Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-10
- THE TALK everywhere in the industry is how to make food and beverage healthy. This is one reason the interest in yoghurt is also rising among Asian consumers in recent years. Although for many, it’s still an acquired taste and not what you’d commonly see at the breakfast table or snack list. Nonetheless, this dairy with its health benefits has made inroads into the market. How to extend quality of this product has been the issue among makers in the region. But from new packaging to ingredients, much has been made to ensure yoghurt stays fresh as it is transported to far places. In keeping flavor, color and texture intact, developments in ingredients help keep the overall quality of products. Positioning products as clean label on the other hand takes reformulation with more natural ingredients and choosing the right partners who can help you manage costs as well.
- International Plastics News for Asia - October issue 2016-10
- K 2016 remains the world’s biggest trade exhibition for the plastics industry. A venue where products and machines demonstrations are highly informative, the event will never disappoint buyers and professionals who are on the look out for the latest technologies and materials. This issue features a Special Supplement on K 2016, its highlights and the products on exhibit. For those wanting to check out for more news and coverage on this event, visit: www.industrysourcing.com/plastics. A product’s color plays an important factor in its overall appearance, and more often, a consumer’s buying decision is based on the product’s color. Hence, accuracy brought about by a color management solution is an essential tool in the plastics industry. Research opportunities for developing graphene-enhanced composites are as interesting as their outcome. The applications will significantly advance the market for nanocomposites, and yield ultra-light yet immensely tough material.
- International Metalworking News for Asia- October 2016 2016-10
- The October issue of International Metalworking News for Asia’s Enterprise Close-up leads off with Israel Gonzalez, Regional Director of Hypertherm Asia-Pacific titled, “Hypetherm: Shaping Possibility in Vietnam’s manufacturing industry.” He talked about the promising opportunities in the region, the state of the metalworking industry, its business and plans. This edition also includes two features focused on Metal Cutting. Patrick de Vos’s feature, titled “Evolution of chip thickness models for milling,” explores multiple factors that determine the results of metal cutting processes. Another Metal Cutting article, entitled “Portal machines for new business,” tells about a family-run company that started out with a used machine. Today, the company has several production halls with more than 100 highly qualified specialists, providing an integrated range of services, from sheet metal working to mechanical manufacturing. The October issue shows “How to achieve quality tool life in the 21st century.” Production engineers faced with overcoming the challenges of partin
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-9
- COMPANIES are getting ready for the MEASA’s key trade show, Gulfood Manufacturing taking place from 7-9 November 2016. This show attracts around 35,000 visitors from the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia, looking to upgrade processes for better cost efficiency and sustainability, and to taste the latest ingredients and additives for product development. About 1,500 local and international exhibitors will introduce their region-appropriate raw materials and ingredients, packaging equipment, and processing solutions. So, I take this opportunity to wish all participants the best at this event. In the pages of this September issue, you will find tried-and-tested packaging and processing solutions that will be showcased at the Gulfood event. Read about how these solutions have boosted the efficiency of their customers. We also feature technologies that will one day soon be ready to improve snack processing, food preparation, as well as quality testing (see research on p12 and quality & safety on p26), and new products and services to make your own business even
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-9
- Deep ocean water with its rich amounts of minerals and trace elements is increasingly being considered a nutritional ingredient in products like sports nutrition supplements and functional beverages. In Asia, Taiwan Yes Deep Ocean Water Company owns the largest deep ocean water project, allowing it to supply pristine water and minerals for use in food and non-food products. Taiwan Yes president Tina L.A. Huang encourages food and beverage manufacturers to incorporate deep ocean water/minerals as a way to augment the health benefits of their products. Read more about this company in boardroom connection. On the cover, we feature spirulina, another functional ingredient that continues to gain recognition as a superfood. It has been in the news as a likely solution to malnutrition. In Cambodia, one company’s venture into spirulina production is moving ahead, thanks to meticulous production and supervision. Get to know Global Superfoods in ingredients.
- International Plastics News for Asia 2016-8
- As a major exhibition for the plastics and rubber industry in Asia, TAIPEIPLAS has always attracted a large number of exhibitors who are eager to show off their cutting-edge technologies. Taiwanese machinery manufacturers are well represented in this event given Taiwan’s well-known industrial sector with players that have gained excellent reputation worldwide. This issue brings the highlights of TAIPEIPLAS 2016 with a Special Supplement giving our readers an idea of the products on exhibit. Compliance to stringent safety and health regulations has been foremost in the packaging industry, but nowadays, the drive toward creating eye-catching packaging has taken a step forward with the help of new IML technologies. Another development points to the use of high-performance materials in the production of electronic and electrical parts for the automotive industry. In this aspect, improvement in material solutions has made its huge contribution.
- International Metalworking News for Asia - August 2016 2016-08
- The regularly-scheduled August issue of IMNA Magazine is packed full of valuable technical guidance for end users in the metalworking industry. Among the highlights is a follow up interview with Hoffmann Asia’s managing director half a year after he assumed the position and announcing his ambitious plan. Also check out the exclusive interview of Schaeffler (Singapore)’s vice president for industrial & aerospace regarding “Mobility for Tomorrow” strategic concept, with quotes from the company’s director for engineering in South East Asia about manufacturing expertise and systems know-how. In between are a pair of features focused on automated manufacturing. The future of manufacturing is being driven by the needs of increasingly demanding customers. This often involves the notion of a re-imagined approach towards innovation and the adoption of the Internet of Things with connected systems. Automated manufacturing, machine-to machine communication, and intelligent process chains have now become a fundamental part in stirring industrial changes in South East Asia’s
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-7
- THIS issue looks at packaging trends, from design to labeling technologies, available to manufacturers. It contains innovations from several packaging companies, in addition to those coming from ProPak Asia. Our main report on seafood processing emphasizes the importance of food safety in every step of production, and of implementing food safety programs including the HACCP Plan development pre-requisite programs such as current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP). For the latest in ingredients, read an overview on natural colors and updates on acidulants . In the health and nutrition section, get to know Biogreen Science, a manufacturer of anti-aging supplements in Indonesia; for updates on Omega-3, FMC’s Sarah Christianslund talks about the growing literature supporting the benefits of healthy fish oil.
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.