipe" was launched to feature celebrity chefs to demonstrate how to cook their "hot" dishes. By utilizing excellent photography, selective features and creative culinary themes and with such current, informative and attract
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.