At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- Nonwovens Industry China 2018-10
- Nonwovens Industry China, in a strategic editorial partnership with the world's leading information provider, Nonwovens Industry, and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been providing in depth coverage of latest technologies, industry trends, solutions and applications for the nonwovens industry for the past 12 years. Nonwovens Industry China not only provides timely essential content on industry activities and trends, raw materials, processing & converting machinery, market information and related regulations, but presents these through multimedia channels including include e-magazines, a Nonwovens web site with daily updates and online exclusives, bi-weekly e-newsletters as well as interactive apps on iTunes and Google Play with video links. With our digital and printed content, our readers can stay ahead of their competition. This multimedia platform also offers the most effective communication package for suppliers of raw materials, additives, roll goods, testing and measuring equipment, and processing equipment to the roll goods and nonw
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-10
- The quest for sustainable solutions in plastics production goes beyond finding the right materials that are environment-friendly. This has been the message of the Innovation Takes Root 2018, a conference on advanced biomaterials that I attended Many issues were raised during the conference - from the physical properties of biomaterials to processing techniques, and lastly, on recycling and composting options. As we talk about recycling, recent developments paved the way for new recycling machines that are able to process and re-process waste composed of various materials. One example is a machine capable of processing mixed textile waste of multi-material composition. New medical-grade compounds that are flexible over a wide range of temperatures and with weldable and heat-sealable properties are becoming ideal option for tubings. Meanwhile, cost effective pigment solutions that fulfils US and Europe compliance regulations are giving more attractive colours to latex gloves.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-10
- Is it possible to innovate without boundaries? October cover story welcomes the age of ubiquitous innovation. Siemens President and CEO Tony Hemmelgarn explained the transformative business value of the digital enterprise that can only be realised by dissolving the boundaries between people, processes and applications. The company is integrating software applications into new solutions that reflect and support customers’ pursuit of more ubiquitous innovation. The recently concluded International Metalworking Philippines 2018 received an overwhelming responses from the international exhibitors. More than 85% of exhibitors are foreign companies, and 24% of these exhibitors are exhibiting in the Philippines for the very first time. Also in this issue, automation systems for tube processing have repeatedly been a subject in many discussions. At present it is fair to expect that the mechanical engineering sector will have to consolidate after a period of strong demand. The trend towards adopting automation techniques will continue and more strongly so. Metal Cuttin
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-09
- RINGIER starts the month with the Asia Food and Beverage Summit scheduled from 4-5 September 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Every year for the past four years, our company has been holding the event for members of the food and beverage industry in Southeast Asia. We have welcomed up to 200 delegates each time, so it is definitely an excellent networking opportunity as it is an excellent two days to sit back and listen to resource speakers refresh your knowledge of food safety, sustainability, innovation management, blockchain, processing technologies, and ingredient applications. A speaker at this event is Massimo Reverberi who founded Bugsolutely, one of several companies now incorporating edible insect powder in convenience foods such as pasta and snack foods. Crickets and silkworms, yes, they are the future of food, sustainable and high in nutritive value. Know more about these on page 6. This issue also brings interesting inputs from Kerry and Döhler on what’s trending in flavours and aromas. AAK shares an article on confectionery filling fats as well. The brewin
- Sensors China 2018-9
- Sensors China unites authoritative editorial advisors and industry associations, and sources the most comprehensive information from the worldwide sensor field, covering the latest product releases, technical information, market trend reports, as well as application and case studies, annual Outlook for sensor industry. For the past 9 year, Sensors China provides professional readers with a bi-monthly print magazine and digital e-magazine, bi-weekly E-newsletter, plus Mobile Apps, and helps them improve productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Our readers are qualified and registered designers, R&D staff and application/ manufacturing/ maintenance engineers who test, evaluate and integrate sensors and other electronic components into processing systems, products, machinery at plants. Sensorschina.net, a bilingual (Chinese and English) sensor industry website with daily updates and online exclusives, aims to be the first contact for engineers looking to find sensor and measuring technology, also sets up online trading platfo
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2018-8
- Taiwan has gained an enviable position as one of the world’s leading suppliers of plastics machinery with many of the local manufacturers now aggressively moving forward in the global market. This is not surprising as many Taiwanese companies have spent years of painstaking work and huge investments poured into R&D to develop products meeting international standards. This issue focuses on TaipeiPLAS 2018, which serves as a showcase of the best in Taiwan industrial sector. The supplement on this major exhibition provides an overview on the highlights and products on exhibit. With IML now becoming more advanced, complex packaging designs can be achieved to ensure that food and other sensitive products are guaranteed fresh without sacrificing on the quality and aesthetic appeal. At the ENGEL Forum in Linz, Austria, the ENGEL Group has shown how the digital transformation is guiding its inject 4.0 into a new dimension and how this can ultimately optimise customer’s competitiveness and manage complex requirements by offering assistance systems.
- International Metalworking News for Asia August 2018 2018-08
- One of the benefits that we at International Metalworking News for Asia are proud to be able to offer readers is access to different platforms. You can read the magazine not only in print, but online through our website, industrysourcing.com. In this issue, Sandvik Coromant new president Nadine Crauwels sees the need to move quickly, be creative and to think outside the box in order to be successful. She says that new technology continually opens up new ways of providing value to customers. Meanwhile, Jesús de la Maza, president of Innovalia Group shared its vision about the current situation of industrial metrology. Many of the techniques that were made in the laboratories are being incorporated into the manufacturing process and this makes the industry begin to be more competitive. New cutting tools are continuously being added into the market, but what is the process to get a product from concept through to the spindle? Global manufacturer Dormer Pramet tasks its product management and development department with creating new tools every year. Another inter
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-07
- Health & nutrition: We're born with unique physical traits, mental abilities, even susceptibility to particular diseases and conditions based on our genetic makeup. The quality of nutrition that was afforded us from the moment of our conception right into later years of childhood has also partly shaped what we have become. In her article Keeping infants healthy, our correspondent Pearly Neo gathers scientific references examining the significance of early life nutrition on growth and development. She mentions how crucial it is to ensure that early life nutrition is given not only sufficient, but also educated and competent attention. Innovation: In the March 2018 issue, we published Innovation Management, an article written by Dr. Miflora Gatchalian of Quality Partners Inc. in the Philippines. This month, we give you the second installment to that report which focuses on how to stay competitive. Sustainability: Forum for the Future, a non-profit group helping organisations across the globe create a more sustainable future, published the The Feed Behind Our Food r
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.