The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-11
- THE FORECASTS and projections are coming in. Mintel recently released a report on what it sees will be the top three trends for the next year and beyond – an assessment of how sustainability, health and wellness, and convenience continue to influence movements in the F&B industry. For those interested in U.S. retail, Whole Foods Market also came up with its top 10 F&B predictions. While you may already have your own expectations and plans, you would still be interested in consumer surveys and figures, and how the predictions will play out especially in Southeast Asia – and even how Asian foods are also influencing global cuisine. Whole Foods singles out longanisa, a pork sausage from the Philippines, as a product gaining more shelf space, along with products with tropical fruits like jackfruit and guava. Ingredients play a crucial part in upcoming trends as health becomes even more important to consumers. In this issue, read our features on the U.S. Export Dairy Council, Kerry, KH Roberts, and Wacker as they tackle ASEAN's needs. In the packaging sector, among th
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2018-12
- Outlook 2019 is a Special Report that is included in the last issue of the year,and in this issue,we had the opportunity to select and interview representatives from the plastics industry’s leading players that provide advanced technologies, high-performance materials, and consumer products.Their insights on the direction the industry is taking,plus upcoming plans are worth noting given the many challenges that the industry faces. Also in this issue, a Feature on the A Global Commitment to eliminate plastic waste and pollution at source has been included. This Global Commitment has been signed by 290+ organisations, representing 20% of all plastic packaging produced globally - a clear indication that stakeholders are realising that actions are needed to minimise pollution caused by plastic waste. I attended the Plastics and Rubber Indonesia 2018 and noticed how the exhibition is getting bigger each year. There are many companies who are already actively engaged in the Indonesian market, while others are in the process of exploring a market that offers new opport
- Int'l Metalworking News for Asia 2018-12
- The internet of things finding its way into factories has started a fourth industrial revolution. Future scenarios in practice often referred to under the heading“Industry 4.0” are characterised by highly individualised products in veryflexible manufacturing conditions.Schaeffler offers comprehensive solutions that are tailored to customer and market requirements that include intelligent solutions and optimised lifecycle costs. Find out more in Software & Control section. The recently concluded EuroBLECH 2018 has systematically drove forward the vision of “World Class Manufacturing,” and Bystronic has accompanied its customers step by step on the path to the smart factory.This issue's Enterprise Close-up features Hurco (S.E. Asia) Pte Ltd’s open house in Singapore. This open house comes on the heels of the company’s 50th anniversary celebration. General Manager Wai Yip Lee shares the company's resilience, innovation, and commitment to customer service, which remained at the forefront of the company’s goals. Additive manufacturing or 3D printing process is changi
- Food Manufacturing Journal – Middle East 2018-10
- COMPANIES are getting ready for Gulfood Manufacturing, which takes place from 6-8 November 2018. We have some of the products featured in this issue. On stand S3-E24, Hydrosol GmbH & Co. KG from Germany will be showcasing a diverse range of its ingredients including texturing agents. Palsgaard will be presenting the ability of its emulsifier and stabiliser solutions to enhance bakery, confectionery, and other food products. See them at S2-E5. Ingredion says its "Tour of Tasty Trends" on booth S2-D22 aims to teach companies how to overcome certain food processing challenges. Ishida’s equipment are ubiquitous at most events across the globe including Gulfood Manufacturing. The star of its exhibit this year is the Inspira, the fastest VFFS snacks bagmaker in the world. So you don’t want to miss it. GEA also showcases its wide range of advanced food processing equipment. This year, the company released a hygienic pressure pump for dairies. In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, GEA and Almarai Company built the largest and most modern dairy processing facility with produc
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-10
- The quest for sustainable solutions in plastics production goes beyond finding the right materials that are environment-friendly. This has been the message of the Innovation Takes Root 2018, a conference on advanced biomaterials that I attended Many issues were raised during the conference - from the physical properties of biomaterials to processing techniques, and lastly, on recycling and composting options. As we talk about recycling, recent developments paved the way for new recycling machines that are able to process and re-process waste composed of various materials. One example is a machine capable of processing mixed textile waste of multi-material composition. New medical-grade compounds that are flexible over a wide range of temperatures and with weldable and heat-sealable properties are becoming ideal option for tubings. Meanwhile, cost effective pigment solutions that fulfils US and Europe compliance regulations are giving more attractive colours to latex gloves.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-10
- Is it possible to innovate without boundaries? October cover story welcomes the age of ubiquitous innovation. Siemens President and CEO Tony Hemmelgarn explained the transformative business value of the digital enterprise that can only be realised by dissolving the boundaries between people, processes and applications. The company is integrating software applications into new solutions that reflect and support customers’ pursuit of more ubiquitous innovation. The recently concluded International Metalworking Philippines 2018 received an overwhelming responses from the international exhibitors. More than 85% of exhibitors are foreign companies, and 24% of these exhibitors are exhibiting in the Philippines for the very first time. Also in this issue, automation systems for tube processing have repeatedly been a subject in many discussions. At present it is fair to expect that the mechanical engineering sector will have to consolidate after a period of strong demand. The trend towards adopting automation techniques will continue and more strongly so. Metal Cuttin
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-09
- RINGIER starts the month with the Asia Food and Beverage Summit scheduled from 4-5 September 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Every year for the past four years, our company has been holding the event for members of the food and beverage industry in Southeast Asia. We have welcomed up to 200 delegates each time, so it is definitely an excellent networking opportunity as it is an excellent two days to sit back and listen to resource speakers refresh your knowledge of food safety, sustainability, innovation management, blockchain, processing technologies, and ingredient applications. A speaker at this event is Massimo Reverberi who founded Bugsolutely, one of several companies now incorporating edible insect powder in convenience foods such as pasta and snack foods. Crickets and silkworms, yes, they are the future of food, sustainable and high in nutritive value. Know more about these on page 6. This issue also brings interesting inputs from Kerry and Döhler on what’s trending in flavours and aromas. AAK shares an article on confectionery filling fats as well. The brewin
- Sensors China 2018-9
- Sensors China unites authoritative editorial advisors and industry associations, and sources the most comprehensive information from the worldwide sensor field, covering the latest product releases, technical information, market trend reports, as well as application and case studies, annual Outlook for sensor industry. For the past 9 year, Sensors China provides professional readers with a bi-monthly print magazine and digital e-magazine, bi-weekly E-newsletter, plus Mobile Apps, and helps them improve productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Our readers are qualified and registered designers, R&D staff and application/ manufacturing/ maintenance engineers who test, evaluate and integrate sensors and other electronic components into processing systems, products, machinery at plants. Sensorschina.net, a bilingual (Chinese and English) sensor industry website with daily updates and online exclusives, aims to be the first contact for engineers looking to find sensor and measuring technology, also sets up online trading platfo
Optimisation key to addressing waste reduction and other issues as companies move toward more sustainable production
Two-day conference looks at opportunities and solutions for today’s pressing challenges in the food and beverage and plastic packaging and processing industries.
Since the final judge of any product is the consumer or the end-user, it is always best to monitor comparative product market performance versus its competitors, writes MIFLORA M. GATCHALIAN, PhD., CEO, Quality Partners Company, Ltd., and Academician Emeritus International Academy for Quality.