Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-06
- Waste not THIS issue has many interesting news from processing and packaging companies. One that stands out is the case study shared by The Bühler Group on its role in helping Spanish olive processor Grupo Elayo develop a new healthy ingredient out of olive seeds. Talk about enterprising! Nothing should go to waste, right? And on that subject, we talked to Tetra Pak’s Jeff Fielkow, Cluster Leader Environment for South Asia, East Asia & Oceania, on the company’s recycling efforts in Asia. Just last month, the company also announced the launch of its first innovation center in the region! That of course is great news for food and beverage customers. Eau De Coco, a featured company in this issue uses Tetra Pak process technology for its coconut products. Read our exclusive interview with Martial Beck who is Director of Business Development. We also continue our reporting on automation and the Internet of Things on pages 32-35 focusing on traceability and food safety, with featured companies like Barilla and Muddy Boots, plus an article by Tom Egan, vice presiden
- Nonwovens Industry China 2017-6
- Nonwovens Industry China, in a strategic editorial partnership with the world's leading information provider, Nonwovens Industry, and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been providing in depth coverage of latest technologies, industry trends, solutions and applications for the nonwovens industry for the past 12 years. Nonwovens Industry China not only provides timely essential content on industry activities and trends, raw materials, processing & converting machinery, market information and related regulations, but presents these through multimedia channels including include e-magazines, a Nonwovens web site with daily updates and online exclusives, bi-weekly e-newsletters as well as interactive apps on iTunes and Google Play with video links. With our digital and printed content, our readers can stay ahead of their competition. This multimedia platform also offers the most effective communication package for suppliers of raw materials, additives, roll goods, testing and measuring equipment, and processing equipment to the roll goods and nonw
- Aerospace Manufacturing and Design China 2017-6
- Aerospace Manufacturing and Design China (AMDC), in a strategic editorial partnership with GIE Media's Aerospace Manufacturing and Design and a team of authoritative editorial advisers in China, is published four times a year. AMDC has been providing the latest information on industry developments and technology innovations for China's aviation parts and components manufacturers, designers, engineers, aircraft builders and decision makers. For suppliers, AMDC is an effective multimedia platform which provides the latest information on their products and services in print and digital formats as well as interactive magazine Apps with video links on iTunes and Google Play. This interactive platform provides comprehensive content, including manufacturing & processing technologies, equipments, inspection & assembly, design & development of aircraft and aerospace components, materials, production processes as well as avionics. Through a dedicated Aerospace Manufacturing & Design vertical, the industry community can find daily news updates and exclusive online features
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-05
- THE MAY issue brings special attention to innovations in packaging and processing, from our six-page coverage of interpack in Düsseldorf to a quick preview of ProPak Asia (and Thaifex) in Bangkok. When reporting on trade shows of this enormity, I am blown away by what seems like countless solutions available to the food and beverage companies, from diverse materials to entry level machinery and cutting-edge lines being presented as designs to boost productivity. And this year, interpack highlights continuing developments in Industry 4.0. While Industry 4.0 is not a new concept, many aspects of investment, application, and even security are unclear to users. There are many reasons for this, so we aim to shed more light on the technology and applications as these are launched. Our feature on smart manufacturing on p32 is a good start. But for all the sophistication that technology brings, interpack also reminds us of some realities – to adopt food-saving concepts. So, don’t miss SAVE FOOD! Also in this issue, are the latest food ingredients, and an exclusive report
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2017-4
- The buzzword now is smart manufacturing, and this trend has become the main highlight of many major exhibitions in Asia. At KOPLAS 2017, we witnessed the growing range of solutions to achieve smart manufacturing and digitalization as Asian suppliers compete side by side with European companies in this area. CHINAPLAS 2017 also focuses on smart manufacturing and this issue carries a Special Supplement on the exhibition’s main highlights with description on the products on exhibit and contact information of exhibitors. The broad range of products to meet the diverse needs of fast-growing applications is made more interesting by the promise of live demonstrations at the show floor. Polycarbonate has evolved into a material of choice for various applications. In this issue, we look at how Covestro has continued to develop material options that will stress the benefits of polycarbonate.
- IDN 2017-3
- International Mold & Die Making News for China, in a strategic editorial partnership with FORM + Werkzeug of Germany and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been the leading print magazine for the mold die making industry for 14 years. This specialist magazine is not only able to provide latest information and technologies to create high-end molds and set up process standards on mold production, but also presents its comprehensive content through a multimedia platform. These include e-magazines, a metalworking website (in both Chinese and English) with daily updates and online exclusives, monthly e-newsletters, and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. With such current, informative and attractive content in both digital and printed forms, International Mold & Die Making News for China offers the most effective communication package for mold & die makers improving productivity, reducing cost and turning innovations into real competitive advantages.
- International Metalworking News for Asia - April issue 2017-04
- Industry 4.0 is emerging a critical component to manufacturing competence, a trend that will further intensify in the coming years. Leading companies are appearing on the horizon with ideas that will change the face of the industry. Job shops in South East Asia’s developing economies are now starting to identify technologies that would complement their manufacturing businesses. Here at International Metalworking News for Asia, we strive to present technical articles, stories and products that can help expand outside traditional manufacturing. DMG Mori supports its customers on their path to consistent digitalisation based on the app-based control and operator system CELOS® with intelligent software solutions and a lot of digital products and services. By now every fourth machine is thanks to CELOS® compatible with the future. Find out what other products the company presented during its recent open house in this month’s Metal Cutting section. To remain competitive and profitable, shops continually seek the most economical and productive ways to accomplish the
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-03
- OUR boardroom connection interviewee is Cornelia Beau, managing director of Hainich, a Germany-based manufacturer of pickled products and sweet preserves. We met Ms Beau as she was sourcing machinery from Italy. From her we learn that Hainich products are very clean label, being produced traditionally. Manufacturers of baked goods and confectionery may already be aware of the product inspection technologies available to them, as well as why having the right conveying belt or system can help ensure the quality of breads, cookies, and chocolate. On page 22, Neil Giles of Mettler Toledo has something new on inspection systems; and on page 30, Flexco’s general manager, Southeast Asia, writes about keeping pace with this industry’s needs. Furthermore on food safety, and in particular ensuring halal authenticity, Vincent Lau of SCIEX explains the importance of using analytical tools to complement on-site inspection. Keeping you updated on dairy ingredients, Mervyn Gribben, general manager for Dairy & Nutrition, Asia Pacific, at Kerry and William Hui, Technical sales ma
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.