Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-11
- IF YOU’RE watching the trends over the past few years, you’re likely to see how the food and beverage industry has transformed because consumers are learning to be more vocal about their preferences. They’re expressing their opinion about anything from flavors to concern for environment to illegal practices, and issues that raise questions about the ways of the industry. It’s also easy to track what they’re purchasing and eating. What does it all mean for you as a food/beverage manufacturer? You certainly invest in R&D to address the issues that affect your brand. You innovate to make your product food-safe, nature-friendly, sustainable, and healthy for consumers. You acquire another company to increase your capability. Whatever the strategy is, you depend on processing and packaging equipment or products to help you create the ideal product using the most cost-efficient means. The good news is there’s always a processing or packaging solution that will fit your needs even as your needs quickly change. In this issue, let’s explore some of the newer solutions.
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2017-09
- HAVE you ever told someone: If my production is running efficiently without IoT, why should I adopt it now? Fair question. But if you could make your production run more efficiently – would you think twice in adopting IoT? The food and beverage industry has yet to get used to the idea of the Internet of Things (IoT) being a part of everyday processes. There’s always some resistance to adopting new technology when there’s insufficient knowledge about it, or if cost is an issue. According to experts, IoT can help bring down cost, enhance product quality and safety, track and trace products in transit, and so on. Being able to prevent production issues before they occur is a giant leap in efficiency. That’s just one of the benefits. Cutting waste is another. To know more, read our report on how IoT is changing the food and beverage sector. Also in this issue, we give you a market overview of Iran and Turkey, two of the fastest developing food and beverage markets in the region. On the cover, we feature sweet confections to highlight the development of new ingredients
- International Plastics News for Asia 2017-10
- The successful conclusion of the Asia Plastics Processing Technology and Innovative Materials Summit 2017, organized by Ringier Events in cooperation with various organizations and private sector representatives, reflects the growing importance of breakthrough technologies and high-performance materials in Asia's dynamic plastics industry. Held in Jakarta, this event highlighted the Asian market's demand for advanced technologies and also presented the materials of the future. Today's fast-moving markets give importance to connectivity and many companies will do well to adapt their products and manage information in both practical and cost-effective ways. And central to the operations of the smart environment and cloud-connected machinery and equipment that leverage collected data to monitor processes and keep production running optimally. Our Special Report in this issue brings into focus the impact of new materials in the highly dynamic automotive industry, which are setting new trends and standards in the way vehicles are built.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-10
- This month's special issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insight on some of the most important announcements and initiatives to come out of this year's top industry trends. One of the most intriguing highlights at the recent EMO Hannover is Hoffmann Group's analogy with nature's powers of innovation in its technology – emphasising the company's ongoing commitment to bringing new, high-quality tools to the market as part of its GARANT premium brand. Using the slogan "Innovative by nature", its innovations include a new conical barrel milling cutter, which makes it possible to achieve an improved surface quality and make considerable time savings through the use of state-of-the-art milling strategies. Håkan Ericksson, Global Product Specialist at Sandvik Coromant, authored this month’s Tooling & Workholding section titled “Fast automotive turning gets stamp of approval.” He explains a different method of turning that challenges conventions to deliver productivity increases typically no less than double what can be achieved presently. In
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-09
- THIS issue is full of new information on products and services for the food and beverage processing industry. We spoke at length with executives from Henkel, Alfa Laval, Videojet, and Veolia on their solutions for medium and large companies, and we feature equipment from Bühler, Matcon, and other trusted names in the manufacturing industry. And where would the food and beverage industry be without innovative ingredients? This September 5-6, Vitafoods Asia is thrilled to showcase nutraceuticals and health ingredients from its new home in Singapore. In Bangkok, Fi Asia will again gather thousands from September 13-15. To celebrate ingredients, we chose a delightful cover shot that depicts plant-based dairy, courtesy of AAK. We also interviewed Samhae, a manufacturer of seaweed products in Korea. Also this month, most packaging and processing companies we know will be at PACK EXPO Las Vegas, another spectacular event to be held from September 25-27. For those who will miss it, check out the new products on page 40.
- International Plastics News for Asia - August issue 2017-8
- Cost reduction has always been an important concern among manufacturers today. In this area, an intelligent process cooling technology plays a vital role as it can potentially reduce operational costs and enable the business to stay competitive. This issue carries an article on innovative process cooling systems and how these can be configured to meet the goals of maximum uptime, efficiency and performance in operation. Color management solutions have become more accurate ensuring high quality of the finished product. A wide range of color solutions is now available, from analysis of the customer’s needs to delivery of the equipment and software. The goal of specifying, formulating and controlling critical color requirements is now possible with recent developments in this segment. Injection stretch blow molding or ISBM has taken a major leap forward with the introduction of the world’s first triple row one-step ISBM system that could provide not only technical superiority and enhanced quality, but also significant reduction in production space.
- International Metalworking News for Asia 2017-08
- Call it as the fourth industrial revolution or industry 4.0, there is no denying that a fundamental shift in the supply chain is changing the way manufacturing industries operate. The August issue of International Metalworking News for Asia explores a range of articles associated with Industry 4.0. These articles implement digital improvements to business processes that are key to growth. While modern portal machines have now achieved high level optimisation in terms of performance, and dynamics are little more than details, the question of service is becoming more important. After all, what characterises a good relationship between supplier and user? Zimmermann is currently working on an app that will display the machine state to the customer at all times. If an error occurs, the user immediately sees a message that is sent directly to the company. Find out more in this month’s Metal Cutting section. Despite the fact that there is an awareness of the importance of digital transformation in South East Asia, this has not yet fully translated into reality. Majori
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-07
- Fresh meat, meat alternatives, processed meat products…they all go through many processes to comply with industry standards and customer requirements. To obtain the right texture or flavor alone is a tedious process. Fortunately, innovations in products like stabilizers and texturizers can elevate quality, such as succulence in meat substitutes. Extending the freshness of meat can still be an issue with meat sellers or processed meat manufacturers. But breakthroughs in antimicrobial agents are there to prolong overall quality. Choosing taste-free antimicrobial agents can make a lot of difference. The right packaging is also necessary in maintaining product freshness, and for raw meat, developments in flexible packaging are ample. Read all about it in this month's issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal.
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.