Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-10
- Is it possible to innovate without boundaries? October cover story welcomes the age of ubiquitous innovation. Siemens President and CEO Tony Hemmelgarn explained the transformative business value of the digital enterprise that can only be realised by dissolving the boundaries between people, processes and applications. The company is integrating software applications into new solutions that reflect and support customers’ pursuit of more ubiquitous innovation. The recently concluded International Metalworking Philippines 2018 received an overwhelming responses from the international exhibitors. More than 85% of exhibitors are foreign companies, and 24% of these exhibitors are exhibiting in the Philippines for the very first time. Also in this issue, automation systems for tube processing have repeatedly been a subject in many discussions. At present it is fair to expect that the mechanical engineering sector will have to consolidate after a period of strong demand. The trend towards adopting automation techniques will continue and more strongly so. Metal Cuttin
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-09
- RINGIER starts the month with the Asia Food and Beverage Summit scheduled from 4-5 September 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Every year for the past four years, our company has been holding the event for members of the food and beverage industry in Southeast Asia. We have welcomed up to 200 delegates each time, so it is definitely an excellent networking opportunity as it is an excellent two days to sit back and listen to resource speakers refresh your knowledge of food safety, sustainability, innovation management, blockchain, processing technologies, and ingredient applications. A speaker at this event is Massimo Reverberi who founded Bugsolutely, one of several companies now incorporating edible insect powder in convenience foods such as pasta and snack foods. Crickets and silkworms, yes, they are the future of food, sustainable and high in nutritive value. Know more about these on page 6. This issue also brings interesting inputs from Kerry and Döhler on what’s trending in flavours and aromas. AAK shares an article on confectionery filling fats as well. The brewin
- Sensors China 2018-9
- Sensors China unites authoritative editorial advisors and industry associations, and sources the most comprehensive information from the worldwide sensor field, covering the latest product releases, technical information, market trend reports, as well as application and case studies, annual Outlook for sensor industry. For the past 9 year, Sensors China provides professional readers with a bi-monthly print magazine and digital e-magazine, bi-weekly E-newsletter, plus Mobile Apps, and helps them improve productivity, reduce cost, and turn innovations into real competitive advantages. Our readers are qualified and registered designers, R&D staff and application/ manufacturing/ maintenance engineers who test, evaluate and integrate sensors and other electronic components into processing systems, products, machinery at plants. Sensorschina.net, a bilingual (Chinese and English) sensor industry website with daily updates and online exclusives, aims to be the first contact for engineers looking to find sensor and measuring technology, also sets up online trading platfo
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2018-8
- Taiwan has gained an enviable position as one of the world’s leading suppliers of plastics machinery with many of the local manufacturers now aggressively moving forward in the global market. This is not surprising as many Taiwanese companies have spent years of painstaking work and huge investments poured into R&D to develop products meeting international standards. This issue focuses on TaipeiPLAS 2018, which serves as a showcase of the best in Taiwan industrial sector. The supplement on this major exhibition provides an overview on the highlights and products on exhibit. With IML now becoming more advanced, complex packaging designs can be achieved to ensure that food and other sensitive products are guaranteed fresh without sacrificing on the quality and aesthetic appeal. At the ENGEL Forum in Linz, Austria, the ENGEL Group has shown how the digital transformation is guiding its inject 4.0 into a new dimension and how this can ultimately optimise customer’s competitiveness and manage complex requirements by offering assistance systems.
- International Metalworking News for Asia August 2018 2018-08
- One of the benefits that we at International Metalworking News for Asia are proud to be able to offer readers is access to different platforms. You can read the magazine not only in print, but online through our website, industrysourcing.com. In this issue, Sandvik Coromant new president Nadine Crauwels sees the need to move quickly, be creative and to think outside the box in order to be successful. She says that new technology continually opens up new ways of providing value to customers. Meanwhile, Jesús de la Maza, president of Innovalia Group shared its vision about the current situation of industrial metrology. Many of the techniques that were made in the laboratories are being incorporated into the manufacturing process and this makes the industry begin to be more competitive. New cutting tools are continuously being added into the market, but what is the process to get a product from concept through to the spindle? Global manufacturer Dormer Pramet tasks its product management and development department with creating new tools every year. Another inter
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-07
- Health & nutrition: We're born with unique physical traits, mental abilities, even susceptibility to particular diseases and conditions based on our genetic makeup. The quality of nutrition that was afforded us from the moment of our conception right into later years of childhood has also partly shaped what we have become. In her article Keeping infants healthy, our correspondent Pearly Neo gathers scientific references examining the significance of early life nutrition on growth and development. She mentions how crucial it is to ensure that early life nutrition is given not only sufficient, but also educated and competent attention. Innovation: In the March 2018 issue, we published Innovation Management, an article written by Dr. Miflora Gatchalian of Quality Partners Inc. in the Philippines. This month, we give you the second installment to that report which focuses on how to stay competitive. Sustainability: Forum for the Future, a non-profit group helping organisations across the globe create a more sustainable future, published the The Feed Behind Our Food r
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2018-6
- Asia now serves as an ideal location to a growing number of research centres that are engaged in developing applications for specific products, in particular, raw materials and compounds. One company that has joined the flock is Evonik, with the opening of its research hub in Singapore for functional coatings, 3D printing and tissue engineering. Another major trade event is featured in this issue – InterPlas Thailand 2018. As part of Thailand’s Manufacturing Expo, InterPlas Thailand has become a one-stop exhibition for ASEAN manufacturers as it caters not only to plastics, but also other fast-rising industries. Colour management is not as simple as it seems as today’s consumers are more demanding when it comes to buying products with aesthetic appeal. In this case, the contributions of colour measurement tools have become more significant in the bid to cut costs and achieve production efficiency.
- International Metalworking News for Asia June 2018 2018-06
- The June issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insight on some of the most important announcements and initiatives to come out of Vietnam's automotive industry. One of the most interesting Features is the Boardroom Connection interview of Toyota Motor Vietnam Co., Ltd’s General Manager, which talks about the company’s efforts in in expanding localisation by seeking investments from domestic auto parts companies, including Vietnam Motorisation in 2025. The ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit (AMM), organised by Ringier Trade Media, held its first conference in Vietnam and hosted over 200 participants and 26 speakers from 13 different countries. As a partner of the conference, TRUMPF participated with a presentation speech and an exhibition booth, providing expertise and innovative solutions for manufacturers and suppliers. Also don’t miss Tony Vintura, founder and CEO of Datapixel’s view on intelligent metrology. We are now at the beginning of a radical change in the way of capturing, analysing and integrating the inf
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.