Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-5
- Logistics and distribution: When you travel around countries in Southeast Asia today, you’ll see that much has been achieved to improve logistics and distribution. But then you’ll also see that it’s not yet enough to reduce food loss, food contamination, and even environmental degradation – risks associated with the lack of logistics management. Automated solutions are of course available to food and beverage companies, but with limited infrastructure, there remain time and cost issues as well. In an interview, Dean Eichorn, vice president for Retail at DHL Supply Chain Asia Pacific said, “Development of infrastructure across the region is not keeping pace with the escalating logistics needs. Modern ports and road networks are essential to the fast and efficient movement of products, and although investment is being committed it takes time for these projects to be realized.” Food safety: In the area of food safety, this issue covers several reports including one on plant layout and construction, hot beverage processing, as well as inspection systems. Beverage: I
- International Metalworking News for Asia- April 2016 2016-04
- The April issue of International Metalworking News for Asia magazine is themed around advanced manufacturing and reflects the rapid pace of development we’ve seen in recent months. A number of technical articles explore how manufacturers can leverage, create and deliver powerful products quickly and efficiently. Leading off is how to choose the right aluminum saw. When cutting aluminium, cutting speeds must be higher and cutting forces lower. To ensure clean, exact cuts, it is especially important to have an optimum cutting geometry along with good lubrication and cooling. Chips can readily cause problems owing to the high speeds and must be removed in an effective manner. Users who saw aluminium on a regular basis are therefore advised to purchase a machine that is specially designed for this purpose. Up next is lasers. Whether tailored 3D print of lightweight construction components or precise bores using an ultra-short pulse laser, the range of applications stretches across all sectors of manufacturing. Bundled light is a core element of Industry 4.0, in which
- International Plastics News for Asia 2016-4
- This issue features a Special Supplement on CHINAPLAS 2016. The exhibition, currently the world’s second biggest and Asia’s number 1, gathers 3,300 exhibitors in Shanghai this year. The Special Supplement aims to guide visitors on the highlights of the trade show, the products on exhibit, and this time, we added some insights and market assessment from association representative and exhibitor. The exhibition, being a large-scale one, has served as the premiere of innovative products targeting not only China but the rest of the Asian market. Recycling carbon fiber has been gaining attention due to the rising demand for lightweight materials. This issue looks at the recent developments in this area. With renewable energy becoming a popular alternative, requirements for solar cells have also become more demanding, with weight and dimension being key factors. In this sector, plastics play a key role with future developments pointing toward enhanced study and research to come up with products that meet tougher target.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-3
- What makes your product successful? It's a question with many answers. But in the food and beverage industry, the product that ultimately remains successful is one that consumers don’t easily want to or need to give up. Not easy, because consumers’ preferences change. They’ll make a switch when a better product comes along. You’ll always have to be ready to meet these changing preferences, which are now almost always related to health and nutrition. The process of reformulating products for this reason is of course not simple, but with the number of innovative ingredients available, suppliers try to make it easy for food and beverage companies. In product formulation, we feature the latest range of cocoa butter replacers. The products, used in compound coatings are low in trans fatty acid content. Moving forward, snack giant Mondelēz is expanding its portfolio of healthier snacks. According to Maurizio Brusadelli, the new president for the APAC region, the company is allocating 70 percent of its new product development budget to well-being snacks. Big! Read our
- International Metalworking News for Asia- February 2016 2016-02
- The manufacturing industry is changing before our eyes. Driven by rapid globalisation, changes in customer expectations and the digitalisation of almost everything. Manufacturing has faced some big challenges and even bigger opportunities over the past few years. Metalworking technology is evolving. End users increasing demands carry more weight than ever. Not to mention competition coming from every direction and dimension. So how will the metalworking industry play out in 2016? Will it be the year of technology revolution making “Industry 4.0” a reality? Will it see the rise of robotics and automation into a new realm? Will 2016 be a year of action for manufacturers in Asia? We asked industry experts for their views. Find out more in this issue’s Outlook Report. Forward-thinking metalworking machine and tool builders, including software companies are looking for alternative ways to create and capture value. It is no longer just about selling the product, but about gaining a share of the value it generates in its use. Advances in metalworking technology and chang
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-2
- Market snapshot: Turkish delights were dancing in my head while I was going over this month’s article on Turkey’s food and beverage market. But I have yet to savor an authentic one. With over 78 million consumers, Turkey is indeed an attractive market, so we bring you the latest industry stats in market snapshot. Boardroom connection: It was a real treat putting together this issue. Aside from Turkish food, there’s Italian truffle. If truffle oil, butter, caviar and carpaccio are your thing, then do get in touch with the Truffle Man himself Massimo Vidoni in Dubai. We have his details in this section. Ingredients: From South Australia, the company Greenwheat Freekeh is expanding its market for freekeh, which comes from a nutritious grain called greenwheat. With freekeh, you can add potassium, calcium, fiber and other nutrients to everyday meals like salads, cereal, and baked goods. Dialogue: For the first time, we speak to Brazil’s chocolate and confectionery organization, ABICAB, which has a membership of 90 companies including Peccin and Nugali. ABICAB and its m
- International Plastics News for Asia 2016-2
- The automotive industry has been reaping the benefits of modern technology. In this issue, innovations by leading companies in materials and technologies are highlighted. These innovations are a major boost toward lightweighting through the use of plastics. 3D printing as a sector has attracted substantial attention. Aside from 3D printers, filaments and other compounds for 3D printing have seen improvement in terms of properties. This issue brings the latest materials available today for 3D printing and their special properties which translate into better end-products. Twin-screw extruders have taken their special position in many plants worldwide. They have become more efficient, ensuring cost control and high product quality.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-2
- Outlook report: We start the year’s first magazine edition with an outlook report on food, beverage and health ingredients. This report contains the insights of executives from Kalsec®, FMC Health and Nutrition, DuPont Nutrition & Health, Monteloeder, Tate & Lyle, and GNT. Plus, we’ve added our interviews with Huntsman, a producer of titanium dioxide, and IMCD, a leading distributor of ingredients and speciality chemicals. It’s good to note the continued optimism companies share when speaking about the Asian market, particularly the ASEAN region, which as you know is also on its first year as AEC. Ingredients: Read the latest on plant-based proteins. Cargill China’s manager for the Functional System Product line, Mr Sun Ying Bei offers his insights in this report. Boardroom connection: We’re happy to bring to you an exclusive with Mai Hoai Anh, the Executive Director of Sales at Vinamilk, Vietnam’s largest dairy producer, on the company’s venture in Cambodia. Packaging: We have several reports on packaging including Chirag Sheth’s article on food safety and trac
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.