Global leading, focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa ingredients, Olam Cocoa, focuses on natural ingredients, new flavours and delivery formats as it rides the healthy snack trend
- International Plastics News for Asia - April 2017-4
- The buzzword now is smart manufacturing, and this trend has become the main highlight of many major exhibitions in Asia. At KOPLAS 2017, we witnessed the growing range of solutions to achieve smart manufacturing and digitalization as Asian suppliers compete side by side with European companies in this area. CHINAPLAS 2017 also focuses on smart manufacturing and this issue carries a Special Supplement on the exhibition’s main highlights with description on the products on exhibit and contact information of exhibitors. The broad range of products to meet the diverse needs of fast-growing applications is made more interesting by the promise of live demonstrations at the show floor. Polycarbonate has evolved into a material of choice for various applications. In this issue, we look at how Covestro has continued to develop material options that will stress the benefits of polycarbonate.
- IDN 2017-3
- International Mold & Die Making News for China, in a strategic editorial partnership with FORM + Werkzeug of Germany and a team of authoritative editorial advisors in China, has been the leading print magazine for the mold die making industry for 14 years. This specialist magazine is not only able to provide latest information and technologies to create high-end molds and set up process standards on mold production, but also presents its comprehensive content through a multimedia platform. These include e-magazines, a metalworking website (in both Chinese and English) with daily updates and online exclusives, monthly e-newsletters, and fully interactive magazine Apps including video links on iTunes and Google Play. With such current, informative and attractive content in both digital and printed forms, International Mold & Die Making News for China offers the most effective communication package for mold & die makers improving productivity, reducing cost and turning innovations into real competitive advantages.
- International Metalworking News for Asia - April issue 2017-04
- Industry 4.0 is emerging a critical component to manufacturing competence, a trend that will further intensify in the coming years. Leading companies are appearing on the horizon with ideas that will change the face of the industry. Job shops in South East Asia’s developing economies are now starting to identify technologies that would complement their manufacturing businesses. Here at International Metalworking News for Asia, we strive to present technical articles, stories and products that can help expand outside traditional manufacturing. DMG Mori supports its customers on their path to consistent digitalisation based on the app-based control and operator system CELOS® with intelligent software solutions and a lot of digital products and services. By now every fourth machine is thanks to CELOS® compatible with the future. Find out what other products the company presented during its recent open house in this month’s Metal Cutting section. To remain competitive and profitable, shops continually seek the most economical and productive ways to accomplish the
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-03
- OUR boardroom connection interviewee is Cornelia Beau, managing director of Hainich, a Germany-based manufacturer of pickled products and sweet preserves. We met Ms Beau as she was sourcing machinery from Italy. From her we learn that Hainich products are very clean label, being produced traditionally. Manufacturers of baked goods and confectionery may already be aware of the product inspection technologies available to them, as well as why having the right conveying belt or system can help ensure the quality of breads, cookies, and chocolate. On page 22, Neil Giles of Mettler Toledo has something new on inspection systems; and on page 30, Flexco’s general manager, Southeast Asia, writes about keeping pace with this industry’s needs. Furthermore on food safety, and in particular ensuring halal authenticity, Vincent Lau of SCIEX explains the importance of using analytical tools to complement on-site inspection. Keeping you updated on dairy ingredients, Mervyn Gribben, general manager for Dairy & Nutrition, Asia Pacific, at Kerry and William Hui, Technical sales ma
- International Plastics News for Asia - February issue 2017-02
- This month's issue of International Metalworking News for Asia is loaded with insights on some of the most important trends and initiatives about automation and digitalising your manufacturing. One of the most noteworthy feature is our interview with A3 President Jeff Burnstein. Jeff explained all there is to know about automation technologies and robots. Automation is already happening in some cases, especially in the manufacturing world, where human and machine have always worked side by side. However, many feel uneasy about an automated future because they’re viewing it in the context of today’s workplace. Find out how automation will help save and create jobs throughout the world in the Automation section. Leading off the feature is Stephen Flynn, president of Optical Gaging Products. He says that South East Asia is an important source of supply for many components and subassemblies that go into OGP systems. The company experienced very little slow down in their business in South East Asia, in spite of the strong U.S. Dollar. He believes the markets have h
- Food Manufacturing Journal - Middle East 2017-2
- ANYWHERE in the world, there remain nutritional challenges to be addressed although much has been accomplished by the combined efforts of governments, organizations, and industry, to deal with malnutrition. Industry continues to play its role in stemming problems related to nutrition and health, but evidently much more must be done. In the Middle East, food fortification tackles inadequate intake of vitamin A and D, and iron. Read the report on page 9. In this issue, read an overview of the Saudi Arabia food and beverage market which continues to grow and attract new as well as popular brands, one of them, Barilla. According to this report by Zainab Mansoor, the country’s food service sales in 2016 was estimated to reach $8.88 billion, or close to half of the GCC’s. In boardroom connection, get to know more about Boncafe Middle East, a one-stop shop for coffee and equipment in Dubai.
- International Plastics News for Asia - February issue 2017-2
- Industry 4.0 has taken the industrial world and in Asia, many companies have accepted the trends by investing their resources to digitize their production processes. With this in mind, we talked to some industry experts on the products they provide to ensure Asia-Pacific companies meet their target. This issue looks into the latest flexible materials and how these are fast gaining acceptance in primary packaging. As flexible packaging is increasingly preferred for its ability to protect the content while providing such other benefits as lower weight, enhanced performance, and a lesser chance of contamination, the release of new compounds coupled with advanced processing technologies is expected to further enhance the quality of flexible packaging products.
- FoodPacific Manufacturing Journal 2017-02
- CONSUMERS dictate the need for food and beverage products to contain ingredients that frankly shouldn’t compromise health when taken in moderation. It’s fair to demand that from the industry. Of course, market research suggest that the one direction manufacturers are taking is the route to simplify and clear their labels. Innova Market Insights calls it “Clean Supreme”. The clean and clear trend isn’t just for products, but for the whole supply chain. For many, it can be a long road to traverse. But I say, take the first step because there are no alternative routes if you want your products to be loved. Another important step to take is to increase the nutritional value of products where possible. This generation is choosy (to a fault?) and are likely to be more interested in functional products, and may I add, in attractive but sustainable packaging., be it with a new ingredient or a processing technology. That brings me to our report on infant nutrition. The industry continues to grow in Asia, despite the hurdles. This report also got me thinking. All these acti
Samai is the first rum distillery in Cambodia, and proudly the only one producing premium and industrial rums in the Kingdom, writes JEAN ALINGOD-GUITTAP.
The fight against obesity continues with multi-sectoral partnerships, commitment and strong food innovation.
The 2019 ASEAN Automotive & Motorcycle Parts Manufacturing Summit successfully ended following a two-day run, from 6-7 November at the Holiday Inn Cikarang Jababeka in Indonesia.