At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2017-6
- CHINAPLAS 2017 far exceeded expectations with its sice and scope. Asia’s biggest exhibition for the plastics and rubber industries gathered over 155,000 visitors who witnessed 3,400 exhibits. A whole range of products and services geared to achieve smart manufacturing were properly demonstrated and displayed on the show floor. As Asian companies adopt intelligent manufacturing, we expect many exhibitors to further strengthen their commitment toward this target in the upcoming editions of this exhibition. In this issue, we bring you a Special Supplement on Southeast Asian major exhibition, InterPlas Thailand. The trades show is now held concurrently with Manufacturing Expo and this guarantees a broader scope and more informative exchange. The Special Supplement contains the show’s main highlights with description on the products on exhibit and contact information of exhibitors. The new generation of bioplastic carries special properties that make them ideal for complex applications, or applications that demand performance and easy processability. In this issue, a n
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-06
- Waste not THIS issue has many interesting news from processing and packaging companies. One that stands out is the case study shared by The Bühler Group on its role in helping Spanish olive processor Grupo Elayo develop a new healthy ingredient out of olive seeds. Talk about enterprising! Nothing should go to waste, right? And on that subject, we talked to Tetra Pak’s Jeff Fielkow, Cluster Leader Environment for South Asia, East Asia & Oceania, on the company’s recycling efforts in Asia. Just last month, the company also announced the launch of its first innovation center in the region! That of course is great news for food and beverage customers. Eau De Coco, a featured company in this issue uses Tetra Pak process technology for its coconut products. Read our exclusive interview with Martial Beck who is Director of Business Development. We also continue our reporting on automation and the Internet of Things on pages 32-35 focusing on traceability and food safety, with featured companies like Barilla and Muddy Boots, plus an article by Tom Egan, vice presiden
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-05
- THE MAY issue brings special attention to innovations in packaging and processing, from our six-page coverage of interpack in Düsseldorf to a quick preview of ProPak Asia (and Thaifex) in Bangkok. When reporting on trade shows of this enormity, I am blown away by what seems like countless solutions available to the food and beverage companies, from diverse materials to entry level machinery and cutting-edge lines being presented as designs to boost productivity. And this year, interpack highlights continuing developments in Industry 4.0. While Industry 4.0 is not a new concept, many aspects of investment, application, and even security are unclear to users. There are many reasons for this, so we aim to shed more light on the technology and applications as these are launched. Our feature on smart manufacturing on p32 is a good start. But for all the sophistication that technology brings, interpack also reminds us of some realities – to adopt food-saving concepts. So, don’t miss SAVE FOOD! Also in this issue, are the latest food ingredients, and an exclusive report
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2017-4
- The buzzword now is smart manufacturing, and this trend has become the main highlight of many major exhibitions in Asia. At KOPLAS 2017, we witnessed the growing range of solutions to achieve smart manufacturing and digitalization as Asian suppliers compete side by side with European companies in this area. CHINAPLAS 2017 also focuses on smart manufacturing and this issue carries a Special Supplement on the exhibition’s main highlights with description on the products on exhibit and contact information of exhibitors. The broad range of products to meet the diverse needs of fast-growing applications is made more interesting by the promise of live demonstrations at the show floor. Polycarbonate has evolved into a material of choice for various applications. In this issue, we look at how Covestro has continued to develop material options that will stress the benefits of polycarbonate.
- IDN 2017-3
- International Mold & Die Making News for China, in a strategic editorial partnership with FORM + Werkzeug of Germany and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been the leading print magazine for the mold die making industry for 14 years. This specialist magazine is not only able to provide latest information and technologies to create high-end molds and set up process standards on mold production, but also presents its comprehensive content through a multimedia platform. These include e-magazines, a metalworking website (in both Chinese and English) with daily updates and online exclusives, monthly e-newsletters, and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. With such current, informative and attractive content in both digital and printed forms, International Mold & Die Making News for China offers the most effective communication package for mold & die makers improving productivity, reducing cost and turning innovations into real competitive advantages.
- International Metalworking News for Asia - April issue 2017-04
- Industry 4.0 is emerging a critical component to manufacturing competence, a trend that will further intensify in the coming years. Leading companies are appearing on the horizon with ideas that will change the face of the industry. Job shops in South East Asia’s developing economies are now starting to identify technologies that would complement their manufacturing businesses. Here at International Metalworking News for Asia, we strive to present technical articles, stories and products that can help expand outside traditional manufacturing. DMG Mori supports its customers on their path to consistent digitalisation based on the app-based control and operator system CELOS® with intelligent software solutions and a lot of digital products and services. By now every fourth machine is thanks to CELOS® compatible with the future. Find out what other products the company presented during its recent open house in this month’s Metal Cutting section. To remain competitive and profitable, shops continually seek the most economical and productive ways to accomplish the
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-03
- OUR boardroom connection interviewee is Cornelia Beau, managing director of Hainich, a Germany-based manufacturer of pickled products and sweet preserves. We met Ms Beau as she was sourcing machinery from Italy. From her we learn that Hainich products are very clean label, being produced traditionally. Manufacturers of baked goods and confectionery may already be aware of the product inspection technologies available to them, as well as why having the right conveying belt or system can help ensure the quality of breads, cookies, and chocolate. On page 22, Neil Giles of Mettler Toledo has something new on inspection systems; and on page 30, Flexco’s general manager, Southeast Asia, writes about keeping pace with this industry’s needs. Furthermore on food safety, and in particular ensuring halal authenticity, Vincent Lau of SCIEX explains the importance of using analytical tools to complement on-site inspection. Keeping you updated on dairy ingredients, Mervyn Gribben, general manager for Dairy & Nutrition, Asia Pacific, at Kerry and William Hui, Technical sales ma
- International Plastics News for Asia - February issue 2017-02
- This month's issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insights on some of the most important trends and initiatives about automation and digitalising your manufacturing. One of the most noteworthy feature is our interview with A3 President Jeff Burnstein. Jeff explained all there is to know about automation technologies and robots. Automation is already happening in some cases, especially in the manufacturing world, where human and machine have always worked side by side. However, many feel uneasy about an automated future because they’re viewing it in the context of today’s workplace. Find out how automation will help save and create jobs throughout the world in the Automation section. Leading off the feature is Stephen Flynn, president of Optical Gaging Products. He says that South East Asia is an important source of supply for many components and subassemblies that go into OGP systems. The company experienced very little slow down in their business in South East Asia, in spite of the strong U.S. Dollar. He believes the markets have h
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.