At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-5
- ASEANPLAS returns to Singapore this month. A major event for the S.E. Asian plastics industry, this international trade fair promises visitors a host of new technologies and solutions from 200 exhibitors. Touted as the region抯 largest and most dedicated platform for the plastics and rubber industries, the show is a must-see given the product range and additional attractions. Indeed, S.E.Asian trade shows are getting bigger and better, and this reflects the continued confidence on the region抯 fastgrowing industries. We take a look at Thailand in this issue. The country is the venue of another important trade show, the InterPlas Thailand 2008. Political issues failed to dampen business confidence as its industries continue to move ahead. The current focus on core industries, which include plastics manufacturing, underscores the Thai government抯 emphasis on pushing economic growth. This issue抯 Boardroom Connection features a company in Singapore. In such a highly competitive environment, the name of the game goes beyond production capacity. A winning formula combin
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2008-5
- In this issue, we continue our focus on sustainability as we feature the winners of the prestigious DuPont Packaging Awards. Those selected for the 20th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation met criteria in line with this year's special emphasis on sustainability. The achievements in sustainable packaging "raise the visibility of initiatives for enhanced performance, resource and energy efficiency, responsible sourcing, effective recovery and other innovation factors leading to sustainable packaging," according to William F. Weber, vice president ?DuPont Packaging. The company's long-running Packaging Awards proves that innovation and sustainability are not at odds with each other. Current winners demonstrate that packaging suppliers and food manufacturers can work together to develop alternative packaging that are reduce the use of fossil fuels, are compostable and use clean production. Weight reduction of packaging, for instance, doesn抰 just make good business sense in terms of reducing costs and improving logistical efficiency, but also can be part of bro
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-3
- Brewing in China 2008-3
- Old and new in brewing BEER buffs worldwide know well enough to visit the Czech town of Pilsen, where Plzensky Prazdroj brewery - known for its bottom-fermented beer, the so-called pale lager - is located. In this issue we describe how 150-year old tradition has become modernized without at all losing the flavor and the character of the original. For the brewers of Pilsner Urquell, new technologies are important to maintain the original quality as the beer travels long distances over land and sea - this beer is after all a leading export brand. The orignal Pilsner first brewed at Pilsen brewery in 1842 is part of SABMiller's International Premium brand portfolio. Many domestic favorites are now being exported worldwide or brewed in majro markets, and there is always some debate among beer lovers about packaging. Many will swear that there is nothing like the foamy head of a beer poured for a bottle. Others affirm that the satisfaction of a well-chilled beer from a can on hot day is unmatched. Still others aver that beer from a PET bottle is no different, and you c
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-1
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.