Solid Edge University this year was conducted in Indianapolis. Siemens employees, developers, channel partners, and the press attended the 3 day gala event.
- International Metalworking News for Asia- February 2016 2016-02
- The manufacturing industry is changing before our eyes. Driven by rapid globalisation, changes in customer expectations and the digitalisation of almost everything. Manufacturing has faced some big challenges and even bigger opportunities over the past few years. Metalworking technology is evolving. End users increasing demands carry more weight than ever. Not to mention competition coming from every direction and dimension. So how will the metalworking industry play out in 2016? Will it be the year of technology revolution making “Industry 4.0” a reality? Will it see the rise of robotics and automation into a new realm? Will 2016 be a year of action for manufacturers in Asia? We asked industry experts for their views. Find out more in this issue’s Outlook Report. Forward-thinking metalworking machine and tool builders, including software companies are looking for alternative ways to create and capture value. It is no longer just about selling the product, but about gaining a share of the value it generates in its use. Advances in metalworking technology and chang
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2016-2
- Market snapshot: Turkish delights were dancing in my head while I was going over this month’s article on Turkey’s food and beverage market. But I have yet to savor an authentic one. With over 78 million consumers, Turkey is indeed an attractive market, so we bring you the latest industry stats in market snapshot. Boardroom connection: It was a real treat putting together this issue. Aside from Turkish food, there’s Italian truffle. If truffle oil, butter, caviar and carpaccio are your thing, then do get in touch with the Truffle Man himself Massimo Vidoni in Dubai. We have his details in this section. Ingredients: From South Australia, the company Greenwheat Freekeh is expanding its market for freekeh, which comes from a nutritious grain called greenwheat. With freekeh, you can add potassium, calcium, fiber and other nutrients to everyday meals like salads, cereal, and baked goods. Dialogue: For the first time, we speak to Brazil’s chocolate and confectionery organization, ABICAB, which has a membership of 90 companies including Peccin and Nugali. ABICAB and its m
- International Plastics News for Asia 2016-2
- The automotive industry has been reaping the benefits of modern technology. In this issue, innovations by leading companies in materials and technologies are highlighted. These innovations are a major boost toward lightweighting through the use of plastics. 3D printing as a sector has attracted substantial attention. Aside from 3D printers, filaments and other compounds for 3D printing have seen improvement in terms of properties. This issue brings the latest materials available today for 3D printing and their special properties which translate into better end-products. Twin-screw extruders have taken their special position in many plants worldwide. They have become more efficient, ensuring cost control and high product quality.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2016-2
- Outlook report: We start the year’s first magazine edition with an outlook report on food, beverage and health ingredients. This report contains the insights of executives from Kalsec®, FMC Health and Nutrition, DuPont Nutrition & Health, Monteloeder, Tate & Lyle, and GNT. Plus, we’ve added our interviews with Huntsman, a producer of titanium dioxide, and IMCD, a leading distributor of ingredients and speciality chemicals. It’s good to note the continued optimism companies share when speaking about the Asian market, particularly the ASEAN region, which as you know is also on its first year as AEC. Ingredients: Read the latest on plant-based proteins. Cargill China’s manager for the Functional System Product line, Mr Sun Ying Bei offers his insights in this report. Boardroom connection: We’re happy to bring to you an exclusive with Mai Hoai Anh, the Executive Director of Sales at Vinamilk, Vietnam’s largest dairy producer, on the company’s venture in Cambodia. Packaging: We have several reports on packaging including Chirag Sheth’s article on food safety and trac
- International Footwear News 2015-12
- Published 5x a year in Chinese, Ringier's International Footwear News print magazine, digital e-magazine and Mobile Apps reach a qualified controlled readership of manufacturing decision-makers. In a strategic editorial partnership with a team of authoritative editorial advisors, International Footwear News facilitates technology transfer from around the world by providing the latest developments in footwear manufacturing equipment, materials and components, with practical solutions for improving productivity, reducing cost, and turning innovations into real competitive advantages.
- International Metalworking News for Asia- December 2015 2015-12
- International Metalworking News for Asia’s (IMNA) lead feature in December is a “New depth in drilling deep through-holes.” The Mechanised Edge Profiling (MEP), is an engineered tool, guided by a machine tool’s CAM program, to remove burrs quickly and consistently. This method combines innovative tool design with 5-axis toolpaths to enable fast, repeatable deburring of holes deeper than 10 times diameter. Big news in our enterprise close-up column this month is an interview story of Philip Norman of Ross Robotics. He has worked as an author, architect and artist before designing a new construction toy that used a much simpler array of parts than existing kits. Philip has presented what can only be described as an “eyes wide open” approach to engineering using nature, art, mathematics and science as inspiration for the design of his modular robots. Other articles explore the fast-evolving arena of laser cutting, and optical metrology products which are now replacing traditional CMMs. Laser cutting is ideal for working on small tubes that must be cut to high dime
- International Plastics News for Asia 2015-12
- This is the last issue for the year and we bring you our special report, Outlook 2016, which compiles the insights of industry experts on upcoming industry trends and market directions that would impact their operations. In this issue, we invited companies that have made significant contributions to the industry through their breakthrough products aimed at bringing benefits to various industries relying on plastics and rubber. Many new developments in the blown film sector have resulted in vast improvement in the quality of films. A new blown film line, offered with multiple extruder packages, aims at delivering value-added high-level blown film performance. Painting of plastic parts has become a lot more costefficient due to the availability of various techniques that guarantee strong economic efficiency and sustainability.
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East & Africa 2015-12
- NEEDLESS to say, health and nutrition trends are starting to drive more new product developments in the Middle East and Africa which continue to face their share of over- and undernutrition issues. A product that has been formulated with an ingredient or ingredients that can provide some health-giving component is viewed with more regard by end-consumers, and the company that formulates it gains the consumer’s trust. In this issue, Hans Schinck of Corbion Purac writes an article on fortifying beverages with calcium, one of the main benefits of which is to fight osteoporosis. Also for better bones, Gelita highlights its many collagen peptide products for stronger ligaments and joints. Other fortification updates in this issue include Nestlé South Africa’s successful addition of morogo, a nutritious green leafy vegetable found in Africa, to one of the world’s most popular snacks, instant noodles.
For the elderly, food must not only meet their nutritional needs, but the packaging has to be easy to open, reminds Jo Smewing*
Evonik Industries is driving forward its commitment to the attractive 3D printing market: The specialty chemicals company will participate in HP Inc.’s Open Platform program and introduce new customized powder materials to the market for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology.
LPKF is presenting a brand new technology on booth E04 in Hall 11 at K show 2016. "Wobbling" enables the LPKF PowerWeld3D 8000 to join large components of up to 100 cm x 70 cm with welds of between one and five millimeter width. It can also handle height differences.