The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-07
- Fresh meat, meat alternatives, processed meat products…they all go through many processes to comply with industry standards and customer requirements. To obtain the right texture or flavor alone is a tedious process. Fortunately, innovations in products like stabilizers and texturizers can elevate quality, such as succulence in meat substitutes. Extending the freshness of meat can still be an issue with meat sellers or processed meat manufacturers. But breakthroughs in antimicrobial agents are there to prolong overall quality. Choosing taste-free antimicrobial agents can make a lot of difference. The right packaging is also necessary in maintaining product freshness, and for raw meat, developments in flexible packaging are ample. Read all about it in this month's issue of FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal.
- International Metalworking News for Asia June 2017 2017-06
- Be sure to read International Metalworking News for Asia’s June issue, which spotlights interesting interviews of some of the industry’s movers and shakers. Philip Parker, Product Marketing Manager of Hypetherm Mechanised Plasma Systems Team talked about most significant advance in mechanised plasma cutting with the introduction of an entirely new class of plasma called X-Definition™. This new plasma is available for the first time in a 300 amp plasma system called the XPR300. He said that the arrival of X-Definition Plasma and our new XPR300 is a huge step forward in the capabilities of plasma technology. Dr Robert Blackburn, CEO of Hoffmann Group said that market is moving quickly and developing up the value chain. The trend over the coming three years is all about embedding software or embedding intelligence in the tool. He discussed the company’s ambition to further build up intelligence and offer smart solutions that enable efficient communication between the tool and the machine. This is a challenge, but above all it’s a great opportunity for Hoffmann, wh
- International Plastics News for Asia - June issue 2017-6
- CHINAPLAS 2017 far exceeded expectations with its sice and scope. Asia’s biggest exhibition for the plastics and rubber industries gathered over 155,000 visitors who witnessed 3,400 exhibits. A whole range of products and services geared to achieve smart manufacturing were properly demonstrated and displayed on the show floor. As Asian companies adopt intelligent manufacturing, we expect many exhibitors to further strengthen their commitment toward this target in the upcoming editions of this exhibition. In this issue, we bring you a Special Supplement on Southeast Asian major exhibition, InterPlas Thailand. The trades show is now held concurrently with Manufacturing Expo and this guarantees a broader scope and more informative exchange. The Special Supplement contains the show’s main highlights with description on the products on exhibit and contact information of exhibitors. The new generation of bioplastic carries special properties that make them ideal for complex applications, or applications that demand performance and easy processability. In this issue, a n
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-06
- Waste not THIS issue has many interesting news from processing and packaging companies. One that stands out is the case study shared by The Bühler Group on its role in helping Spanish olive processor Grupo Elayo develop a new healthy ingredient out of olive seeds. Talk about enterprising! Nothing should go to waste, right? And on that subject, we talked to Tetra Pak’s Jeff Fielkow, Cluster Leader Environment for South Asia, East Asia & Oceania, on the company’s recycling efforts in Asia. Just last month, the company also announced the launch of its first innovation center in the region! That of course is great news for food and beverage customers. Eau De Coco, a featured company in this issue uses Tetra Pak process technology for its coconut products. Read our exclusive interview with Martial Beck who is Director of Business Development. We also continue our reporting on automation and the Internet of Things on pages 32-35 focusing on traceability and food safety, with featured companies like Barilla and Muddy Boots, plus an article by Tom Egan, vice presiden
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-05
- THE MAY issue brings special attention to innovations in packaging and processing, from our six-page coverage of interpack in Düsseldorf to a quick preview of ProPak Asia (and Thaifex) in Bangkok. When reporting on trade shows of this enormity, I am blown away by what seems like countless solutions available to the food and beverage companies, from diverse materials to entry level machinery and cutting-edge lines being presented as designs to boost productivity. And this year, interpack highlights continuing developments in Industry 4.0. While Industry 4.0 is not a new concept, many aspects of investment, application, and even security are unclear to users. There are many reasons for this, so we aim to shed more light on the technology and applications as these are launched. Our feature on smart manufacturing on p32 is a good start. But for all the sophistication that technology brings, interpack also reminds us of some realities – to adopt food-saving concepts. So, don’t miss SAVE FOOD! Also in this issue, are the latest food ingredients, and an exclusive report
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2017-4
- The buzzword now is smart manufacturing, and this trend has become the main highlight of many major exhibitions in Asia. At KOPLAS 2017, we witnessed the growing range of solutions to achieve smart manufacturing and digitalization as Asian suppliers compete side by side with European companies in this area. CHINAPLAS 2017 also focuses on smart manufacturing and this issue carries a Special Supplement on the exhibition’s main highlights with description on the products on exhibit and contact information of exhibitors. The broad range of products to meet the diverse needs of fast-growing applications is made more interesting by the promise of live demonstrations at the show floor. Polycarbonate has evolved into a material of choice for various applications. In this issue, we look at how Covestro has continued to develop material options that will stress the benefits of polycarbonate.
- IDN 2017-3
- International Mold & Die Making News for China, in a strategic editorial partnership with FORM + Werkzeug of Germany and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been the leading print magazine for the mold die making industry for 14 years. This specialist magazine is not only able to provide latest information and technologies to create high-end molds and set up process standards on mold production, but also presents its comprehensive content through a multimedia platform. These include e-magazines, a metalworking website (in both Chinese and English) with daily updates and online exclusives, monthly e-newsletters, and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. With such current, informative and attractive content in both digital and printed forms, International Mold & Die Making News for China offers the most effective communication package for mold & die makers improving productivity, reducing cost and turning innovations into real competitive advantages.
- International Metalworking News for Asia - April issue 2017-04
- Industry 4.0 is emerging a critical component to manufacturing competence, a trend that will further intensify in the coming years. Leading companies are appearing on the horizon with ideas that will change the face of the industry. Job shops in South East Asia’s developing economies are now starting to identify technologies that would complement their manufacturing businesses. Here at International Metalworking News for Asia, we strive to present technical articles, stories and products that can help expand outside traditional manufacturing. DMG Mori supports its customers on their path to consistent digitalisation based on the app-based control and operator system CELOS® with intelligent software solutions and a lot of digital products and services. By now every fourth machine is thanks to CELOS® compatible with the future. Find out what other products the company presented during its recent open house in this month’s Metal Cutting section. To remain competitive and profitable, shops continually seek the most economical and productive ways to accomplish the
Optimisation key to addressing waste reduction and other issues as companies move toward more sustainable production
Two-day conference looks at opportunities and solutions for today’s pressing challenges in the food and beverage and plastic packaging and processing industries.
Since the final judge of any product is the consumer or the end-user, it is always best to monitor comparative product market performance versus its competitors, writes MIFLORA M. GATCHALIAN, PhD., CEO, Quality Partners Company, Ltd., and Academician Emeritus International Academy for Quality.