PET expert sees circular economy and recycling trends steering packaging sector
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2008-5
- In this issue, we continue our focus on sustainability as we feature the winners of the prestigious DuPont Packaging Awards. Those selected for the 20th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation met criteria in line with this year's special emphasis on sustainability. The achievements in sustainable packaging "raise the visibility of initiatives for enhanced performance, resource and energy efficiency, responsible sourcing, effective recovery and other innovation factors leading to sustainable packaging," according to William F. Weber, vice president ?DuPont Packaging. The company's long-running Packaging Awards proves that innovation and sustainability are not at odds with each other. Current winners demonstrate that packaging suppliers and food manufacturers can work together to develop alternative packaging that are reduce the use of fossil fuels, are compostable and use clean production. Weight reduction of packaging, for instance, doesn抰 just make good business sense in terms of reducing costs and improving logistical efficiency, but also can be part of bro
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-3
- Brewing in China 2008-3
- Old and new in brewing BEER buffs worldwide know well enough to visit the Czech town of Pilsen, where Plzensky Prazdroj brewery - known for its bottom-fermented beer, the so-called pale lager - is located. In this issue we describe how 150-year old tradition has become modernized without at all losing the flavor and the character of the original. For the brewers of Pilsner Urquell, new technologies are important to maintain the original quality as the beer travels long distances over land and sea - this beer is after all a leading export brand. The orignal Pilsner first brewed at Pilsen brewery in 1842 is part of SABMiller's International Premium brand portfolio. Many domestic favorites are now being exported worldwide or brewed in majro markets, and there is always some debate among beer lovers about packaging. Many will swear that there is nothing like the foamy head of a beer poured for a bottle. Others affirm that the satisfaction of a well-chilled beer from a can on hot day is unmatched. Still others aver that beer from a PET bottle is no different, and you c
- Int'l Plastics News for Asia 2008-1
GD Propack Co., Ltd., has decades of experience in injection molding services, as well as labeling and IML, according to Teerasate Charoenpoonsiri, General Manager.
At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.