At the EuroBLECH 2018 exhibition, Bystronic is presenting the networked world of sheet metal processing.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-03
- OUR boardroom connection interviewee is Cornelia Beau, managing director of Hainich, a Germany-based manufacturer of pickled products and sweet preserves. We met Ms Beau as she was sourcing machinery from Italy. From her we learn that Hainich products are very clean label, being produced traditionally. Manufacturers of baked goods and confectionery may already be aware of the product inspection technologies available to them, as well as why having the right conveying belt or system can help ensure the quality of breads, cookies, and chocolate. On page 22, Neil Giles of Mettler Toledo has something new on inspection systems; and on page 30, Flexco’s general manager, Southeast Asia, writes about keeping pace with this industry’s needs. Furthermore on food safety, and in particular ensuring halal authenticity, Vincent Lau of SCIEX explains the importance of using analytical tools to complement on-site inspection. Keeping you updated on dairy ingredients, Mervyn Gribben, general manager for Dairy & Nutrition, Asia Pacific, at Kerry and William Hui, Technical sales ma
- International Plastics News for Asia - February issue 2017-02
- This month's issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insights on some of the most important trends and initiatives about automation and digitalising your manufacturing. One of the most noteworthy feature is our interview with A3 President Jeff Burnstein. Jeff explained all there is to know about automation technologies and robots. Automation is already happening in some cases, especially in the manufacturing world, where human and machine have always worked side by side. However, many feel uneasy about an automated future because they’re viewing it in the context of today’s workplace. Find out how automation will help save and create jobs throughout the world in the Automation section. Leading off the feature is Stephen Flynn, president of Optical Gaging Products. He says that South East Asia is an important source of supply for many components and subassemblies that go into OGP systems. The company experienced very little slow down in their business in South East Asia, in spite of the strong U.S. Dollar. He believes the markets have h
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2017-2
- ANYWHERE in the world, there remain nutritional challenges to be addressed although much has been accomplished by the combined efforts of governments, organizations, and industry, to deal with malnutrition. Industry continues to play its role in stemming problems related to nutrition and health, but evidently much more must be done. In the Middle East, food fortification tackles inadequate intake of vitamin A and D, and iron. Read the report on page 9. In this issue, read an overview of the Saudi Arabia food and beverage market which continues to grow and attract new as well as popular brands, one of them, Barilla. According to this report by Zainab Mansoor, the country’s food service sales in 2016 was estimated to reach $8.88 billion, or close to half of the GCC’s. In boardroom connection, get to know more about Boncafe Middle East, a one-stop shop for coffee and equipment in Dubai.
- International Plastics News for Asia - February issue 2017-2
- Industry 4.0 has taken the industrial world and in Asia, many companies have accepted the trends by investing their resources to digitize their production processes. With this in mind, we talked to some industry experts on the products they provide to ensure Asia-Pacific companies meet their target. This issue looks into the latest flexible materials and how these are fast gaining acceptance in primary packaging. As flexible packaging is increasingly preferred for its ability to protect the content while providing such other benefits as lower weight, enhanced performance, and a lesser chance of contamination, the release of new compounds coupled with advanced processing technologies is expected to further enhance the quality of flexible packaging products.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-02
- CONSUMERS dictate the need for food and beverage products to contain ingredients that frankly shouldn’t compromise health when taken in moderation. It’s fair to demand that from the industry. Of course, market research suggest that the one direction manufacturers are taking is the route to simplify and clear their labels. Innova Market Insights calls it “Clean Supreme”. The clean and clear trend isn’t just for products, but for the whole supply chain. For many, it can be a long road to traverse. But I say, take the first step because there are no alternative routes if you want your products to be loved. Another important step to take is to increase the nutritional value of products where possible. This generation is choosy (to a fault?) and are likely to be more interested in functional products, and may I add, in attractive but sustainable packaging., be it with a new ingredient or a processing technology. That brings me to our report on infant nutrition. The industry continues to grow in Asia, despite the hurdles. This report also got me thinking. All these acti
- International Metalworking News for Asia - December 2016 2016-12
- Be sure to check out International Metalworking News for Asia’s December issue, which spotlights some of the interesting keynote speakers during the recent Solid Edge University in late October. Excellence and innovation in automotive technology was on display in the keynote presentations. From a young engineer who earned a placement at the Red Bull Formula 1 team, to a garage start up that now designs and manufacturers race winning off-road vehicles, to a company disrupting the traditional way that cars are designed and manufactured. And all using Solid Edge as a key tool in their success. Notable in the December issue is the Outlook Report 2017. Manufacturing is no longer simply about making physical products. The economics of production, and the economics of the supply chain have led to a fundamental shift in the way companies do business. Today, equipment manufacturers are facing another form of advancement—the rise of new digital industrial technology, referred to as Industry 4.0. But how do industry experts view the development of Industry 4.0, how do they
- International Plastics News for Asia 2016-12
- In this issue, we gathered the insights of industry experts on what they think will be the upcoming trends in the plastics and rubber industry in 2017 and the factors that would affect product development and business operations. All these insights are part of the Outlook 2017 Special Report that we release every last issue of the year. K 2016 remains the biggest event in the industry and this year’s edition surpassed all expectations in terms of exhibitors and visitors attendance, as well as the quality of products on exhibit. The RIngier Editorial team covered this important event , with its highlights and valuable feedback from exhibitors. Welding plastic materials and components is a complex task and the process requires accuracy and speed to achieve the desired results. Several new techniques were recently introduced that can improve the welding process for various types of plastic materials.
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-11
- WE’RE all interested in what’s new, so this issue brings you the latest products for the food and beverage industry. Among packaging innovations are a metal can design that allows users to fill dry products through the base of the can and seam on a non-easy-open end without having to make changes to the filling line; vacuum skin films for enhanced on-shelf presentation; and a continuous ink jet printing system for those that require only up to two lines of printed text, graphics and barcodes as well as images from 2mm to 12mm on their products. Snack manufacturers may be interested in a continuous potato chip fryer with several features including patented technology to ensure evenly fried potato slices. It also limits the formation of acrylamides and reduces the amount of rejects. For companies that process powders, consider the new vertical dryer claimed to reduce cycle times. We also feature hoists and cranes that can be used in dust-laden atmospheres or other explosion-hazardous areas such as the chemical manufacture and processing environments. Last but not le
Flavouring technologies that use nutritionally-balanced ingredients are best for reformulating meat recipes, writes DIMITRIOS TZOUVELEKIS*.
Many canned foods have seen their share of reformulations, but they can’t quite shake off the “unhealthy” label.
Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.