PET expert sees circular economy and recycling trends steering packaging sector
- International Plastics News for Asia 2018-2
- PLASTINDIA is geared as a world-class event with its transfer to a state-of-the-art exhibition venue. For the first time, we carry a Special Supplement on this fast-growing trade event where we present the show’s highlights, the products on exhibit and exhibitors’ contact details. A mini-section on PLASTINDIA is also up on www.industrysourcing.com/plastics so you can get the latest news and coverage exhibition before, during and after the event. High-pressure resin transfer molding has become a suitable option in the production of lightweight components and complex parts. New developments will see this process getting more sophisticated and more responsive to market requirements. Many innovative materials and processing technologies are being developed in the automotive industry and these are worth being recognized in the light of the leading trends in transportation. This issue presents the winners of the recent award-giving body and their valuable contributions to the automotive sector.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-12
- THIS is the first December issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal and comes out only online. We hope you find inspiration in the story of Mr La Ty, whose love for gelato stirred him into building his own brand, La Pops, in Cambodia. While in the section on health and nutrition, we put together updates on products and scientific research, including updates on antioxidants. Also in this issue, we share three case studies – Bosch Packaging Technology on the biscuit industry in Germany; Renishaw on its vacuum casting technology; and Veolia on its waste water treatment technologies installed in the Ovaltine facility in Thailand. The Asia Food and Beverage Summit Last month, Ringier was in Indonesia for the 3rd Asia Food and Beverage Summit (October 31-November 1) at the JS Luwansa Hotel in Jakarta. As support to Ringier Events, a small team of hard-working colleagues, I am pulled in from day one to help see the project through well until the post-show reports are out. There’s a very long to-do list, and on the day of the event itself one can only hope that the
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-12
- It is clear; the market for connected equipment and devices will continue to grow. But, as product designers and engineers face the challenges of building smart products, they are realising they need faster, better, smarter tools with which to create them. Part of that solution is to use tools capable of bringing all the disparate processes onto a single, unified platform. Global high-tech companies are melding Industry 4.0, automation and big data to create metalworking equipment, tools and solutions that will build empires in the industrial manufacturing. They are developing healthy ecosystems that can carry their strategies and values far. Whatever the situation, Industry 4.0 is here, and manufacturers all over the world are doing their best to prepare. At this issue’s 2018 Outlook Report, industry leaders and senior executives share their views and initiatives on Industry 4.0, and the current and future of metalworking industry, as part of their overall efforts toward automation and big data in manufacturing. The adoption of Industry 4.0 is indeed a major d
- International Plastics News for Asia 2017-12
- This is the last issue for the year, and again, we are happy to present the special report – Outlook 2018 – a compilation of valuable insights from industry experts on what they perceive will be the trends and developments in the plastics and rubber industry in 2018. We also asked them what products they will highlight in 2018 and majority of them presented their product portfolio, all geared for plastics manufacturers wanting to achieve smart manufacturing. Recycling technologies have become more sophisticated, providing one-stop solutions to processors aiming for enhanced efficiency, energy saving and high product quality. And in this issue, we look at the latest additions to the range of recycling systems and how these value-added functions can benefit processors. Three trade exhibitions in Asia were covered by the Ringier Trade Media Editorial team – T-PLAS in Thailand, VietnamPlas in Vietnam, and ALLPACK in Indonesia. Read our post-show reports to learn the interesting insights from these shows’ exhibitors. As the year 2017 ends, there is much optimism i
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-11
- IF YOU’RE watching the trends over the past few years, you’re likely to see how the food and beverage industry has transformed because consumers are learning to be more vocal about their preferences. They’re expressing their opinion about anything from flavors to concern for environment to illegal practices, and issues that raise questions about the ways of the industry. It’s also easy to track what they’re purchasing and eating. What does it all mean for you as a food/beverage manufacturer? You certainly invest in R&D to address the issues that affect your brand. You innovate to make your product food-safe, nature-friendly, sustainable, and healthy for consumers. You acquire another company to increase your capability. Whatever the strategy is, you depend on processing and packaging equipment or products to help you create the ideal product using the most cost-efficient means. The good news is there’s always a processing or packaging solution that will fit your needs even as your needs quickly change. In this issue, let’s explore some of the newer solutions.
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2017-09
- HAVE you ever told someone: If my production is running efficiently without IoT, why should I adopt it now? Fair question. But if you could make your production run more efficiently – would you think twice in adopting IoT? The food and beverage industry has yet to get used to the idea of the Internet of Things (IoT) being a part of everyday processes. There’s always some resistance to adopting new technology when there’s insufficient knowledge about it, or if cost is an issue. According to experts, IoT can help bring down cost, enhance product quality and safety, track and trace products in transit, and so on. Being able to prevent production issues before they occur is a giant leap in efficiency. That’s just one of the benefits. Cutting waste is another. To know more, read our report on how IoT is changing the food and beverage sector. Also in this issue, we give you a market overview of Iran and Turkey, two of the fastest developing food and beverage markets in the region. On the cover, we feature sweet confections to highlight the development of new ingredients
- International Plastics News for Asia 2017-10
- The successful conclusion of the Asia Plastics Processing Technology and Innovative Materials Summit 2017, organized by Ringier Events in cooperation with various organizations and private sector representatives, reflects the growing importance of breakthrough technologies and high-performance materials in Asia's dynamic plastics industry. Held in Jakarta, this event highlighted the Asian market's demand for advanced technologies and also presented the materials of the future. Today's fast-moving markets give importance to connectivity and many companies will do well to adapt their products and manage information in both practical and cost-effective ways. And central to the operations of the smart environment and cloud-connected machinery and equipment that leverage collected data to monitor processes and keep production running optimally. Our Special Report in this issue brings into focus the impact of new materials in the highly dynamic automotive industry, which are setting new trends and standards in the way vehicles are built.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-10
- This month's special issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insight on some of the most important announcements and initiatives to come out of this year's top industry trends. One of the most intriguing highlights at the recent EMO Hannover is Hoffmann Group's analogy with nature's powers of innovation in its technology – emphasising the company's ongoing commitment to bringing new, high-quality tools to the market as part of its GARANT premium brand. Using the slogan "Innovative by nature", its innovations include a new conical barrel milling cutter, which makes it possible to achieve an improved surface quality and make considerable time savings through the use of state-of-the-art milling strategies. Håkan Ericksson, Global Product Specialist at Sandvik Coromant, authored this month’s Tooling & Workholding section titled “Fast automotive turning gets stamp of approval.” He explains a different method of turning that challenges conventions to deliver productivity increases typically no less than double what can be achieved presently. In
GD Propack Co., Ltd., has decades of experience in injection molding services, as well as labeling and IML, according to Teerasate Charoenpoonsiri, General Manager.
At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.