At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-09
- THIS issue is full of new information on products and services for the food and beverage processing industry. We spoke at length with executives from Henkel, Alfa Laval, Videojet, and Veolia on their solutions for medium and large companies, and we feature equipment from Bühler, Matcon, and other trusted names in the manufacturing industry. And where would the food and beverage industry be without innovative ingredients? This September 5-6, Vitafoods Asia is thrilled to showcase nutraceuticals and health ingredients from its new home in Singapore. In Bangkok, Fi Asia will again gather thousands from September 13-15. To celebrate ingredients, we chose a delightful cover shot that depicts plant-based dairy, courtesy of AAK. We also interviewed Samhae, a manufacturer of seaweed products in Korea. Also this month, most packaging and processing companies we know will be at PACK EXPO Las Vegas, another spectacular event to be held from September 25-27. For those who will miss it, check out the new products on page 40.
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2017-8
- Cost reduction has always been an important concern among manufacturers today. In this area, an intelligent process cooling technology plays a vital role as it can potentially reduce operational costs and enable the business to stay competitive. This issue carries an article on innovative process cooling systems and how these can be configured to meet the goals of maximum uptime, efficiency and performance in operation. Color management solutions have become more accurate ensuring high quality of the finished product. A wide range of color solutions is now available, from analysis of the customer’s needs to delivery of the equipment and software. The goal of specifying, formulating and controlling critical color requirements is now possible with recent developments in this segment. Injection stretch blow molding or ISBM has taken a major leap forward with the introduction of the world’s first triple row one-step ISBM system that could provide not only technical superiority and enhanced quality, but also significant reduction in production space.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-08
- Call it as the fourth industrial revolution or industry 4.0, there is no denying that a fundamental shift in the supply chain is changing the way manufacturing industries operate. The August issue of International Metalworking News for Asia explores a range of articles associated with Industry 4.0. These articles implement digital improvements to business processes that are key to growth. While modern portal machines have now achieved high level optimisation in terms of performance, and dynamics are little more than details, the question of service is becoming more important. After all, what characterises a good relationship between supplier and user? Zimmermann is currently working on an app that will display the machine state to the customer at all times. If an error occurs, the user immediately sees a message that is sent directly to the company. Find out more in this month’s Metal Cutting section. Despite the fact that there is an awareness of the importance of digital transformation in South East Asia, this has not yet fully translated into reality. Majori
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-07
- Fresh meat, meat alternatives, processed meat products…they all go through many processes to comply with industry standards and customer requirements. To obtain the right texture or flavor alone is a tedious process. Fortunately, innovations in products like stabilizers and texturizers can elevate quality, such as succulence in meat substitutes. Extending the freshness of meat can still be an issue with meat sellers or processed meat manufacturers. But breakthroughs in antimicrobial agents are there to prolong overall quality. Choosing taste-free antimicrobial agents can make a lot of difference. The right packaging is also necessary in maintaining product freshness, and for raw meat, developments in flexible packaging are ample. Read all about it in this month's issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal.
- International Metalworking News for Asia June 2017 2017-06
- Be sure to read International Metalworking News for Asia’s June issue, which spotlights interesting interviews of some of the industry’s movers and shakers. Philip Parker, Product Marketing Manager of Hypetherm Mechanised Plasma Systems Team talked about most significant advance in mechanised plasma cutting with the introduction of an entirely new class of plasma called X-Definition™. This new plasma is available for the first time in a 300 amp plasma system called the XPR300. He said that the arrival of X-Definition Plasma and our new XPR300 is a huge step forward in the capabilities of plasma technology. Dr Robert Blackburn, CEO of Hoffmann Group said that market is moving quickly and developing up the value chain. The trend over the coming three years is all about embedding software or embedding intelligence in the tool. He discussed the company’s ambition to further build up intelligence and offer smart solutions that enable efficient communication between the tool and the machine. This is a challenge, but above all it’s a great opportunity for Hoffmann, wh
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2017-6
- CHINAPLAS 2017 far exceeded expectations with its sice and scope. Asia’s biggest exhibition for the plastics and rubber industries gathered over 155,000 visitors who witnessed 3,400 exhibits. A whole range of products and services geared to achieve smart manufacturing were properly demonstrated and displayed on the show floor. As Asian companies adopt intelligent manufacturing, we expect many exhibitors to further strengthen their commitment toward this target in the upcoming editions of this exhibition. In this issue, we bring you a Special Supplement on Southeast Asian major exhibition, InterPlas Thailand. The trades show is now held concurrently with Manufacturing Expo and this guarantees a broader scope and more informative exchange. The Special Supplement contains the show’s main highlights with description on the products on exhibit and contact information of exhibitors. The new generation of bioplastic carries special properties that make them ideal for complex applications, or applications that demand performance and easy processability. In this issue, a n
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-06
- Waste not THIS issue has many interesting news from processing and packaging companies. One that stands out is the case study shared by The Bühler Group on its role in helping Spanish olive processor Grupo Elayo develop a new healthy ingredient out of olive seeds. Talk about enterprising! Nothing should go to waste, right? And on that subject, we talked to Tetra Pak’s Jeff Fielkow, Cluster Leader Environment for South Asia, East Asia & Oceania, on the company’s recycling efforts in Asia. Just last month, the company also announced the launch of its first innovation center in the region! That of course is great news for food and beverage customers. Eau De Coco, a featured company in this issue uses Tetra Pak process technology for its coconut products. Read our exclusive interview with Martial Beck who is Director of Business Development. We also continue our reporting on automation and the Internet of Things on pages 32-35 focusing on traceability and food safety, with featured companies like Barilla and Muddy Boots, plus an article by Tom Egan, vice presiden
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-05
- THE MAY issue brings special attention to innovations in packaging and processing, from our six-page coverage of interpack in Düsseldorf to a quick preview of ProPak Asia (and Thaifex) in Bangkok. When reporting on trade shows of this enormity, I am blown away by what seems like countless solutions available to the food and beverage companies, from diverse materials to entry level machinery and cutting-edge lines being presented as designs to boost productivity. And this year, interpack highlights continuing developments in Industry 4.0. While Industry 4.0 is not a new concept, many aspects of investment, application, and even security are unclear to users. There are many reasons for this, so we aim to shed more light on the technology and applications as these are launched. Our feature on smart manufacturing on p32 is a good start. But for all the sophistication that technology brings, interpack also reminds us of some realities – to adopt food-saving concepts. So, don’t miss SAVE FOOD! Also in this issue, are the latest food ingredients, and an exclusive report
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.