Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Metalworking News for Asia August 2018 2018-08
- One of the benefits that we at International Metalworking News for Asia are proud to be able to offer readers is access to different platforms. You can read the magazine not only in print, but online through our website, industrysourcing.com. In this issue, Sandvik Coromant new president Nadine Crauwels sees the need to move quickly, be creative and to think outside the box in order to be successful. She says that new technology continually opens up new ways of providing value to customers. Meanwhile, Jesús de la Maza, president of Innovalia Group shared its vision about the current situation of industrial metrology. Many of the techniques that were made in the laboratories are being incorporated into the manufacturing process and this makes the industry begin to be more competitive. New cutting tools are continuously being added into the market, but what is the process to get a product from concept through to the spindle? Global manufacturer Dormer Pramet tasks its product management and development department with creating new tools every year. Another inter
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-07
- Health & nutrition: We're born with unique physical traits, mental abilities, even susceptibility to particular diseases and conditions based on our genetic makeup. The quality of nutrition that was afforded us from the moment of our conception right into later years of childhood has also partly shaped what we have become. In her article Keeping infants healthy, our correspondent Pearly Neo gathers scientific references examining the significance of early life nutrition on growth and development. She mentions how crucial it is to ensure that early life nutrition is given not only sufficient, but also educated and competent attention. Innovation: In the March 2018 issue, we published Innovation Management, an article written by Dr. Miflora Gatchalian of Quality Partners Inc. in the Philippines. This month, we give you the second installment to that report which focuses on how to stay competitive. Sustainability: Forum for the Future, a non-profit group helping organisations across the globe create a more sustainable future, published the The Feed Behind Our Food r
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2018-6
- Asia now serves as an ideal location to a growing number of research centres that are engaged in developing applications for specific products, in particular, raw materials and compounds. One company that has joined the flock is Evonik, with the opening of its research hub in Singapore for functional coatings, 3D printing and tissue engineering. Another major trade event is featured in this issue – InterPlas Thailand 2018. As part of Thailand’s Manufacturing Expo, InterPlas Thailand has become a one-stop exhibition for ASEAN manufacturers as it caters not only to plastics, but also other fast-rising industries. Colour management is not as simple as it seems as today’s consumers are more demanding when it comes to buying products with aesthetic appeal. In this case, the contributions of colour measurement tools have become more significant in the bid to cut costs and achieve production efficiency.
- International Metalworking News for Asia June 2018 2018-06
- The June issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insight on some of the most important announcements and initiatives to come out of Vietnam's automotive industry. One of the most interesting Features is the Boardroom Connection interview of Toyota Motor Vietnam Co., Ltd’s General Manager, which talks about the company’s efforts in in expanding localisation by seeking investments from domestic auto parts companies, including Vietnam Motorisation in 2025. The ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit (AMM), organised by Ringier Trade Media, held its first conference in Vietnam and hosted over 200 participants and 26 speakers from 13 different countries. As a partner of the conference, TRUMPF participated with a presentation speech and an exhibition booth, providing expertise and innovative solutions for manufacturers and suppliers. Also don’t miss Tony Vintura, founder and CEO of Datapixel’s view on intelligent metrology. We are now at the beginning of a radical change in the way of capturing, analysing and integrating the inf
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-06
- MEAT in its various preparations, remains a staple part of many an Asian’s diet amid an increasing consumption of non-animal proteins becoming evident in the region. Our report on pages 10-13 with data from the USDA, Thai associations, and other sources, tracks the production and exports of pork, as well as those of poultry and seafood from Asia. Together with the continued growth in the meat industry is the rise in the consumption of plant-based/vegetarian foods or non-animal proteins. Mintel’s report in April 2018 mentions health awareness as one of the key factors for increased intake of non-animal proteins in 2017, while concern for environment is also a trigger to examine processed meat production and consumption. Meanwhile technological developments in lab-grown meat production is helping move the industry in this direction although we may see the results only many years from now. One company that recently announced innovations is Aleph Farms Ltd whose 3D technology allows production of clean meat that resembles the qualities of traditional cuts of beef. If
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2018-05
- EVEN as partially hydrogenated fats – the source of trans-fats – are making your product all the more flavourful, or adding to its shelf life, there is no escape from the fact that you will have to eliminate these at some point. In fact, DD is just a month away. The US Food and Drug Administration states: By June 18, 2018, human food must no longer contain partially hydrogenated oils for uses that have not been otherwise authorised by FDA. The FDA gave companies ample time to prepare, having announced their ruling in 2015 that PHOs are not ‘generally recognised as safe’ (GRAS). Knowing the dangers of PHOs to health – that is, increasing one’s bad cholesterol – taking it out of the formulation is but the only step to take for makers of bakery goods, savoury snacks, creamers, confectionery, and so on. While early options were to use sunflower, canola, or soybean, their oils are high in saturated fats, yet these do not appear to raise LDL cholesterol in blood. Now newer innovative fat substitutes can be tailored to any food company’s needs, so product re-formulati
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2018-4
- Two major exhibitions – NPE 2018 and CHINAPLAS 2018 – are covered in this issue. The back-to-back Special Supplements on these trade shows are aimed at promoting the products on exhibit and giving visitors a glimpse on the highlights as well as relevant industry trends. Aside from the print version, these key exhibitions are also online and can be found at www.industrysourcing.com/plastics where important developments and coverage are posted before, during and after the shows. Powerful machines are the vital to the move towards smart manufacturing. This issue looks into recently launched injection moulding machines that promise high efficiency and many other possibilities. When it comes to raw materials, the developments in the use of antimicrobials have taken a big leap in terms of ensuring safety and compliance to stringent standards. Many new compounds are being launched, which will definitely offer greater benefits to the medical sector.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2018-04
- Leading things off in the features section of International Metalworking News for Asia April issue is an article on Y-axis parting in multi-task machines and turning centres. One of the manufacturing megatrends of the recent decades is to and minimise the number of machining set-ups required to produce a specific component. A unique aspect of the single set-up trend is adding ‘live tooling’, in other word rotating tools, to turning centres. Find out more in this issue’s Metal Cutting. Kennametal solves the age-long problem of tool stability when drilling in deep cavities, alongside tall shoulders, and past bulky fixtures. The company’s hydraulic chuck extensions provide integral through-the-tool coolant channels, promoting tool life and increasing penetration rates in all drilling and reaming applications. There are a few independent features in April, including designing an efficient process for checking dimensional accuracy of turbine and aero-engine blades. The MODUS metrology software allows off-line development of advanced programs directly from CAD, with s
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.